Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zack80

Maryland 2011

168 posts in this topic

The best thing about the win is that we don't have to deal with those obnoxious Orange fans next weekend. If JHU had beaten DU, next weekend would have been HUGE! We still should get a sizable walkup with the turtles in, better than last year thats for sure.

The head of the stick is plastic and bendable. In this photo, the head is being bent on contact with the Syracuse player's hand or stick.

These still shots can be interesting. I always like the ones that show the shafts bending on contact like 45 degrees.

Holmes was nothing short of spectacular handling face offs winning 11 of 14 draws. Syracuse had no answer for him trying several different players to no avail. Holmes' success was critical to the Terps game plan of being able to control ball/tempo of game.

Tillman is a CLASS ACT. Immediately after the game, he heaped praise on his players and former Coach Cottle for laying the foundation of his current team which seems to be hitting on all cylinders at the right time.

GREAT JOB!! FEAR THE TURTLE!!

Congratulations TERPS! What a ride! Keep it going!! Seniors get to their Final Four! Agree about Tillman being a class guy, he has conducted himself in that manner from day one, big shoes to fill came with a large shadow. He acknowledged the past and has laid down a nice bridge for the future, this run will help in recruiting for years to come. Nice to see our AD at a lacrosse game! Don't get all the Syracuse fans whining about the stall, were they to run & gun with them? Terps controlled the ball which is the name of the game. Looking forward to my first Final Four should be a blast. The ACC represented very nicely with 3 teams and I firmly believe the non-seeding of the ACC Champs was a rallying factor for this team to come together and show everyone what they can do. Keep it going TERPS!!!

The Terps had a few recruits on the U-19 tryout list:

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=25483

Kevin Forster, La Salle College (Pa.), 2011

Joseph LoCascio, St. Anthony's High School (N.Y.), 2011

Bradlee Lord, Conestoga High School (Pa.), 2012

Charles Raffa, St. Anthony's High School (N.Y.), 2011

Eric Parnon, Darien High School (Conn.), 2011

"The tryouts will take place July 7-10, 2011, at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) in Catonsville, Md."

It looks like Mike Chanenchuk still plans on joining the Terps in the fall:

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/05/25/former-princeton-midfielder-mike-chanenchuk-attempting-join-maryland

It looks like a reduction of playing time opportunity for this season's freshmen:

McGuirre, Saylor, Haley, Bryant, and B.Cooper over the next two seasons. They already have the 4 top offensive recruits: Solomon, Forster, Carlson, and LoCascio coming in this fall to compete with.

I guess I don't feel that sorry for a guy like Chanenchuk who blew his chance at a school like Princeton, where as I do feel a little sorry about these guys who made UMd their first choice and came to the UMd with a dream. But winning is everything.

The addition of Chanenchuk would seem to make the move of Cummings to attack seem even more likely.

Without buying tickets which I already have, does anyone how how parking works at MT & T Stadium this weekend? One pass? First come first served? Can it be bought in advance? GO TERPS!

I can't really help you on that. I didn't go last year.

When I went maybe 6 years ago, I just shelled out the dough to park in one of the stadium lots. The lot wasn't that close, maybe nearer the baseball stadium. It is a pro sports area so there is lots of parking - but paying for it ain't too great.

Don't bring an umbrella - they don't let them in the stadium, and they will search any bags you bring. I don't believe you are allowed to bring food or drink into the stadium - concessions are pricey.

AWESOME! Both Men & Women's teams vying for Championship title!

Go Terps!!!

Great Win! On to the final on Monday against UVa. :)

And, Women's team plays today at 4PM vs the Wildcats! Will be on Comcrap and BigTen Network! Guaranteed to be a battle!

I have tix for Monday! wooooohooooo!:D

GO TERPS!!

This senior-laden team looks great! Great defense and goaltending, a great game plan and enough offense spelled a satisfying win over a rival ACC school. I'm hoping for a repeat on Monday.

This reminds me of the Terps football team in Fridge's first year- great senior leadership and an inspiring new coach made for a great year.

If they win, I believe it'll be the first title since the Frank Urso-led '75 team. I think Urso and Gary Gait have been the most dominant offensive players I've ever seen. That '75 Terps team had a great defense, too, IIRC. They needed it to beat a great Hopkins team that year.

Edit- I must have been thinking of the '73 team. The Terps beat Navy in '75.

Tough loss for the Terps today, but it was good to get back to the finals again. You've got to start getting to the finals, if you want to win a title.

Too many mistakes for the Terps today. I think the 2nd quarter was particularly poor, sort of reminded me of the first UNC game. Ah well.

I will really miss: Grant Catalino, Brett Schmidt, Ryan Young, Brian Farrell, Ryder Bohlander, Max Schmidt, Dan Burns, Travis Reed, Scott LaRue and the other seniors. They have been entertaining to watch, and lead a good run in the tournament.

In the end 9-7 is lot easier to deal with, than those mind numbing blow-outs by Princeton in 1997 and 1998.

They just didn't play too well.

Speaking of Princeton- Tierney taking Denver to the FF speaks to his recruiting and coaching skills. Haven't heard too much of the Tigers since he left.