• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 RuxtonRifle

RuxtonRifle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

Ideologies are obviously 180 degrees apart, but, is there any difference between the roles each side plays in the American Politic fabric. Koch is essentially running the same playbook that Soros does: align with so-called non-profits, and fund and fuel your agenda.

There is no difference.
--------------------

“The Right to Free Speech is not the same as a mandate to be heard.”

#2 Mike Evans

Mike Evans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Ideologies are obviously 180 degrees apart, but, is there any difference between the roles each side plays in the American Politic fabric. Koch is essentially running the same playbook that Soros does: align with so-called non-profits, and fund and fuel your agenda.

There is no difference.

Keep your filth to yourself. Soros is a billionaire who cares about the middle class. The Coke brothers are billionaires who care about the ruling class. Hence the union busting, and tax breaks for the rich.

#3 Lucque

Lucque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

Koch Trust fund babies versus Soros.

Trust fund babies like the Koch brothers want to be protected behind security guards and gates rather then meet any real people. So, they hire stooges to suck the toe jam out between their toes. and obviously there a lot of people willing to suck.

"Soros immigrated to England in 1947 and, as an impoverished student, lived with his uncle, an Orthodox Jew. His uncle paid his living expenses while he attended the London School of Economics, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Philosophy in 1952.[22] While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. A University tutor requested aid for Soros, and he received £40 from a Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) charity.[23] He eventually secured an entry-level position with London merchant bank Singer & Friedlander. He has a cousin from that family era, Caron Enlander (née Weiss) in New York."

Now, I agree with you to the extent that democracy is undermined by big money.

However, when the government protected media corporations make billions of dollars from election advertising and coverage but, also depend on billions of dollars from their customers, Exxon/Mobil, Aetna, .... The people are screwed.

Thomas Jefferson:

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."

#4 RuxtonRifle

RuxtonRifle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

Ok. Looks like some libs are blinded by their own fury that it clouds their logic and ability to read. The first part of my post states, "ideologies aside..." nor does my post ask for differences in how the acquired their wealth, nor does the post defend or postulate which one cares more for an economic class. The point of the post is that Koch plays the same role or resource for Conservatives that Soros plays for Liberals.
--------------------

“The Right to Free Speech is not the same as a mandate to be heard.”

#5 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,951 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

Koch Industries employs 80,000 people and makes a wide range of industrial products. Soros got rich on currency speculation and sinking the Bank Of England. IOW, he got rich in precisely the kind of way that liberals most loathe. Their hypocrisy is noted.
Ne Nuntium Necare

#6 Lucque

Lucque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ok. Looks like some libs are blinded by their own fury that it clouds their logic and ability to read. The first part of my post states, "ideologies aside..." nor does my post ask for differences in how the acquired their wealth, nor does the post defend or postulate which one cares more for an economic class. The point of the post is that Koch plays the same role or resource for Conservatives that Soros plays for Liberals.

You heralded "No difference" in your thread title. Then, you want limit the facts upon which you draw your conclusion and deprive anyone else of comment.

I do not want to limit competiton of individuals by allowing some, by virtue of birth, to crush the aspirations of others.
Thomas Jefferson:

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."

#7 skeemer

skeemer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

Keep your filth to yourself. Soros is a billionaire who cares about the middle class. The Coke brothers are billionaires who care about the ruling class. Hence the union busting, and tax breaks for the rich.

So....

LOL!!!!!

#8 bystander

bystander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

Oxymoron
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ...

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
Thomas Jefferson

#9 dsummoner

dsummoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Libbies don't like having their own tactics used against them. It sends them into a frothing, gibbering an tittering rage as they become totally unhinged.
Vae Victus
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is -- the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Churchill
Of course we're trying to be tax-efficient. Who doesn't want to be tax-efficient?" - The Edge of U2 on the use of Dutch tax shelters.
Merchant of Death & Ascriber of Jahbulon.
My purity is corrupted by my humanity - Me.

Amir of the Kufr Mujahiddeen

#10 Lucque

Lucque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Libbies don't like having their own tactics used against them. It sends them into a frothing, gibbering an tittering rage as they become totally unhinged.

Just a friendly note.

Maybe you might want to reconsider using words like "unhinged".
Thomas Jefferson:

#11 dsummoner

dsummoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Just a friendly note.

The spelling is correct and the usage is apt. Of course, calling the barely sane, on the best of days, Libbies, unhinged does tend to make them go completely batty as they bray wildly at the moon.:P:D
Vae Victus
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is -- the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Churchill
Of course we're trying to be tax-efficient. Who doesn't want to be tax-efficient?" - The Edge of U2 on the use of Dutch tax shelters.
Merchant of Death & Ascriber of Jahbulon.
My purity is corrupted by my humanity - Me.

Amir of the Kufr Mujahiddeen

#12 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

If you guys spent half the time worrying about Goldman Sachs as you do George Soros your points on Soros might be easier to swallow.
"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#13 Lucque

Lucque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Koch Industries employs 80,000 people and makes a wide range of industrial products. Soros got rich on currency speculation and sinking the Bank Of England. IOW, he got rich in precisely the kind of way that liberals most loathe. Their hypocrisy is noted.

Drug dealers employ more then that.

And they were not born with Koch Brother silver spoons.

Does the amount of people employed produce some counterpoint?
Thomas Jefferson:

#14 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

Just a friendly note.

"Unhinged" is totally appropriate when addressing Liberal Insanity:

THE LIBERAL MIND:

The Psychological Causes of
Political Madness

By Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.

http://www.libertymind.com/

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness is a book written by Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D. The book explains why liberals think and act the way they do.

• The degree of modern liberalism’s irrationality far exceeds any misunderstanding that can be attributed to faulty fact gathering or logical error. Indeed, under careful scrutiny, liberalism’s distortions of the normal ability to reason can only be understood as the product of psychopathology
  • ...the adult drive toward omnipotent control of others, in any arena whatever, is rooted in fears of separation, abandonment loss or abuse--the residual effects of early attachment gone wrong

About the Author

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D. received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago. He is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry and has diagnosed and treated mental disorders for more than forty years. He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts, and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consulted in more than 2700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions.

Get YOUR copy today!

http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Mind-Psychological-Political-Madness/dp/097795630X

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." -George Orwell, '1984'

In Liberal/Leftist politics, reality is an inconvenience best ignored. But unfortunately for the liberal agenda, 'reality' is that thing that even when you stop believing in it, is still there. As with all liberal experiments in social engineering, it’s the ‘good intentions’ that matter, not the ‘results’.

#15 bruceri

bruceri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,252 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

If you guys spent half the time worrying about Goldman Sachs as you do George Soros your points on Soros might be easier to swallow.

It is interesting to note those on the left spend more time worrying about the Koch brothers.

#16 bruceri

bruceri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,252 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

This is correct. It is amazing to see the outrage on the left because there are those on the right doing the very same things they are. Total hypocrisy.

#17 Lucque

Lucque

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

THE LIBERAL MIND:

The Psychological Causes of
Political Madness

By Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.

http://www.libertymind.com/

Get YOUR copy today!

http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Mind-Psychological-Political-Madness/dp/097795630X

Why not a little humor? on the Christian Sabbath.
Thomas Jefferson:

#18 bruceri

bruceri

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,252 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

It's posts like this that will keep most here from taking you seriously. You actually type it like you really believe it.

#19 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

It is interesting to note those on the left spend more time worrying about the Koch brothers.

I've never heard of them. But Soros is a sideshow in comparison to the effect Goldman Sachs has had on the average American.
"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#20 Skytrooper

Skytrooper

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

So when will Soro be handing out his billions to the middle class until be become one of us, that is, if he "CARED SO MUCH".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users