Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
georjec2

Movies That I Can Watch Over and Over Again.

111 posts in this topic

Great, great answers man. I've learned a lot from you and I enjoyed this discussion and that's exactly why I didn't go higher. I went high but should have been higher but I never kissed anyone's as* and once when there was an incident in the office that wasn't my fault and management wanted to fire me they couldn't because of what I had on them.

Just like Muir-lol.

Edited by 52 knock outs

Here's another scene.

Remember when Harkins was in Muir's office looking at the burnt flag and said, if these walls could talk.

Your counry owes you a great debt of service and Muir says,

sarcasticly, yea. Like that and a nickel won't get me a cup of coffee and a

doughnut.

Harkins hated him like he hated everyone but respected him still the same. Then after saying that to Muir he ransacked his office. Also, when Muir needed those satellite

photos of the island and he was in Unger's office he invited him to his retirement

dinner party and Unger was so flabbergasted and honored but there was no party.

Harkins sees Muir leaving and goes into Unger's office and says what was Muir doing in here. He said talking. About what. Unger said his retirement dinner but I don't think you're invited. LOL Nobody like Harkins.

Later, Muir calls his secretary and said please tell Unger the dinner party is cancelled

for tonight. She just looks up in the air like, huh? What retirement dinner party but tells Unger anyway.

LOL

The secretary was loyal and did some things that could have gotten her fired and

she even asked Muir if she could get fired over this and Muir just looks at her like

sure can. Then she said I didn't want to work for Unger anyway.

She was a maverick too.

Edited by 52 knock outs

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Once Upon A Time In The West

Once Upon A Time In America

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Once Upon A Time In The West

Once Upon A Time In America

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Once upon a time in America is a classic

"Noodles I forgot to duck"

Airplane

Don't call me Shirley.

Another vote for Airplane!

...when Muir needed those satellite

photos of the island and he was in Unger's office he invited him to his retirement dinner party and Unger was so flabbergasted and honored but there was no party. ...

I think Unger was the guy whose phone Muir used to call Digger Gibson to publicize the Bishop affair. Muir also stole his key card. Kepler or Kapler was the guy in the map room, w/ the Chinese food: after the invite, he says to Muir, "Y'know, I didn't think you liked me," & Muir just laughs him off.

The part I was puzzled about was @the end when Muir wires Duncan about the rescue mission & tells Duncan that Bishop prepped the mission B4 he "piggybacked" Sideshow, the official(!) CIA bugging op. Did that mean Bishop used the bugging op. as a cover for his own Hadley mission? But he used the suspected cholera outbreak as a cover to get into the prison. I was left thinking the rescue mission was part of Sideshow, to exfil the bugging operatives if the Chinese caught on.

For a little culture in your life take a look at 'West Is West'. A BBC produced dramedy that I gave 8 out of 10 stars about a teenage Pakistani teenager born and raised in England (accent and everything) who is taken back to Pakistan by his father in 1975 to connect to his roots.

Good Movie !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441956/

Wizard of Oz

Fargo

Band of Brothers (not a movie but a great mini-series)

Cast Away (Tom Hanks)

Harry Potter

Primal Fear

Shawshank redemption

American President

League of the Own

Goodfellas

Tommy Boy

...Shawshank redemption ... Goodfellas ...
What is it about those movies? Maybe that the characters are not cardboard cutouts. In Shawshank, Red's the brains to a former banker's brawn. In Goodfellas, a hit man's repulsed by the sight of blood. I'd never heard of Shawshank 'til my bro. sent it to me on VHS back in the late 90s; now, if we channel-surf to it, we stop & watch 'til the end. Same w/ Goodfellas.

For a little culture in your life take a look at 'West Is West'. A BBC produced dramedy that I gave 8 out of 10 stars about a teenage Pakistani teenager born and raised in England (accent and everything) who is taken back to Pakistan by his father in 1975 to connect to his roots.

Good Movie !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441956/

Oooppps !!! This was suppose to go in the 'Good But Obscure Movies' thread. :o

The Bourne movies!
Not only can I watch them again & again, but those & The Good Shepherd are the only Matt Damon movies I've seen.

Most of the Marx Brothers movies. A Day At The Races, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup...Brilliant.

(I cannot however tolerate my onetime king of the world heroes...The Three Stooges.)

Most of the Marx Brothers movies. A Day At The Races, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup...Brilliant.

(I cannot however tolerate my onetime king of the world heroes...The Three Stooges.)

I've gone the opposite route: Marx Bros. too dull for me. The Stooges' producer told them they'd never be as funny as the Marx Bros.; hence, had to work @a more frantic pace. But I've concluded their social commentary more incisive than Marx Bros.

I've gone the opposite route: Marx Bros. too dull for me. The Stooges' producer told them they'd never be as funny as the Marx Bros.; hence, had to work @a more frantic pace. But I've concluded their social commentary more incisive than Marx Bros.

I hear you man but the Stooges are sooo stupid. :D

Another thing.. the Marx Bros. movies get 3 and 4 stars the Stooges do not.

Any James Bond with Sean Connery, Pierce Bronson, Roger Moore or Daniel Craig. The rest were horrible.

Mission Impossible

Hunt for Red October

Stripes

The Longest Day

Magnificent Seven

Young Guns

Major League

Beverly Hills Cop 1

48 Hours

Tomstone

Top Gun

The Birds