Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ETP

New Football Head Coach Openings?

550 posts in this topic

Head Varsity Football Coach

St. Vincent Pallotti High School is accepting applications for the position of Head Varsity Football Coach. The Panthers play in the very competitive B conference of the MIAA. The successful candidate must have at least five years of high school coaching experience. Please forward a letter of introduction, a resume that includes coaching and work experience as well as educational background, to Mr. Steve E. Walker, CAA, at swalker@pallottihs.org>. Application deadline is December 31, 2010.

Head Varsity Football Coach

St. Vincent Pallotti High School is accepting applications for the position of Head Varsity Football Coach. The Panthers play in the very competitive B conference of the MIAA. The successful candidate must have at least five years of high school coaching experience. Please forward a letter of introduction, a resume that includes coaching and work experience as well as educational background, to Mr. Steve E. Walker, CAA, at swalker@pallottihs.org>. Application deadline is December 31, 2010.

Dont they play in the C in football?

Damian Ferragamo is the latest member of the growing club of Anne Arundel County football coaches to announce his resignation.

AP VIDEO more>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Mill athletic director confirmed this morning that Ferragamo met with his players Tuesday to let them know they’ll have a new coach next year.

Ferragamo, who led the Patriots to the Class 4A state title in 2009, resigned after a five-year stint and a 47-12 record that included a postseason berth in every season.

A year after becoming the third Anne Arundel County team to win a state title — and first since North County did it in 1994 — Old Mill entered the Class 4A East Region playoffs as the No. 1 seed. But Broadneck avenged a 31-7, Week 10 victory to dethrone the Patriots en route to the state semifinal.

Behind Ferragamo and three Division I running backs – Michigan’s Josh Furman, Morgan State’s Jason Clements and Liberty’s Randy Spann – Old Mill knocked off Arundel with a 58-55, double-overtime victory in the East Region final last year.

The Patriots defeated the defending champion, Sherwood, in the state semifinal before edging Henry A. Wise, 17-16, for the title.

A player under current Arundel coach Chuck Markiewicz at North County, Ferragamo led Old Mill to a 9-3 record and a trip the East Region final during his first season in 2006. The Patriots went 8-3 in 2007, but won at least nine games in each of the last three years – topping out at 12 in 2009.

Ferragamo is the fifth football coach to resign since the season’s end, joining St. Mary’s Brad Best, Chesapeake’s Merlin Means, South River’s Steve Erxleben and Broadneck’s Jeff Herrick.

Dont they play in the C in football?

Pallotti is moving up to the B Conference with AACS

Good for AACS, they've done an amazing job building that program

Anyone moving up from B or down from B? Or are they just making the B bigger?

Will Mt.Carmel be officially in the C conference ?

Yes from my understanding

Will Mt.Carmel be officially in the C conference ?

In the B will Curley, Boys Latin, St. Pauls, John Carroll, St. Marys, AACS, and Pallotti

In the C will Severn, St. Frances, St. Johns Catholic, Mount Carmel, Friends, and Baltimore Lutheran

I wonder who is going to put in for the Pallotti job?::D I know of a DC in the A conference that would want it.

I have 2 quick questions here:

Why the quote from 353 about the Maniacs team? Not sure how that ties in with your statement.

Also why would a DC at an A school want to roll out for a C or now B school?

I have 2 quick questions here:

Why the quote from 353 about the Maniacs team? Not sure how that ties in with your statement.

Also why would a DC at an A school want to roll out for a C or now B school?

It was directed to the person that posted it. They would want to because they have a desire to be a head coach and it is his alma mater

It was directed to the person that posted it. They would want to because they have a desire to be a head coach and it is his alma mater

I see...thanks

Seems they would be a shoe-in then. Coming from the A league and being an Alum.

Prediction... Mt Carmel will need a new head coach sometime this spring.

The way he's been recruiting cant see him leaving anytime soon...

If Parkville does lose their D- Cordinator, that's gonna be a major blow that I don't think they can recover from in 1 season. He has been holding their program together for years now.

If Parkville does lose their D- Cordinator, that's gonna be a major blow that I don't think they can recover from in 1 season. He has been holding their program together for years now.

100% Correct

Interested to see where he lands?

I dont think anyone would want that job until Riley is totally hands off.

I heard EJ and Erin Henderson's dad was interested in the job the first time it was open

It doesn't matter who coaches Aberdeen next year. The players were so beaten down by the coaching staff that most of them quit and have no desire to play football again. They probably will not be a threat to any other team because of the poor coaching that they have recieved. Aberdeen will have exceptional players returning that if coached right will have a shot at college scholarships.

WHy can't they tell Riley to go away? Not one person has positive things to say about the man.

And he was not the head coach, the head coach should have told him to walk if he was that bad of an influence.

It sounds like the kids quit on the coach and that the coach did nothing to endear himself to the players. Bad situation, but possible to get better with new coach.

I know that atleast two Baltimore County coaches have expressed intrerest in ththe job.

WHy can't they tell Riley to go away? Not one person has positive things to say about the man.

And he was not the head coach, the head coach should have told him to walk if he was that bad of an influence.

It sounds like the kids quit on the coach and that the coach did nothing to endear himself to the players. Bad situation, but possible to get better with new coach.

I know that atleast two Baltimore County coaches have expressed intrerest in ththe job.

Would one of the coaches be the HC at "The O"