Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ETP

New Football Head Coach Openings?

550 posts in this topic

I don't St Mary's has filled its vacancy yet

It's a shame. Brad Best is a good guy who got caught up in a s#%tstorm with some kid's big money/low-class, overbearing parents.

Chesapeake AA has a head coach opening.
both Chesapeake and Northeast should have hired one of the best coaches in rec ball when they had a chance, now I think both moved away to retire in other states, Simms from the Chargers in Pasadena was one of the best and Reina had championship teams for years with the Bucs organization. When these two teams Northeast and Chesapeake made their mistake was not hiring these guys and than these schools would have been successful for years. Ask any of their players and they would have stayed in the county instead of going to private schools.

sometimes the best candidates are right around the corner, all you have to do is ask the players and parents of the area.

The word now is that Patapsco has opened their head coach football position. Any thoughts?

both Chesapeake and Northeast should have hired one of the best coaches in rec ball when they had a chance, now I think both moved away to retire in other states, Simms from the Chargers in Pasadena was one of the best and Reina had championship teams for years with the Bucs organization. When these two teams Northeast and Chesapeake made their mistake was not hiring these guys and than these schools would have been successful for years. Ask any of their players and they would have stayed in the county instead of going to private schools.

sometimes the best candidates are right around the corner, all you have to do is ask the players and parents of the area.

In 2000 they hired Mike Cotham who took a team that was 0-30 and in the first year was 5-5 and the second was 6-4. Consistantly hovered around that mark. The kids are going to go to the private school no matter what. It is to hard for a school like Northeast to build back up when they have to play a all county schedule. Until they are able to schedule like 3 out of counties and play the bottom half of the county it will be a struggle.

I dont think anyone would want that job until Riley is totally hands off.

I heard EJ and Erin Henderson's dad was interested in the job the first time it was open

It doesn't matter who coaches Aberdeen next year. The players were so beaten down by the coaching staff that most of them quit and have no desire to play football again. They probably will not be a threat to any other team because of the poor coaching that they have recieved. Aberdeen will have exceptional players returning that if coached right will have a shot at college scholarships.

Who was the head coach there?

Not shocked to hear about the Woodlawn thing. I heard that issues were present even over the summer.

Add Woodlawn to the mix!

BRAB, say it aint so...I guess the fallout from Franklin leaving Maryland is reaching the High School level...I have a good thought who's coming in, if this is true BRAB.

This would be the second year that Woodlawn fired a coach because they thought that someone better might want the job. That really has hurt them as Agent had that program moving in the right direction and was poised for greaat things.

Again poor decisions by the administration.

There is a lot to be said for consistency.

No answers on the HC jobs for Loch Raven and Aberdeen

Interviews will start sometime in 1/2011

Who is actually pulling the trigger at Woodlawn. They are one who needs to be fired. Those seniors are going to be on their third coach during their tenure. That's a shame.

Can we get a Warren Cuomo rumor started. The return of the great one. He won when he was there and he is worshiped by former players. Catonsville would miss him but what a comeback. I bet you they win the division in a year.

It's no surprise. Just like in Maryland, once Franklin left Ralph was gone. Once bcps approved the coaching certification Payne was gone. Woodlawn can get who they wanted last year. This allows them to hire non teachers and they don't have to worry about him being a certified teacher anymore. Lets see, not a good move but its woodlawn.

The Liberty Road schools have some weak AD's, minimal parental participation and poor community support. This is how things like this continue to happen. No checks and balances.

It's no surprise. Just like in Maryland, once Franklin left Ralph was gone. Once bcps approved the coaching certification Payne was gone. Woodlawn can get who they wanted last year. This allows them to hire non teachers and they don't have to worry about him being a certified teacher anymore. Lets see, not a good move but its woodlawn.

Not true.... If Carpenter or Griffin were their choices last year, it wouldn’t have matter about the certification. Word on the street is someone had a background issue. Smart thing to do would be eat some crow, and re-hire Agent!

The Liberty Road schools have some weak AD's, minimal parental participation and poor community support. This is how things like this continue to happen. No checks and balances.

huh? parental pressure has played a major part in all of the changes at WHS. parental participation is there, just hasnt been positive. you threaders have to dig a little deeper than the surface dust. BTW - there is no interest by any of the previous mentioned coaches other than possibly agent.