367 replies to this topic

#341 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Dwight's story is fascinating on so many levels. 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#342 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

The "Bury Me" episode was all around the best Walking Dead episode I've seen in quite some time
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#343 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

I'm pleased so far with the writing and acting performances in the second half of Season 7 although I thought the lead up to Sasha and Rosita's imminent deaths was weakly done

Maybe they would've handled it better if they had more time for the episode.

#344 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

I wish this was the last season.

#345 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,263 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

I wish this was the last season.

I got some bad news for you.

I stopped watching the show and I'm about to give up on the comics. After the Savior story, guess what happens? I'm not even going to put a spoiler tag on it. Another group of crazies show up.

Edited by SemiAuto, 29 March 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#346 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

I think this season has been pretty good. Even the slower, character moments have been good and that's usually what's turned me off in the past.

#347 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

I got some bad news for you.

I stopped watching the show and I'm about to give up on the comics. After the Savior story, guess what happens? I'm not even going to put a spoiler tag on it. Another group of crazies show up.

I've watched from beginning and am losing interest fast.  AMC definitely has a formula for it's dramas and it's getting boring.

#348 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

I think this season has been pretty good. Even the slower, character moments have been good and that's usually what's turned me off in the past.

I'm with you

I think the dramatic moments in the second half of season 7 have been great

I doubt much will happen in the finale this Sunday though. It looks like Negan will survive at least into Season 8

#349 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

I'm with you

I think the dramatic moments in the second half of season 7 have been great

I doubt much will happen in the finale this Sunday though. It looks like Negan will survive at least into Season 8

I bet there's a cliffhanger.  :rolleyes:

#350 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

I bet there's a cliffhanger.  :rolleyes:

You mean just like every single drama series in the history of television on their season finale?

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#351 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

You mean just like every single drama series in the history of television on their season finale?

There are some exceptions like The Wire and there's a whole bunch of new Miniseries type shows like American Horror Story and Fargo but for the most part you're right.

For most TV series, you know there will be a cliffhanger or perhaps the death of a major character in the season finale

#352 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Most aren't as bad as last year's season finale. 

#353 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

TWD has had its low points over the years but they usually follow them up with some great TV drama.

I almost gave up on the show during the first half of Season 7 but I think most of the episodes in the second half have been well written and executed.

I'm sure they will disappoint me again pretty soon but I've gotten use to the inconsistency of the show

Edited by soulflower, 30 March 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#354 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Just curious, what was bad about it? 

#355 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

Just curious, what was bad about it? 

The second half of the season had all the build up to Negan and then he's finally on screen for a few minutes and then the camera goes black and he kills one of the main people.  Then viewers have to wait until the next season to see what happened.  Lame way to generate hype.

#356 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

The second half of the season had all the build up to Negan and then he's finally on screen for a few minutes and then the camera goes black and he kills one of the main people.  Then viewers have to wait until the next season to see what happened.  Lame way to generate hype.

Lame, really?  Seems like a pretty brilliant way to build anticipation for the next season's premiere(and I think that premiere was the highest rated episode of the entire series, right?). 

A show like this isn't supposed to give you resolution, or satisfaction.  It's ongoing use of uneasiness, frustration, and anticipation are the formula that successful shows have used for decades.  People decried Lost for the same reasons, and the Sopranos, etc.  Yet those shows could hardly be considered unsuccessful, and are often listed as people's all-time favorites. 

#357 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Lame, really? Seems like a pretty brilliant way to build anticipation for the next season's premiere(and I think that premiere was the highest rated episode of the entire series, right?).

A show like this isn't supposed to give you resolution, or satisfaction. It's ongoing use of uneasiness, frustration, and anticipation are the formula that successful shows have used for decades. People decried Lost for the same reasons, and the Sopranos, etc. Yet those shows could hardly be considered unsuccessful, and are often listed as people's all-time favorites.

The only near perfect TV series IMO were The Wire and Breaking Bad. Those two shows were just far more disciplined in the writing and character development than almost any other long running TV shows.

The Walking Dead has gone through lots of changes with the writing and direction of the show but I think what keeps my interest most is the acting and character development of the main cast members.

In fact, I think the fact that Fear The Walking Dead has lacked good character development is why I gave up on the Walking Dead spinoff.

I continue to watch TWD in spite of the flaws and occasional bad episodes because I care about the characters and want to see what happens next.

#358 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,263 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Game of Thrones is really well done. It also has very good source material to draw from.

#359 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lame, really?  Seems like a pretty brilliant way to build anticipation for the next season's premiere(and I think that premiere was the highest rated episode of the entire series, right?). 

A show like this isn't supposed to give you resolution, or satisfaction.  It's ongoing use of uneasiness, frustration, and anticipation are the formula that successful shows have used for decades.  People decried Lost for the same reasons, and the Sopranos, etc.  Yet those shows could hardly be considered unsuccessful, and are often listed as people's all-time favorites. 

I think I'm just getting series fatigue after 6, now 7 seasons.  Sopranos felt the same way.

#360 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I think I'm just getting series fatigue after 6, now 7 seasons. Sopranos felt the same way.

I give them credit for pushing a story about the world being overrun by Zombies as far as it could possibly go. With no interest or likelihood of finding a cure for the Zombie outbreak, it's a pretty hopeless premise.

Unless they make major changes with the main characters and possibly break away from the Comics storyline, I don't see how the show lasts many more seasons

I often wonder why they continue to follow Rick after his many bad decisions. In reality, the core group would've broken into several smaller groups by now

Edited by soulflower, 30 March 2017 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users