Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrsT

Does it matter which newscaster reads a story?

30 posts in this topic

Why do the newscasters get flustered if they start reading the other anchor's story :confused:

It's just a story...the next half-hour, they alternate stories anyway. It happened this morning with Stan and Mindy, but I've seen other newscasts where the same thing happens.

I like newscasters more when they're human. My favorite was Tony Harris when he was on Fox 45.

He never took himself to seriously.

I like newscasters more when they're human. My favorite was Tony Harris when he was on Fox 45.

Jerry Turner - Awhile ago....

1 person likes this

Why do the newscasters get flustered if they start reading the other anchor's story :confused:

It's just a story...the next half-hour, they alternate stories anyway. It happened this morning with Stan and Mindy, but I've seen other newscasts where the same thing happens.

Face time on TV................

maybe it messes up their timing...agreed I like em more when they dont take themselves to seriuosly

a while back....when they stepped on each other...it was hi-freakin-larious.

They are reading news...not making it FCOL

No, it doesn't matter one bit. And, I'm glad you put it so correctly----- READING THE NEWS, for that's all they do, all of them, all anchors. I guess the sheeple care hence we have the ridiculous salaries and concerns over who are the network anchors ie Katie Couric- as if these people have any real importance.

No, it doesn't matter one bit. And, I'm glad you put it so correctly----- READING THE NEWS, for that's all they do, all of them, all anchors. I guess the sheeple care hence we have the ridiculous salaries and concerns over who are the network anchors ie Katie Couric- as if these people have any real importance.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt if they're HOT!;)

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt if they're HOT!;)

No, sure doesn't, they just shouldn't insult our intelligence by tryiing to say they matter or are important-- anyone personable, photogenic and likeable who can read out aloud will do.

No it doesn't. And that is a perfect description of them - from Katie on down to the guy own channel 2 - news reader.

a while back....when they stepped on each other...it was hi-freakin-larious.

They are reading news...not making it FCOL

I wish I had seen that! :D I cannot stand Sally "if you're just getting in, welcome home" Thorner. Does she still say that crap? I can't stand looking at her or hearing her voice. She makes these stupid faces.

Another one is Don (forgot his last name) Marty's sidekick...or is it the other way around? He makes these stupid faces too and tries to act like the news is a personal issue to him. Just read the report!..... Or should I just say, read the information put in front of you that was highly altered from the facts.

No it doesn't. And that is a perfect description of them - from Katie on down to the guy own channel 2 - news reader.

Sorry, but I never considered Katie to be hot. Likable? Yes! Hot? No!

Really...they stop and stutter and stammer..."Oh, that's you" and other silliness. Yesterday, Stan read one line of a story, stopped abruptly, and Mindy picked it up. It serves no purpose :rolleyes:

That's the acting part of thier job. The other actor/newscaster has steped on thier lines. That's bad theater. In fact advertizers will get upset if the weatherman doesn't make the threat :eek: of the inch of snow seem dire :eek: enough to make the milk and tiolet paper fly off thier shelves. ;)

Jerry Turner - Awhile ago....
Lets not forget his sidekick Al Sanders. They just don't make news anchors like those two anymore. They were a great team. I think it was an act of kindness that God didn't allow these great newsmen to survive to see the Bush administraition. If they did I can see Jerry Turner saying, I'm not going to read this crap. Apparently the White House thinks our viewers are stupid. I just can't insult thier intelligence with this mindless drivel. So let go back to Al Sanders. ;):D :rwb:

Movies featuring animation are doing really well financially for the studios. One reason is that they don't have to pay real people to do anything but provide voices for the characters. At some point, networks will realize they don't need anybody to read the news to us on screen at all. Look for a network to figure that out in the next few years. News broadcasts will be nothing more than voiced over power point presentations. Think radio with pictures and text. Maybe some animation. You heard it here first.

I liked Tony Harris too. But have you seen him on CNN?

They have too much makeup on him, it almost makes him look like a corpse.

This is a mighty old topic...I almost thought somebody hacked into my computer :D

Jennifer Gilbert matters.

I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world

Life in plastic, it's fantastic!

How about the blond hair guy on 45 news at 10. Jeff something? Is it just me or is he awful? Everything he reports on is so "cutesy". I can't watch for more than a few minutes but then again I don't really watch news that much.

Just give me reruns of family guy on tbs please. I don't need no stinking news. Thanks.