Photo
- - - - -

Maryland 2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
167 replies to this topic

#161 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

I can't really help you on that. I didn't go last year.
When I went maybe 6 years ago, I just shelled out the dough to park in one of the stadium lots. The lot wasn't that close, maybe nearer the baseball stadium. It is a pro sports area so there is lots of parking - but paying for it ain't too great.

Don't bring an umbrella - they don't let them in the stadium, and they will search any bags you bring. I don't believe you are allowed to bring food or drink into the stadium - concessions are pricey.

#162 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

6 Terp recruits set to play in the Under Armor game:
http://insidelacross...lacrosse-honors

For the North:
Joe LoCascio
Eric Parnon
David Solomon

For the South:
Jay Carlson
Kevin Forster
Goran Murray

July 2nd in Towson

#163 RavenMadness

RavenMadness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,053 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

AWESOME! Both Men & Women's teams vying for Championship title!

Go Terps!!!
prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

I love me some DWILL!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#164 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Great Win! On to the final on Monday against UVa. :)

#165 RavenMadness

RavenMadness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,053 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Great Win! On to the final on Monday against UVa. :)

And, Women's team plays today at 4PM vs the Wildcats! Will be on Comcrap and BigTen Network! Guaranteed to be a battle!

I have tix for Monday! wooooohooooo!:D

GO TERPS!!
prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

I love me some DWILL!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#166 texetz

texetz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

This senior-laden team looks great! Great defense and goaltending, a great game plan and enough offense spelled a satisfying win over a rival ACC school. I'm hoping for a repeat on Monday.
This reminds me of the Terps football team in Fridge's first year- great senior leadership and an inspiring new coach made for a great year.
If they win, I believe it'll be the first title since the Frank Urso-led '75 team. I think Urso and Gary Gait have been the most dominant offensive players I've ever seen. That '75 Terps team had a great defense, too, IIRC. They needed it to beat a great Hopkins team that year.

Edit- I must have been thinking of the '73 team. The Terps beat Navy in '75.

Edited by texetz, 31 May 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#167 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

Tough loss for the Terps today, but it was good to get back to the finals again. You've got to start getting to the finals, if you want to win a title.

Too many mistakes for the Terps today. I think the 2nd quarter was particularly poor, sort of reminded me of the first UNC game. Ah well.

I will really miss: Grant Catalino, Brett Schmidt, Ryan Young, Brian Farrell, Ryder Bohlander, Max Schmidt, Dan Burns, Travis Reed, Scott LaRue and the other seniors. They have been entertaining to watch, and lead a good run in the tournament.

In the end 9-7 is lot easier to deal with, than those mind numbing blow-outs by Princeton in 1997 and 1998.

#168 texetz

texetz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

They just didn't play too well.

Speaking of Princeton- Tierney taking Denver to the FF speaks to his recruiting and coaching skills. Haven't heard too much of the Tigers since he left.