367 replies to this topic

#321 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,263 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'm beginning to find that pattern annoying. I think they really began to overuse it starting in Season 4

I think the show would be paced better if multiple plot lines were covered on most episodes.

The problem with that is the show become disjointed. Imagine if last week's episode and this one were cut together so that both plot lines took two shows to finish.

They're already meandering badly. I'll bet one shiny penny they are slow rolling towards the mid season break. They only got two more shows.

#322 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,180 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

I thought it was a good episode overall. One of the better episodes of Season 7 IMO

The only thing I didn't like was Tara's acting. On a show full of strong actors and actresses, she's one of the weakest.

I don't think we will see the Heath character again. The actor who plays Heath seems to have taken a better gig on the "24" reboot

Yea, she was weak ....

What was that, cool, hip, scared? ....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#323 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

The problem with that is the show become disjointed. Imagine if last week's episode and this one were cut together so that both plot lines took two shows to finish.

They're already meandering badly. I'll bet one shiny penny they are slow rolling towards the mid season break. They only got two more shows.

It's basically gotten to the point of "hey something interesting/important happened, so we're going to ignore if for 2-3 episodes."

#324 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

A lot of things in motion after last night's episode.  The "relationship" between Carl and Negan begins...and you get a deeper look into Negan's mind, which is an almost childlike depravity.  The scene with him on the porch with Judith truly made my stomach turn. 

On the otherhand, Negan is highly entertaining, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at his one liners. 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#325 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

I have mixed feelings so far about this season. Hopefully next week's mid season finale doesn't disappoint

In spoiler news, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is signed on for Season 8 so the Negan character is here to stay at least through next season
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#326 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

I have mixed feelings so far about this season. Hopefully next week's mid season finale doesn't disappoint

In spoiler news, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is signed on for Season 8 so the Negan character is here to stay at least through next season

Negan's not going nowhere any time soon.  He's still alive in the comics, and still a big part of the story.  I seriously doubt they deviate much, because the storyline becomes incredibly fascinating.

Edited by alienrace, 05 December 2016 - 03:55 PM.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#327 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,263 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

I wonder who they'll cast as Alpha and Lydia. They're starting to run out of material.

#328 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:18 PM

I wonder who they'll cast as Alpha and Lydia. They're starting to run out of material.

It's getting close, but I'd say they have about 2.5 more seasons before they're caught up to the comic books.  I think this season builds towards all out war with Negan and the Saviors, next season is mostly about that, then the season after that will start with the 2 year time jump, that is if they stick to that, and I think they should.

#329 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

I always wondered why they've never had any government type organizations other than the CDC in season 1. 

#330 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Thoughts on the Midseason finale?

I thought it was a solid episode. I'm definitely interested in seeing how Rick and the crew plan on taking on Neagan

#331 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

"Oh, there's your guts!  There were inside you all along!  I've never been more wrong about something in my entire LIFE!". 

I was literally rolling on the floor.  And it's not like Spencer didn't deserve it either.  What a slimy weasel.  It's becoming clear that Negan respects people with guts, and has no use for people with poor character.  Quite ironic considering he is well, quite a madman.

I suspect the second half of the season will be the build up to the war.  Maybe get into a bit, and have some cliffhanger during a battle.

#332 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,263 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

I always wondered why they've never had any government type organizations other than the CDC in season 1.

Between Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead, the premise is that the government collapsed pretty quickly. If the Marines stormed in to save the day in the first half of the first season then that would be that. Show over.

#333 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,180 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

Not a bad episode .....

Cheesy ending .....

Rah, rah, here we go team .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#334 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Solid episode

Suddenly it seems like there are more living people than Walkers

#335 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Solid episode

Suddenly it seems like there are more living people than Walkers

Yeah, the "In Memoriam" portion of Talking Dead lasted one scene, lol.

Good episode.  Moving quickly towards the "All Out War" portion of the comics. 

#336 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Two episodes in a row that were very well done

Hopefully a sign of the show getting back on track

#337 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

I fell asleep twice.

#338 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

I was curious about the song “Easy Street” that the Saviors played to torture Daryl. It was sung by the Collapsible Hearts Club featuring Jim Bianco and Petra Haden. I found out that Petra Haden is a triplet daughter of the late jazz bassist Charlie Haden.

Easy Street - For your listening pleasure.

#339 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

This most recent episode was really good.

#340 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

I'm enjoying the past few episodes so far despite the lack of violence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users