• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 workerbee

workerbee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,396 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Right, lay it on with your usual attacks pepper. It's all about me after all, right?
No it isn't. It merely notes that his claim is incorrect. Many other explanations could exist.

Usual Attacks??? Pepper??? LOL
TERM LIMITS NOW!

#22 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Right, lay it on with your usual attacks pepper. It's all about me after all, right?
No it isn't. It merely notes that his claim is incorrect. Many other explanations could exist.

Yea, Cal, it's all about you...lol again. An incorrect claim is easily rebutted. Yet you imply that you simply can't resond "in kind". What? You can't just say the claim is incorrect? If I get into it with someone, and they make a point, Falsley flaming implies an intentional lie, not a simple error.

#23 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,475 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

Yea, Cal, it's all about you...lol again. An incorrect claim is easily rebutted. Yet you imply that you simply can't resond "in kind". What? You can't just say the claim is incorrect? If I get into it with someone, and they make a point, Falsley flaming implies an intentional lie, not a simple error.

No it doesn't. Those are your words, not mine. And of those, I certainly wouldn't take credit for the spelling.

Any comment on the topic?
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#24 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

I wouldnt get in the line of fire if I was you!:P

#25 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Eh..Cal and I get into it sometimes (all the time) and I admit he/she brings out the worst in me. I enjoy spirited debate, but I don't like Cals style, which seems engineered to cause acrimony. Theres no give and take, no conceding points, and no respect for the other poster, especially in disagreement.

And thats cool even if I don't like doing it that way. I still like Cal and I enjoy our back and forths.

(please don't tell Cal I enjoy our arguments)

#26 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

Eh..Cal and I get into it sometimes (all the time) and I admit he/she brings out the worst in me. I enjoy spirited debate, but I don't like Cals style, which seems engineered to cause acrimony. Theres no give and take, no conceding points, and no respect for the other poster, especially in disagreement.

And thats cool even if I don't like doing it that way. I still like Cal and I enjoy our back and forths.

(please don't tell Cal I enjoy our arguments)

I like you as a poster, for whatever that is worth.:)

#27 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

No it doesn't. Those are your words, not mine. And of those, I certainly wouldn't take credit for the spelling.

Any comment on the topic?

Of course they're my words. It's what I think. Any member is free to judge our words and put them in the context they see fit. As for the spelling, unless you are having a difficult time understanding the point being made, thats an old cheap shot. It tells me that the person pointing out the errors is running out of valid arguments.

Comment on the topic? I agree with Matt, in that posters shouldn't modify others comments. Respond and disagree, yes. "fix" a previously posted comment? no.

#28 bruceri

bruceri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,252 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

It would appear some people take this much more seriously than I do.

#29 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

I wouldnt get in the line of fire if I was you!:P

Speaking of that...for my birthday, my dad, brother, and sister got me range time with an HK MP5, and 250 rounds.

#30 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

I like you as a poster, for whatever that is worth.:)

That and 1.00 will get me a Coke out of the machine, Kev. In other words, it's not worth spit.

I kid! :) Thanks for the kind words.

#31 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

That's what the Vet said when I took the cat for a visit a few weeks ago. :cool:
If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#32 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Speaking of that...for my birthday, my dad, brother, and sister got me range time with an HK MP5, and 250 rounds.

does your shoulder hurt?

#33 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

That's what the Vet said when I took the cat for a visit a few weeks ago. :cool:

and he was talking to you, not the cat, I'm sure.
meowery!

#34 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

does your shoulder hurt?

Have not done it yet. I've got a gift certificate. I've fired the hand cannons, but my favorite (gift from dad) is my 22 cal Ruger MK2, because I like to shoot targets without thinking of the kick.

That said, the MP5 fires a 9mm round, so it's bound to have some kick and make some noise. It's an opporotunity I look forward to.

#35 Kevin

Kevin

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 50,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

Have not done it yet. I've got a gift certificate. I've fired the hand cannons, but my favorite (gift from dad) is my 22 cal Ruger MK2, because I like to shoot targets without thinking of the kick.

That said, the MP5 fires a 9mm round, so it's bound to have some kick and make some noise. It's an opporotunity I look forward to.

last time I went shooting like that is was skeet shooting with a 20 guage. that's why I asked you about the shoulder thing, cause mine sure hurt after skeet shooting! I'm guessing a mp5 is a pistol, not knowing.

#36 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

and he was talking to you, not the cat, I'm sure.
meowery!

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#37 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

Well, fortunately for you, you can falsely flame me like that and I can't respond in kind. So enjoy the opportunity.

Poor, poor pitiful you. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#38 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

Test sat.

They actually do delete "Fixed it for you" posts. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#39 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Translation of the above thread
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#40 Pianoman2K2

Pianoman2K2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

no, it's not, it's annoying and I dont do it for that reason. some have to be told, I guess.

Don't you mean:

No, it's not. It's annoying and I don't do it for that reason. Some have to be told, I guess.

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set." --Chinese writer Lin Yutang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users