Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinkb

Girls AAU/Club Basketball 2011

509 posts in this topic

2011 MD AAU when are we going to start talking about the players and the teams!??

I never post! But really! Lets get on with the ball!

Tinkb or should I say IH, how much developing of Pettway did you have since she lived in NC and Painter being from Chesapeake, VA? Also, you said there were 13. Where are the others? If I put 13 players in college like you said, I would name everyone of them. You are going to come on this board and talk BS all the time and when I call you out on it you want to spin it. Another question is how many years did those players play with you? Don't try and spin like you always do. Just answer the question.

I've moved on from the likes of you and your type of jerk and butthole. It's clear that you have no other agenda than to tear down an organization and program that you have a pressing negative agenda against.

What's your primary malfunction? Are you THAT sick and twisted. Unfortunately, I have to deal deal with the likes of haters like you every day in this business. A cost of doing real business. You DO have a major mental problem, slim. Actually, it's not your business how we do business! I'd suggest you keep it moving to another agenda, please!

I've moved on from the likes of you and your type of jerk and butthole. It's clear that you have no other agenda than to tear down an organization and program that you have a pressing negative agenda against.

What's your primary malfunction? Are you THAT sick and twisted. Unfortunately, I have to deal deal with the likes of haters like you every day in this business. A cost of doing real business. You DO have a major mental problem, slim. Actually, it's not your business how we do business! I'd suggest you keep it moving to another agenda, please!

You spin it again. If you are going to come on this board and proclaim that you had 13 girls go to college, then why wouldn't you name everyone of them if someone asked you? If any other program said they had 13 girls that got a free ride and someone asked them they would tell you who they are. Once again you like to spin things. Stop trying to make yourself look good. What's wrong with asking who the 13 girls are? What's your malfunction by not answering a simple question?

Good luck to my girl Dyzhanay Burton and her aau team-mates as they start a new era within a new organization. Last years Md state champs bring 4 solid freshman (1 from city, 2 poly, 1 digital) and one of the best 8th graders around. Just need that biggie and they will be tough.

Good luck to my girl Dyzhanay Burton and her aau team-mates as they start a new era within a new organization. Last years Md state champs bring 4 solid freshman (1 from city, 2 poly, 1 digital) and one of the best 8th graders around. Just need that biggie and they will be tough.

I love Da Da's game. She is going to be a very good player.

Has anyone been to the John Carrol Invitational? Is this a good tournament?

We had no complaints about the tournament last year except about the referees which is what I hear about almost every tournament. We had 32 teams from different areas. We expect more this year. Almost all the games were competitive. The facilities we use are great (John Carroll and Harford CC). Included in this year's registration fee is a recruiting seminar for any parent or player who wants to attend. The seminar will be hosted by Larry Wilner and Hoop Mountain Metro Atlantic Girls, and local college coaches. We have some good teams committed so far. Hope this helps.

Anyone familiar with Zero Gravity that can give any information on their organization?

Anyone familiar with Zero Gravity that can give any information on their organization?

It's a subsidiary of Hoop Mountain. Hoop mountain runs a lot of camps, tournaments and recruiting showcases throughout the country. Zero Gravity Circuit is a new concept for youth tournaments. Each area has an organization that hosts the tournaments for boys and girls. You can get a deep discount if you play in more than one of their events and they are really pushing the concept of teams trading events ( I'll play in yours if you come to mine). They have one event scheduled in early June but they will have several events next year. The concept allows AAU/Club teams to compete with tournament operators who run events that do not benefit a club. Charm City Basketball is one that comes to mind. The Baltimore Starz are the host club for this region. There are plans for their own national tournament at the end of the season.

http://www.zerogravitybasketball.com/

I think it's virtually impossible to find more than maybe 2/3 people in the entire DMV who've actually developed and actually develop talent!

There are some people who are great at developing talent. The problem is once they start to develop them thats when the blood suckers start coming for them lol. Most of the good players in the area start off on small teams and get pulled toward the bigger organizations for different reasons. Sometimes it's a good move, most of the time it's not because the child doesn't continue the skill development. But there are a lot of good talent developers.

BWSL-MD TO HOST ROUND ROBIN SCRIMMAGE GAMES FIRST AND SECOND WEEKENDS IN APRIL FOR 15u & 16u AAU/TRAVEL TEAMS FOR MORE INFO CONTACT RON AT 301-442-4209.

By the way, a great post without question, which seems heartfelt and sincere.

Problem one: no one wants to be an upstart; everyone wants to be important and significant from day one--most of who've never done anything except buy an established player. At least develop ONE player from scratch who can barely play. Do it ONCE, then do it AGAIN.

Get ONE girl into college, whatever level of Division 1, 2, or 3; then do it AGAIN.

Please develop a proper political pedigree that ain't a bunch of lies and innuendo, but are based on the facts, past, present, and future about your program.

And so forth, and so one.

I agree everyone does want to be important. A couple of orgs deserve credit for start to finish.

MYBA - I think Harmon played with them from start to finish

Lady Tigers - did develop Breezy (who went to Comets)

Lady Lions - they had Logan, Bristow & Craig

Baltimore Starz - Little Mama (who went to Comets)

Baltimore Cougars had several.

Lady Comets - Dukes and now Harrison

So there are a few programs that taken young brand new players and develop them into college level players

I agree everyone does want to be important. A couple of orgs deserve credit for start to finish.

So there are a few programs that taken young brand new players and develop them into college level players

Lady Tigers, Starz, MYBA, Lady Comets and Lady Lions have done their jobs.

Brielle Ward, Ciara Webb, Tracey Carrington, Omaah Tayong, Keirah Hicks, Taryn Durant, Candice Hendricks, LaShay Taft, Shadequa Longus, Tenecia Spence and a few more come to mind. They are still doing work from what I hear and some have nice pipelines of young talent. Good point Thinkfree. These days most kids don't play straight through for one org so the list could be longer. And I almost forgot about the Baltimore Charm who have been quite successful at getting girls into college as well.

Lady Tigers, Starz, MYBA, Lady Comets and Lady Lions have done their jobs.

Brielle Ward, Ciara Webb, Tracey Carrington, Omaah Tayong, Keirah Hicks, Taryn Durant, Candice Hendricks, LaShay Taft, Shadequa Longus, Tenecia Spence and a few more come to mind. They are still doing work from what I hear and some have nice pipelines of young talent. Good point Thinkfree. These days most kids don't play straight through for one org so the list could be longer. And I almost forgot about the Baltimore Charm who have been quite successful at getting girls into college as well.

A lot of the programs you just mentioned do a great job developing girls at a young age, but the older they get the more people get in their heads when it comes to decision making. Of course, other organizations come and talk about FREE and the parents jump on it to the detriment of the child at times. It is unfortunate that some kids jump from team to team and they are the ones who lose out overall because they aren't getting the same development. The flip side is some kids do need to get to programs where they are developed better and get more exposure. Parents find a good organization and stick with it for your childs sake. Every organization has its pros and cons, pick the one that fits your childs needs.

Think Free thank for recognizing these local programs, they donot get nearly enough credit ''. I would throw in the waves who did a nice job w some of the Keough & Spalding girls. We also know there r other local programs as well'''

Well, It's been a nice little break away from basketball (couple weeks.) Dada starts it back up today. I'll be there rooting them on.

Who is "Tasha Butler"? Is she related to "Tasia Butler"? "All my life I had to fight" ~ Oprah

Tink...you got me crying! :D

What team will be rated the best in the DMV?

11 Grade- 1.) Shooting Stars (dominated that age group the last couple of years), 2.) Baltimore Storm if they combine both groups

10 Grade- 1.) Grizzlies, 2) Comets, Grizzlies, Baltimore Starz, Shooting Stars are all right there behind them

9th Grade 1.) Baltimore Finest/Melo/Cougars/Shooting Stars now for short DADA team 2.) Baltimore Starz & MD Elite 4.) Columbia Ravens

8th Grade and lower we will find out this weekend. I know the shooting stars has a good 7th or 6th grade group. The lady lions have a good young group. The sure shots and the charm also has a talented young group.

11 Grade- 1.) Shooting Stars (dominated that age group the last couple of years), 2.) Baltimore Storm if they combine both groups

10 Grade- 1.) Grizzlies, 2) Comets, Grizzlies, Baltimore Starz, Shooting Stars are all right there behind them

9th Grade 1.) Baltimore Finest/Melo/Cougars/Shooting Stars now for short DADA team 2.) Baltimore Starz & MD Elite 4.) Columbia Ravens

8th Grade and lower we will find out this weekend. I know the shooting stars has a good 7th or 6th grade group. The lady lions have a good young group. The sure shots and the charm also has a talented young group.

How does the DC area stack up against the Balt. area? I wonder if someone would put that together?

Yeah, DaDA/Dyzhanay's team is going under the "Team Maryland" banner starting next week. Their starting five have her, the two girls from poly ( jazz and T), a digital girl (deja), and the 8th grader (deona) who is a steal machine.They looked pretty good last weekend making it to the championship and losing to a real good Virginia Cardinal team that they beat earlier in the day.. Missed 6 front ends of one and ones at end of game and were gassed as it was their third game in 4 or 5 hours. if they learn to share the ball they will be tough.