Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MooGoo

Owe back taxes? No Driver's License!

103 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-drivers-taxes-20110201,0,4180619.story

LOVE this idea. Especially the part about it upsets certain people because driving is an integral part of earning a living. Duh! same with paying your taxes.

Couple of questions, though:

1.) Will the illegals that flock to Maryland be excluded from this, so they can send all of the money back home via Western Union, not pay any taxes on it and STILL get driver's licenses like they do now?

2.) Will Religious people be exempt? I mean, they pay no taxes and yet they have driver's licenses.

Great idea, though.

Drivers licenses should only be suspended for reasons related to driving, period.

1.) Will the illegals that flock to Maryland be excluded from this, so they can send all of the money back home via Western Union, not pay any taxes on it and STILL get driver's licenses like they do now?

This law would not apply to illegal aliens (since most laws here in MD don't apply to illegal aliens anyway).

Illegal aliens will continue to flock to MD, they will continue to evade taxes, and these New Americans may possibly even get the perk of in-state tuition! Viva La Maryland!

Thank you O'Malley for allowing us middle class folks to work our fingers to the bone in order to aid & abet illegals in Maryland! Now can you please tell me how I can file for illegal alien status so I can stop paying those pesky taxes yet abuse taxpayer funded services? Sounds like a sweet deal and I want in on it.

I guess its better than what the feds do, throw you in the slammer.

Drivers licenses should only be suspended for reasons related to driving, period.

So booze is cool?

I have a problem with this.

Taking ones abilty to renew their drivers licence and registration only enables them to make a living. And I agree that losing your license should only be related to breaking driving laws.

Now if the same applied to those that refuse to pay child support like its suppose to I would be okay with that, but thats not enforced either.

This law would not apply to illegal aliens (since most laws here in MD don't apply to illegal aliens anyway).

Illegal aliens will continue to flock to MD, they will continue to evade taxes, and these New Americans may possibly even get the perk of in-state tuition! Viva La Maryland!

Thank you O'Malley for allowing us middle class folks to work our fingers to the bone in order to aid & abet illegals in Maryland! Now can you please tell me how I can file for illegal alien status so I can stop paying those pesky taxes yet abuse taxpayer funded services? Sounds like a sweet deal and I want in on it.

damn, can i also not pay taxes by claiming O'malleys New American protected status on my Maryland State tax form?

damn, can i also not pay taxes by claiming O'malleys New American protected status on my Maryland State tax form?

Yes, if that'll turn your crank.

A local radio commercial talks about 20% being uninsured and we have too much faith in our fellow man,

Think it may be higher then that, thanks to the State

Course, they also reap a profit too......

Esp in that Kangaroo Court called MVA hearings......

This is just plain stupid. It could end up costing more than it brings in. This could have a profound effect upon the economy. If someone works off a bus line. They could lose their job because they can nolonger drive to work. That will cost income taxes. Revoked registrations will cost the auto insurance industry revenue and reduce the taxes paid on the reduced revenue and on and on.

He should institute a Tax Amensty Program. Allow people to pay the original amount owed. No penalties or interest. That way he's not devistating Marylanders that are behind in their taxes in economically hard times.

I have a problem with this.

Taking ones abilty to renew their drivers licence and registration only enables them to make a living. And I agree that losing your license should only be related to breaking driving laws.

Now if the same applied to those that refuse to pay child support like its suppose to I would be okay with that, but thats not enforced either.

They do far worse. The court holds them hostage for ransom payments.

Do you really think a tax scofflaw cares if he has a licence?

Just like all the drunk drivers who are still driving?

Just put them in Jail or home detention for a coupla years

It's sound ideology, the numbers look good on paper and none of that will survive contact with reality. :D

Gas sales, car repairs, normal shoping and family activities will also suffer. This will do more to increase Virigina's revenue. Because that's where everyone will go to register their cars and renew their drivers license. :P

A year long Tax Amnesty Program is the way to go. :)

So booze is cool?

If you drink and drive that is already illegal. Where have you been?

I agree,there is already too much power at the MVA. Futher criminals don't care about laws,if they get there license suppended they will drive anyway. If you know any illegals you really don't know them,they rarely use their real name.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-drivers-taxes-20110201,0,4180619.story

LOVE this idea. Especially the part about it upsets certain people because driving is an integral part of earning a living. Duh! same with paying your taxes.

Couple of questions, though:

I think someone should inform you bozos that illegals can no longer get drivers licenses in the state of Maryland

I think someone should inform you bozos that illegals can no longer get drivers licenses in the state of Maryland

......and felons can't get guns :rolleyes:

Big deal, people, like those who already get their licenses suspended or revoked for other reasons (multiple DUIs/DWIs; too many points; etc.) will drive without a license anyway. Lock them up and/or garnish their wages, that should do it. Oh wait, jails are already overcrowded, never mind. :rolleyes:

......and felons can't get guns :rolleyes:

You don't need a license to buy a gun, so do you have a point? Or as per your usual dumb comments , you don't?

Since illegals don't pay state income taxes, does this mean they can't get a license?