342 replies to this topic

#21 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Great show!

If you have Comcast cable, you can watch the current and previous week's episodes anytime...

This season is only 6 episodes. AMC has annouced that the second season will be 13 episodes...
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#22 Caseyspal

Caseyspal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

LAST NIGHT THEY REBROADCAST THE 1ST 2 EPISODES AND SHOWED THE NE 3RD EPISODE. i watvhd all hours and thought it was pretty good. They should have explained wht happened to create their "World' though. Having the cop come out o a coma wih no espalpnation about what happened while he was unconscious left a big hole in the story.

#23 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

LAST NIGHT THEY REBROADCAST THE 1ST 2 EPISODES AND SHOWED THE NE 3RD EPISODE. i watvhd all hours and thought it was pretty good. They should have explained wht happened to create their "World' though. Having the cop come out o a coma wih no espalpnation about what happened while he was unconscious left a big hole in the story.

There are 3 more episodes to go. Plenty of time to fill in the backstory

#24 barrysanders20

barrysanders20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

The graphic novels the show is based on never explains what caused the zombie outbreak. The show is relying on the graphic novel in several ways. Specifically, dialogue and the framing of the scenes. Yes, it's bad storytelling to not explain what happened, but the graphic novel writer is heavily involved in the show.

#25 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

Just got around to watching episode 3 and thought it was pretty good. I don't think the show is amazing by any means, but I am a sucker for horror so I watch it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

I think it is good. DVR'd last nights episode. I do think they are doing a good job with the characters so far. Im not really upset about not knowing why there are zombies.

Telling you why would be like LOST telling you why the plan crashed in the first 3 episodes :)

And absolutely love the makeup.
I'm a Legend in Japan

#27 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

I just watched this past Sundays episode and wasn't too impressed. Let's hope the finale next week is good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

I thought every episode so far has been very good. GF was actually crying lol. I think it has had pretty good character development so far.

The Asian guy I can't remember his name still reminds me of an older "Dr. Jones" from Indiana Jones. :)
I'm a Legend in Japan

#29 thehats

thehats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I think it is good. DVR'd last nights episode. I do think they are doing a good job with the characters so far. Im not really upset about not knowing why there are zombies.

Telling you why would be like LOST telling you why the plan crashed in the first 3 episodes :)

And absolutely love the makeup.

in the graphic novels, they discover that anyone who dies with their brain intact, by whatever means, comes back as a zombie. they never explain why (and this is like 7 volumes in so far). but that would certainly explain why the world was overrun so fast. if it was viral, like in World War Z or most recent zombie flicks, then it can be contained. but if it's paranormal like that, there's no escaping it.

#30 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Pretty good show.

Episode 4 has been the weakest episode so far.

#31 baltkid13

baltkid13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

GREAT show! It's hard to believe I'm not watching a major motion picture. The cinematography is outstanding and Norman Reedus' character is awesome. How he can make a racist seem "likeable" is beyond me. The question is what would all do during a zombie apocalypse? There has to be a "best practices" or " Golden Rule " for survival. Anyone familiar with the Zombie Survival Guide? Good stuff in there!

#32 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

Looks like Season finale set cable records.

http://tv.msn.com/tv...15422&gt1=28103

And I must say I like Daryl. Sure he is a hillbilly but he is pretty witty and cracks me up. Like when the doctor said something about the doors being indestructible and he comments "but not your head"
I'm a Legend in Japan

#33 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Excellent show!

I think it's good that we don't know what caused the outbreak, adds to the mystery. People need to get over being need to have everything served up to them on a silver platter and use their imaginations, excercise their minds...

AMC has some terrific shows on it.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#34 Jake the snake

Jake the snake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

I just watched the finale and thought it was good. It tied things together nicely and opened things up for an interesting season 2.

Man that sure was an explosion of the CBC building. Boom!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

So is the girl prego with the other cops kid? Is that the secret the doctor told him into his ear since he did a blood test on them all?
I'm a Legend in Japan

#36 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

So is the girl prego with the other cops kid? Is that the secret the doctor told him into his ear since he did a blood test on them all?

I believe the doctor could have noticed that Rick's wife is preggo when he gave her a blood test. Howvever, I don't think he would have been able to determine who the biological father is.

Either way, its obvious that there will be a major confrontation between Rick and Shane in season 2...

#37 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

I believe the doctor could have noticed that Rick's wife is preggo when he gave her a blood test. Howvever, I don't think he would have been able to determine who the biological father is.

Either way, its obvious that there will be a major confrontation between Rick and Shane in season 2...

I agree. But if she is prego you know that is going to be the question. Who is the dad. Is it from humping in the woods or humping in the tent :)
I'm a Legend in Japan

#38 TheJoKeR!

TheJoKeR!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

What a great show. I am somewhat biased since I've read the comic book and loved it. I loved the things they changed. I wish this first season was longer than 6 episodes.

I'm not sure what he whispered to Rick. What you guys are saying makes sense, but maybe it is something totally different to throw us all off.

#39 DrunkRichard

DrunkRichard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

Great show - I think the whisper is just device for later use. The writer can go several ways with it.

#40 spojack895

spojack895

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Vampire (the Superman genre) and Zombie (reality film about the typical tv watchers) are beginning to die out. They die out as the audience starts to reach 13.

Well, here we are, going into the THIRD season of this zombie series, and the only dead thing about it is the zombies!
Overall, one of the best television series I have seen in a LONG time. The actors and actresses work well together, and their characters have developed relationships that are more than believable. AMC has done George Romero PROUD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users