• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

City is getting a little national attention to start the season, ranked no. 21 in USA Today.

http://www.highschoo...ll/Varsity/Boys

The link sends you to the football rankings and you have click on the basketball tab.

Edited by 85Knight, 25 November 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#2 golflover0311

golflover0311

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Ill be at the games this year and next...can I be dubbed an honorary Jedi? :)

We'll have to vote on it.

#3 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Of course I've been touting my Knights as the best team in the state for awhile now but the city league once again is loaded.

Everybody is looking at City and Patterson but I want to put two other schools on the radar this season. Forest Park and Poly. Forest Park might have the best frontcourt in the city and Poly (yes Poly) has got some ballers.

The basketball junkies like myself have to be looking forward to Bmore bball this year. There's so much bball talent in this area that it's crazy right now. Throw in the privates and I think Bmore area basketball is as exciting as any in the country.

#4 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

City holds on for a tough 64-61 win at McDonogh.

McDonogh made a fierce comeback from down 12 with a minute left but City made the plays it had to to come away with the win. I think this City team is gonna take some time to reach their potential because there are some new parts to work in and they have 2 key reserves not playing because of injuries. Even Faust is being held back a little after a tough summer on the AAU circuit. When he played though he was draining NBA 3's with ease. Mike Daniel still looks unnerved on the sideline though as he molds this team into shape. This is a different look for City though because under Daniel they've always had a big guy in the middle. This is a smaller team but they've got plenty of offense and play relentless defense.

With tough games coming up against St. Frances, John Carroll and teams from Pa, NC, and NJ this team is gonna have to come together quick. That's a tough schedule to start the season and then the real tough games start in the city league. This is gonna be a fun season.

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

City holds on for a tough 64-61 win at McDonogh.

McDonogh made a fierce comeback from down 12 with a minute left but City made the plays it had to to come away with the win. I think this City team is gonna take some time to reach their potential because there are some new parts to work in and they have 2 key reserves not playing because of injuries. Even Faust is being held back a little after a tough summer on the AAU circuit. When he played though he was draining NBA 3's with ease. Mike Daniel still looks unnerved on the sideline though as he molds this team into shape. This is a different look for City though because under Daniel they've always had a big guy in the middle. This is a smaller team but they've got plenty of offense and play relentless defense.

With tough games coming up against St. Frances, John Carroll and teams from Pa, NC, and NJ this team is gonna have to come together quick. That's a tough schedule to start the season and then the real tough games start in the city league. This is gonna be a fun season.

Wow that is very surprising! Especially since McDonogh just lost to AACS the other day.

#6 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Wow that is very surprising! Especially since McDonogh just lost to AACS the other day.

I thought McDonogh had 2 real good ballplayers that carried them. I give them and their fans some credit even though that wasn't a great effort from City.

I think this City team is gonna win ugly all year. But as they get healthy and start to gel they're gonna be a beast but this schedule is brutal. They even go to tournaments in NY and Pa. This team is gonna have to earn that USA Today ranking but they're a deep talented team.

#7 hoop326

hoop326

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

There is no way that AACS is actually good though, right?

#8 KLynch

KLynch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I don't know that much about AACS but Dino Gregory's brother who is at least 6' 8" transferred there.
www.SportsMaryland.com

MetroSports Weekly (Maryland's High School Sports Show) on SportsMaryland.com

#9 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

AACS is 4-2 with a 13 pt. loss to MSJ and a 9 pt. loss to John Carroll so I don't think they're that bad.

#10 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

AACS is 4-2 with a 13 pt. loss to MSJ and a 9 pt. loss to John Carroll so I don't think they're that bad.

No they are not that bad. They will make some noise this year. Locke for McDonogh is a baller. I just didn't think they would have the guard play to play with City.

#11 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

No they are not that bad. They will make some noise this year. Locke for McDonogh is a baller. I just didn't think they would have the guard play to play with City.

No. 9, the left handed guard had a good game. I thought he was a good player. No. 22 was hitting 3's off of screens like Lary Bird and the big fella battled with Tapper and Rasheed all game long.

I don't think McDonough is bad at all but keep in mind that this was their fifth game and it was City's first. I wasn't surprised that they played City tough at all. When City went up by 12 in the second half they battled back, with the help of some very questionable officiating but they definately played hard.

#12 El-Amin

El-Amin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

85, its all good..this is early december...light years in basketball from early March...unlike football, basketball is a marathon, not a sprint. City will be fine
"Time is the friend of the righteous and enemy of the wicked."

#13 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

I mentioned City's tough early schedule but it just got tougher because the St. Frances game got moved to St. Frances instead of being at Loyola. City now has 3 road games on consecutive days this week, Thurs.-Sat., John Carroll, Northwestern and then St. Frances.

I know Coach Daniel will play anyone anywhere but I think this might be a suicide mission. NBA teams don't even play 3 consecutive road games in 3 days. To top it off City plays Patterson after this gauntlet on Tues.

I'm not crying about it because it's what Daniel agreed to but when you get a 1 vs. 2 matchup you want it to be on equal terms. I've seen St. Frances this year and walking into their gym at anything less than full strength is gonna be tough not to mention that John Carroll has to be drooling for the return of Faust and Greene.

In Daniel we trust but if he pulls this off unscathed he will have taken this program to an even higher level but knowing him he is probably looking at these 4 games as an opportunity to strengthen his team for the rest of the season.

Edited by 85Knight, 14 December 2010 - 08:20 PM.

#14 BMORE79

BMORE79

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

I mentioned City's tough early schedule but it just got tougher because the St. Frances game got moved to St. Frances instead of being at Loyola. City now has 3 road games on consecutive days this week, Thurs.-Sat., John Carroll, Northwestern and then St. Frances.

I know Coach Daniel will play anyone anywhere but I think this might be a suicide mission. NBA teams don't even play 3 consecutive road games in 3 days. To top it off City plays Patterson after this gauntlet on Tues.

I'm not crying about it because it's what Daniel agreed to but when you get a 1 vs. 2 matchup you want it to be on equal terms. I've seen St. Frances this year and walking into their gym at anything less than full strength is gonna be tough not to mention that John Carroll has to be drooling for the return of Faust and Greene.

In Daniel we trust but if he pulls this off unscathed he will have taken this program to an even higher level but knowing him he is probably looking at these 4 games as an opportunity to strengthen his team for the rest of the season.

Sounds to me like your bracing for a loss - if they are the true #1, they need to win all three.

#15 Gryphon 7598

Gryphon 7598

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Sounds to me like your bracing for a loss - if they are the true #1, they need to win all three.

Just because you are the number 1 team ,it doesn't mean you will never lose in a season, Duke lose twice last year and when was the last time we had a basketball state champion who finish the season undefeated Lake clifton and there had about 5 game in that season that they a could have lost. Other then Lake name another undefeated team in the maryland area who went undefeated. It a feat that is rarely achieve due to any given reasons, injuries, cold shooting night, tough road game or the other team just outplayed you that night. The reality is if the black knights win a third straight state title regardless of there record the season will be a sucess. Repeating is tough . 3 peating is damn near impossible. A couple of loses don't make a champion . Titles makes a champion. Bmore79 come back to reality. What was the score of the boys and girls City game tonight.

#16 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

The ultimate goal is to be standing at mid-court at Comcast Center the 2nd Saturday in March being awarded the state championship trophy. Its a long season. Just enjoy the ride!!

#17 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Other then Lake name another undefeated team in the maryland area who went undefeated.

92 Dunbar
94 Milford Mill
97 Southwestern
02 Douglass-Baltimore
04 Friendly
05 Potomac
08 Snow Hill
09 Lake Clifton
09 Springbrook

#18 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Just because you are the number 1 team ,it doesn't mean you will never lose in a season, Duke lose twice last year and when was the last time we had a basketball state champion who finish the season undefeated Lake clifton and there had about 5 game in that season that they a could have lost. Other then Lake name another undefeated team in the maryland area who went undefeated. It a feat that is rarely achieve due to any given reasons, injuries, cold shooting night, tough road game or the other team just outplayed you that night. The reality is if the black knights win a third straight state title regardless of there record the season will be a sucess. Repeating is tough . 3 peating is damn near impossible. A couple of loses don't make a champion . Titles makes a champion. Bmore79 come back to reality. What was the score of the boys and girls City game tonight.

With City's schedule it would be amazing if they went undefeated. That being said it can be done and was just done 2 years ago by Lake. I do not think this City team is on the level of that Lake team but I very well think they will 3peat. But from what I have heard from people who have seen all of the Top teams play, Patterson looks to be the toughest right now. Long season. Hope Bmore can get at least 3 State Championships this year. I believe it can be done.

#19 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hope Bmore can get at least 3 State Championships this year.

They got 3 last year. I'm hoping for a clean sweep!!!

#20 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

They got 3 last year. I'm hoping for a clean sweep!!!

I think it might actually happened this year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users