Baltimatt

Fixed it for you

231 posts in this topic

Guido--

It's in a PM thread entitled Picture/avatar on profile.  Talk Admin responded 20 December.  You replied on 27 December.

Well OK ....Admin did respond.....but just passed the problem on (see below)....so I still haven't gotten a response with a solution from the Admin or the TalkForums admin. Got any ideas? Thx as always for your help

This is what the Admin sent.

Sent 20 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

We have a report in about this, but I haven't heard anything from TalkForums' end. I'll try to expedite the process.

Well OK ....Admin did respond.....but just passed the problem on (see below)....so I still haven't gotten a response with a solution from the Admin or the TalkForums admin. Got any ideas? Thx as always for your help

This is what the Admin sent.

Sent 20 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

We have a report in about this, but I haven't heard anything from TalkForums' end. I'll try to expedite the process.

Respond and ask if there has been any resolution.

Respond and ask if there has been any resolution.

Good idea...thanks.

BTW...I contacted Judgement....since he seems to be able to change avatars at will.

He made some suggestions...which I tried....and were similar to what I had done......still 'fur balls'.

I got a feeling my code is corrupted slightly....since my last change of avatar.

Thanks for getting back to me....have a good one.

Good idea...thanks.

BTW...I contacted Judgement....since he seems to be able to change avatars at will.

He made some suggestions...which I tried....and were similar to what I had done......still 'fur balls'.

I got a feeling my code is corrupted slightly....since my last change of avatar.

Thanks for getting back to me....have a good one.

You too.  I think you mean TheResearcher,  I don't  think TheJudgement has an avatar.

You too. I think you mean TheResearcher, I don't think TheJudgement has an avatar.

Nope

You too.  I think you mean TheResearcher,  I don't  think TheJudgement has an avatar.

Nope

OOOpppssss.....Judge....but didn't you have one ...not to far back? If so did you run into the same problem I am trying to resolve... just fact gathering.....part of my 30 years of IT support kicking in I guess. :D

Thx

OOOpppssss.....Judge....but didn't you have one ...not to far back? If so did you run into the same problem I am trying to resolve... just fact gathering.....part of my 30 years of IT support kicking in I guess. :D

Thx

No never had one

No never had one

Yes my stupidity.....for some reason I crossed you and TheResearcher up.

Anyway....as you can see...it is fixed.

Thanks for your patience

Yes my stupidity.....for some reason I crossed you and TheResearcher up.

Anyway....as you can see...it is fixed.

Thanks for your patience

Just saw this thread. I am having the same problem.  I just went on my profile and right clicked "change photo" then scrolled to view page. Clicked read as html and that allowed me to backspace and remove wrong "change photo address" that apparently is the problem.  I still was not able to load a photo from my computer, but was able to import a pic from online using the on line URL.

Still messing around with it.

Just saw this thread. I am having the same problem.  I just went on my profile and right clicked "change photo" then scrolled to view page. Clicked read as html and that allowed me to backspace and remove wrong "change photo address" that apparently is the problem.  I still was not able to load a photo from my computer, but was able to import a pic from online using the on line URL.

Still messing around with it.

Screwy isn't it. I don't know if this information will help.

After things wouldn't work for the new pic I was trying to put in , I tried using the old 'flaming vader' pic I used before from the my computer.... which I had done before (origionally)...that failed....so I located the same pic on the net...and tried the URL import...that failed also.

However Researcher sent me a pic (the one you see now) and it worked just fine.

I think the bottom lines is the site is flaky....and I have heard that from several other posters that attempted to make the change.

However....judging...it looks like you got the new pic in after all? If so what did you do? For future referance.

Have a good one....me I am warming up the snow blower. :mad::D

Screwy isn't it. I don't know if this information will help.

After things wouldn't work for the new pic I was trying to put in , I tried using the old 'flaming vader' pic I used before from the my computer.... which I had done before (origionally)...that failed....so I located the same pic on the net...and tried the URL import...that failed also.

However Researcher sent me a pic (the one you see now) and it worked just fine.

I think the bottom lines is the site is flaky....and I have heard that from several other posters that attempted to make the change.

However....judging...it looks like you got the new pic in after all? If so what did you do? For future referance.

Have a good one....me I am warming up the snow blower. :mad::D

I just went on my profile and right clicked "change photo" then scrolled down to "view page". Clicked "read as html" and that allowed me to backspace and remove wrong "change photo address" that apparently is the problem.  I still was not able to load a photo from my computer, but was able to import a pic from online using the on line URL.

I just went on my profile and right clicked "change photo" then scrolled down to "view page". Clicked "read as html" and that allowed me to backspace and remove wrong "change photo address" that apparently is the problem.  I still was not able to load a photo from my computer, but was able to import a pic from online using the on line URL.

Thanks for the information. I am not planning to change my avatar.... I went through too much pain. :mellow: the last time.

I guess we can't complain....this forum is free :D

Thanks for the information. I am not planning to change my avatar.... I went through too much pain. :mellow: the last time.

I guess we can't complain....this forum is free :D

Free?  I calculate I've aged 25 years in my 17 years here.

Anyone having an issue where text doesn't auto-wrap when typing up a post?

Anyone having an issue where text doesn't auto-wrap when typing up a post?

I did....not all the time....only when I went and used the 'more reply options' and the extended posting editor. That was a few days back. I don't use it often.

That being said...I didn't have that problem say about a month or two ago.

Which may tie into my next posts..... read on.

I am suddenly having a problem with Explorer 11 on these threads. When I hit quote and get to the reply the screen the post doesn't show up. It has always worked fine. But MS was bugging me to install an updated version of Silverlight...which I finally did...now I have this issue.

BTW I switched over to Firefox...which I am using now with no problems.

Thoughts and thanks!

I am suddenly having a problem with Explorer 11 on these threads. When I hit quote and get to the reply the screen the post doesn't show up. It has always worked fine. But MS was bugging me to install an updated version of Silverlight...which I finally did...now I have this issue.

BTW I switched over to Firefox...which I am using now with no problems.

Thoughts and thanks!

Older versions of explorer have that issue I use chrome now for this when not on a phone!

Older versions of explorer have that issue I use chrome now for this when not on a phone!

Thanks for the reply.

But Chrome is Googles new version of search engine. It is not the actual web engine (EX 11 or Firefox) to get connected in the first place.

So if I am actually already in the SunSpot pages....google should not be a factor...since in theory the google/chrome thing should not be a factor. But now a days....who know....a massive conspiracy to force us to use MSM :D

I spent many years in IT...this stuff is like a rats maze anymore. It is almost like they are making thing harder instead of easier. When was the last time you got a MANUAL ...all I got was a 'quick start' and a have a nice day :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  with a recently purchased 2 in 1 Dell flip pad.

So I am still using my old Win 7 laptop...while I try to unravel the mysteries of Win 10 and the Dell bastardization of same. Ohhhhh and don't get me started on Android cell phones. :D:angry:

Edited by Guido2

Thanks for the reply.

But Chrome is Googles new version of search engine. It is not the actual web engine (EX 11 or Firefox) to get connected in the first place.

So if I am actually already in the SunSpot pages....google should not be a factor...since in theory the google/chrome thing should not be a factor. But now a days....who know....a massive conspiracy to force us to use MSM :D

I spent many years in IT...this stuff is like a rats maze anymore. It is almost like they are making thing harder instead of easier. When was the last time you got a MANUAL ...all I got was a 'quick start' and a have a nice day :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  with a recently purchased 2 in 1 Dell flip pad.

So I am still using my old Win 7 laptop...while I try to unravel the mysteries of Win 10 and the Dell bastardization of same. Ohhhhh and don't get me started on Android cell phones. :D:angry:

I use Chrome just as i used to use Explorer.

Work and Mr

So you are using Chrome and you are not having issues using quote?

Now here is the thing..... I used Explorer 11  on the forums now for over a year....and had no issues quoting...about 3 weeks ago...I made the fatal mistake of installing patches from MS for it... and now if I push the quote button....nothing....no quote.

Hmmm maybe I should roll back the patches or move to Chrome. Which I never liked.

Firefox is my primary now.....but now ...again after an upgrade/patch/fix :rolleyes:  Now it is giving me fits because it is now causing my laptop (win 7) to crash at random with a bug check referencing video.

Seems I can't escape it..... I retired from IT...and hoped to get away from this 'stuff'.....guess there is no rest for the wicked. :D

Work and Mr

So you are using Chrome and you are not having issues using quote?

Now here is the thing..... I used Explorer 11  on the forums now for over a year....and had no issues quoting...about 3 weeks ago...I made the fatal mistake of installing patches from MS for it... and now if I push the quote button....nothing....no quote.

Hmmm maybe I should roll back the patches or move to Chrome. Which I never liked.

Firefox is my primary now.....but now ...again after an upgrade/patch/fix :rolleyes:  Now it is giving me fits because it is now causing my laptop (win 7) to crash at random with a bug check referencing video.

Seems I can't escape it..... I retired from IT...and hoped to get away from this 'stuff'.....guess there is no rest for the wicked. :D

my laptop is also win 7 - haven't had any problems (knock wood  :D ) using Chrome

my laptop is also win 7 - haven't had any problems (knock wood  :D ) using Chrome

Thanks.

I guess what I just don't get... using win 7 & Explorer 11 (not chrome)... like forever... I never had a problem quoting.

As I said... I think I will roll back the updates for 11.

Yah I guess I could go back to Chrome...I never liked it... and went back to 11.

I just bought a Dell 2 in 1 pad/flip pad.. has windows 10 touch screen and its recommended new browser 'Edge' is a trip to figure out. Exp. 11 is available...but it was buried.

I thought when I quit IT and retired I wouldn't be dealing with this stuff so intensely.

Guess you never 'escape the beast' :D 

Thanks to all for your input.....if you have anymore thoughts... I'd appreciate hearing them.

Happy Easter! :)

Thanks.

I guess what I just don't get... using win 7 & Explorer 11 (not chrome)... like forever... I never had a problem quoting.

As I said... I think I will roll back the updates for 11.

Yah I guess I could go back to Chrome...I never liked it... and went back to 11.

I just bought a Dell 2 in 1 pad/flip pad.. has windows 10 touch screen and its recommended new browser 'Edge' is a trip to figure out. Exp. 11 is available...but it was buried.

I thought when I quit IT and retired I wouldn't be dealing with this stuff so intensely.

Guess you never 'escape the beast' :D

Thanks to all for your input.....if you have anymore thoughts... I'd appreciate hearing them.

Happy Easter! :)

Six month old Lenovo here with Win10. Had been using Chrome with a Dell LT that fried 2 mother boards both within a year of being new. Dell fixed first time under warranty and instructed me to contact there "No warranty" department the second time.  Never again.  Anyway... Edge seemed slower than my old Chrome so I went back to Chrome with no issues.

Six month old Lenovo here with Win10. Had been using Chrome with a Dell LT that fried 2 mother boards both within a year of being new. Dell fixed first time under warranty and instructed me to contact there "No warranty" department the second time.  Never again.  Anyway... Edge seemed slower than my old Chrome so I went back to Chrome with no issues.

Fried two boards and under a year.... and they are going to charge for a second board replacement IN UNDER A YEAR! Guess I had better check my warranty. So what is BIG Business' game now. Instead of months it is the number and type of fixes... that sxcks. I guess I am safe in assuming that it was cheaper to buy a new one than fix the Dell.

Knock wood my wife and I have two similar Toshiba's for over 5 years each....until I had this driver issue that crashes my system from time to time .... knock wood...they have been very dependable.

You found Chrome faster....I always found it slower. Just goes to show there is some grain of truth to some code is optimized better for certain processors and certain machines.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to me .... hope you had a good Easter