Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shellshock

MIAA Baseball 2011

628 posts in this topic

So far I have seen CHC, Gilman, Spalding & Curley play. Observations at this point are CHC & Spalding mash the baseball. Gilman & Curley don't come close to the offensive power. All the pitching(everywhere) up to now is absolutely brutal. That may change when better weather rolls around. With that said, it looks like the MIAA winner will be who outhits who. My money still rides on CHC.

I have one question ....what is going on with the baseball dress code these days .. I have been to 6 high school games and i noticed that the dress and groom code is off the chain ..for instance this justin bieber look in a baseball cap has got to go. If you want to be rockstar be one but please if you want to be a baseball player look like one ...walter youse , sherriff fowble, joe branzel would puke if they were watching today. I think some of these coaches should step up and set some examples... Well i guess i am old school and old school got it done back in the day when maryland was overflowing with talent and you had to look the part just to step on the baseball field with polished spikes, short clean cut hair and clean shaven face and jesus no freakin earings. I was watching a catholic school from dc playing against curley and their starting third basemen looked like slash from guns and roses.. Come on man. I dont know... The old school way works not just on the ball field but in life too.. How bout this go to a job interview looking like some of the stuff i just mentioned... Yeah right dont think so. Alright sorry for ranting i just had to get this off my chest

Hey Cardhater, I agree. These kids today have no respect for themselves which in turn relates to the fact that they have no respect for the game. Baseball has always been a thinking man's sport and one that carries with it many life lessons. Too bad those things are not that important today. A lot of that has to do with the fact that coaches have to watch every single word they say as to not offend these little pampered babies.

Any word on how AACS looked against Calvert Hall? I heard Calvert Hall won 9-5.

So, The MIAA season begins monday with a tough matchup between Spalding/Calvert Hall. Any thoughts on who will win and why?

Good 1st conference game for both teams yesterday in the MIAA B as AACS and Pallotti were tied at 3 after 7 innings. The game was suspended due to darkness and will be completed the next time both teams meet.

So, The MIAA season begins monday with a tough matchup between Spalding/Calvert Hall. Any thoughts on who will win and why?

Wow, these guys matching up in the first game of the year. Who made this schedule. Should be a good game. Not sure who is on the hill for either. I would guess Wagner for AS and not sure who for CH. Fackler?

I think it will come down to Wagner being able to shut down the CH hitters better than the CH pitchers shutting down AS.

My prediction. 8-3 in favor of AS

your absolutely correct , i understand garret walters is pitching for chc monday, i see it 12-4 spalding.... i also see baron becoming a starter on the hill around mid april could be wrong on this but the staff wont tolerate the pitching wows in the miaa conference play and might push the panic button.. fackler got rocked saturday so outside of garrett w and fackler who is left WITSAK , BARON, 2 CONVERTED CATCHERS MOONEY.. MY MONEY IS ON BARON 2 TIMES A WEEK AND REPLACE HIM AT SHORTSTOP WHEN HE PITCHES

Kevin is CHC's best option. He knows how to pitch and should allow the

Cards some cover against most teams. On the down side, Gilman and Spalding are not most teams and will give all pitching staffs fits.

Scorewise, after factoring Eckerl's home cooking benefit, home field advantage and the occasional "when assistant coaches attack", Spalding 5, CHC 4

your absolutely correct , i understand garret walters is pitching for chc monday, i see it 12-4 spalding.... i also see baron becoming a starter on the hill around mid april could be wrong on this but the staff wont tolerate the pitching wows in the miaa conference play and might push the panic button.. fackler got rocked saturday so outside of garrett w and fackler who is left WITSAK , BARON, 2 CONVERTED CATCHERS MOONEY.. MY MONEY IS ON BARON 2 TIMES A WEEK AND REPLACE HIM AT SHORTSTOP WHEN HE PITCHES

chc pitching fackler walther witsak and a bunch of arms, thia years miaa will be won with bats, no more 2-1 and 3-2 wins. this year 8-6 and 7-5 scores will win league. all miaa teams can hit so the depth of your staff will be key baron may be better served saving some of those high scoring games late. it should be a great offensive season. at some point this season all miaa pitching will get rocked, wagner clarke casas ripken and any other top starter will be shaking their heads.

hater did some research fackler 3 earned on 3 hits with 4 ks and a walk in 3 innings on sat.i dont know if that constitutes as being rocked. tune up start for miaa season against a top 20ish va. pub. with all 2nd stringers playing behind him in the 2nd game of a double dip.

I think you left out a few sleepers are on that staff in Stewart, Hankey and Shipley. The ladder pitched well all summer for DP, including a 5 inning perfect game. He has pitched well so far, but only in limited action, as Eckerl seems reluctant to go outside of his comfort zone, as usual. Fackler has already been used an awful lot and it's March 20th. Lou is going to have to find out what he has in his untested pitchers sooner or later.

hater did some research fackler 3 earned on 3 hits with 4 ks and a walk in 3 innings on sat.i dont know if that constitutes as being rocked. tune up start for miaa season against a top 20ish va. pub. with all 2nd stringers playing behind him in the 2nd game of a double dip.

Three earned runs in 3 innings equals a 7.00 era. This is hardly stats for a teams number 1 starter. I played against Mike and he is a decent pitcher, but he should be the 3 or 4th person in the rotation. Unfortunately his fast ball is around 77 to 79 mph. He has a decent curveball, however, all you have to do is sit on his fastball.

I spoke to some players at CHC and they are concerned about their pitching. Walther throws hard but lack control and the pitching knowledge. The believe their best pitcher, hands down is Kevin Baron, however, Eckerl is reluctant to take him of short. Stewart, Hankey, and Shipley will see action against weaker teams only. DP competition is a far cry from MIAA. I don't see anyone that can shut the MIAA top teams down. CHC will need to score a lot of runs. Spat-tan, before you say it, yes CHC will probably beat Loyola.

Three earned runs in 3 innings equals a 7.00 era. This is hardly stats for a teams number 1 starter. I played against Mike and he is a decent pitcher, but he should be the 3 or 4th person in the rotation. Unfortunately his fast ball is around 77 to 79 mph. He has a decent curveball, however, all you have to do is sit on his fastball.

I spoke to some players at CHC and they are concerned about their pitching. Walther throws hard but lack control and the pitching knowledge. The believe their best pitcher, hands down is Kevin Baron, however, Eckerl is reluctant to take him of short. Stewart, Hankey, and Shipley will see action against weaker teams only. DP competition is a far cry from MIAA. I don't see anyone that can shut the MIAA top teams down. CHC will need to score a lot of runs. Spat-tan, before you say it, yes CHC will probably beat Loyola.

loyola bb i wont say chc will beat loyola, im not from chc just know some people who are. usually get decent info from reliable sources, others dont always give you correct info, as for kevin baron in the same game sat. he gave up a few runs in 1 inning of work. as stated before i believe the bats in the miaa are much better than the pitching all the way around, with the exception of maybe spalding. chc and the rest of the miaa should be concerned about their pitching. being honest would you say if chc top three are fackler walther and witsak, are they any better or any worse than the top 3 at loyola. just asking for honesty, because i dont know.

How about the B conference? Teams to beat are definitely AACS and Boys Latin. AACS is basically the same team from last year, and BL has improved greatly and they have turned into a playoff contender. The Laker's junior class is one of the most talented in the B conference, with three legitimate college prospects as the heart of the team in Pitcher/Infielders Mike Gillespie, Stuart Reid, and Parker Amos. All three are talented pitchers and bat at the top of the order for BL. Gillespie and Reid have been in the rotation since they were freshman and are two of the best in the B conference. They now have a solid cleanup hitter with Zach Davis returning after taking his junior year off to focus on soccer. The new coach, Bill Greenwell, brings experience and tons of baseball knowledge and he will surely turn this team of talented players into championship contenders. Severn and Glenelg will also contend, but many consider them overrated.

How about the B conference? Teams to beat are definitely AACS and Boys Latin. AACS is basically the same team from last year, and BL has improved greatly and they have turned into a playoff contender. The Laker's junior class is one of the most talented in the B conference, with three legitimate college prospects as the heart of the team in Pitcher/Infielders Mike Gillespie, Stuart Reid, and Parker Amos. All three are talented pitchers and bat at the top of the order for BL. Gillespie and Reid have been in the rotation since they were freshman and are two of the best in the B conference. They now have a solid cleanup hitter with Zach Davis returning after taking his junior year off to focus on soccer. The new coach, Bill Greenwell, brings experience and tons of baseball knowledge and he will surely turn this team of talented players into championship contenders. Severn and Glenelg will also contend, but many consider them overrated.

AACS is the real deal. Pallotti hung with them as the game was suspended after 7 innings after darkness on Friday. Don't forget about Mt. Carmel. All three are very good. As for Boy's Latin, they have a new coach and should be better. As for a contender, you are entitled to your opinion, but please remember, Boy's Latin did not even make the playoffs last year. In the Red Division, Severn will be the favorite, as for the other two spots it will probably be Glenelg Country in the 2nd spot. For the 3rd spot it is up for grabs.

spat tan why would you play second stringers against a top 20 team also i guess the home runs fackler gave up was because of a short porch.. he got rocked just like he got rocked against westminister last yr and he will get rocked again...

loyola bb i wont say chc will beat loyola, im not from chc just know some people who are. usually get decent info from reliable sources, others dont always give you correct info, as for kevin baron in the same game sat. he gave up a few runs in 1 inning of work. as stated before i believe the bats in the miaa are much better than the pitching all the way around, with the exception of maybe spalding. chc and the rest of the miaa should be concerned about their pitching. being honest would you say if chc top three are fackler walther and witsak, are they any better or any worse than the top 3 at loyola. just asking for honesty, because i dont know.

An honest answer is that fackler, walther and witsak are better overall than our 3. However, we are picked to finish 6th in the MIAA. Mike would not be our number 1. Your number 1 needs to be throwing in the mid 80s.

An honest answer is that fackler, walther and witsak are better overall than our 3. However, we are picked to finish 6th in the MIAA. Mike would not be our number 1. Your number 1 needs to be throwing in the mid 80s.

i think loyola is better than 6th, chc might be 3rd or 4th, this is not about 1 pitcher for chc,its about their staff in general. velocity isnt worh a crap if you cant get the ball over the plate.remember pitching is about getting people out, not how hard you throw.how would your 1 fair at chc gilman spalding etc. still think miaa is hitters league now pitchers arent bad, just think that hitters are much better. good luck on your season by the way. i think you guys are better then you think you are.

spat tan why would you play second stringers against a top 20 team also i guess the home runs fackler gave up was because of a short porch.. he got rocked just like he got rocked against westminister last yr and he will get rocked again...

answer to 1st question. ask eckerl. ill answer 2nd question with a question. is every pitcher that gives up home run considered rocked or just this one. hating takes alot of work, kevin baron gave up a couple of runs in 1 inng of same game , he must be terriable, like i said hating takes work someone from chc could throw a 3 hit shut out and you would find fault with it. so their goes your credibility. like i said hating takes alot of work and envy, you probably arent good enough to play at chc.

Ok, covered that pretty well.

New subject.....With all the talk of big bats, we don't hear the mention of Casas very much as a stopper. Seemed to get a crazy amount of talk last year and all off season. Will he be a shutdown pitcher for Gilman? Is Ripken their 2 guy?

Also, Sutton is a pretty good pitcher, but I'v seen no mention of him taking the mound yet. Anybody know why?

Last, the Dons are still going to cause problems for teams that look past them, or throw weak pitching against them.........I hope.

Please post scores for these games:

Spading @ Calvert Hall

Annapolis @ Severn

Curley @ Bel Air

CMW @ St Marys

Palotti @ Friends

Chapelgate @ Mt Carmel

Ok, covered that pretty well.

New subject.....With all the talk of big bats, we don't hear the mention of Casas very much as a stopper. Seemed to get a crazy amount of talk last year and all off season. Will he be a shutdown pitcher for Gilman? Is Ripken their 2 guy?

Also, Sutton is a pretty good pitcher, but I'v seen no mention of him taking the mound yet. Anybody know why?

Last, the Dons are still going to cause problems for teams that look past them, or throw weak pitching against them.........I hope.

Casas, in my opinion, was the number two pitcher in the league last year as a soph. He should be better as a junior, but we'll see. Ripken is a strong number two - a bit inconsistant last year, but has good stuff. Matt Collins will be right there to give them a strong top three. Missing the closer from last year will hurt some. Missing the catcher from last year will hurt more. Spaulding on wednesday, CHC next week. let the fun begin.

Don't know Sutton. Yes, Loyola should score some runs against the weaker pitvhing in the league.