367 replies to this topic

#361 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Well, the finale was IMO one of the very best episodes of the entire series.  Everything about it.  Intense.  Perfect.  And, for those who don't like hard cliffhangers, this was less of a cliffhanger and more of an ominous cloud of what is to come.  Shiva is one bad-arse tiger :D 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#362 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

I enjoyed the episode

Once I heard the Donny Hathaway song Sasha was listening to, I knew she was going to take that poison pill

(Hathaway committed suicide)

The scenes with Abraham were great and it was also great to see Carol back in action

Edited by soulflower, 03 April 2017 - 08:49 AM.

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#363 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, loved the scenes with Abraham and Sasha.  Quiet poetic in fact. 

I should have figured the Scavengers were up to no good, they are bad people in the comics I think.  The amount of arse-kickery was satisfying, and to seen Negan and the Saviors have to run off with their tails between their legs(and Negan's middle finger up), was awesome.  I really loved the scene when you see Rick shed a tear, after believing Michonne was killed, and you think, oh no, Rick's giving up again, but then he just goes into full rage mode, drooling while he talks, you could just feel his rage right through the screen.  Then Shiva.  And my wife and I high-fiving each other :)

When did Gregory take off?  I don't recall them showing that? 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#364 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,417 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, loved the scenes with Abraham and Sasha. Quiet poetic in fact.

I should have figured the Scavengers were up to no good, they are bad people in the comics I think. The amount of arse-kickery was satisfying, and to seen Negan and the Saviors have to run off with their tails between their legs(and Negan's middle finger up), was awesome. I really loved the scene when you see Rick shed a tear, after believing Michonne was killed, and you think, oh no, Rick's giving up again, but then he just goes into full rage mode, drooling while he talks, you could just feel his rage right through the screen. Then Shiva. And my wife and I high-fiving each other :)

When did Gregory take off? I don't recall them showing that?

Due to time constraints (commercial breaks), I think they packed as much as they could into that episode but also cut a few corners.

Seems like they leave a ton of scenes on the cutting room floor
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#365 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

I thought it was a messy finale.

The first half of the episode was very good.

The battle scenes toward the end were terrible. Very amateurish. And anything with the King is cringeworthy. 

It was still a very good season, maybe the best or second best, which is impressive after the premier divided so many people and had people wondering if the show had any momentum left in it.

Edited by Pickle20, 03 April 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#366 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I did not like the flash back scenes with Abraham and Sasha. They made the show drag on.

#367 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:14 AM

Well, the finale was IMO one of the very best episodes of the entire series.  Everything about it.  Intense.  Perfect.  And, for those who don't like hard cliffhangers, this was less of a cliffhanger and more of an ominous cloud of what is to come.  Shiva is one bad-arse tiger :D

Yeah this cliffhanger was nothing like last season's.  Good episode, but I'm dreading another season. 

The tiger is my favorite character now.

#368 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,468 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

Yeah this cliffhanger was nothing like last season's.  Good episode, but I'm dreading another season. 

The tiger is my favorite character now.

Well, next season, depending on how long they drag out the war, is going to be action packed.  After the war is over( I suspect at the end of the season ) then the story gets very psychological and interesting in some weird ways from what I've read in the comic synopsis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users