Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lumber2121

covered seating at Camden Yards

10 posts in this topic

Hello all

I am not sure if this where I should post this question, but I would like to figure out the best covered seating at Camden Yards. I live in Western NY and would like to drive down for a game with my 4 year-old son. We are in Yankee territory and I am looking to avoid my boy jumping on that bandwagon. T-shirts and talk of the Orioles only goes so far. Visiting them in person, that is a different deal.

Anyway, I would like to sit somewhere that is covered by the second deck. We are looking to go in May or August. I assume August would be a third base option as that side is shaded.

In which sections and rows should I look for seats?

You want the farther seats back in the lower deck. I think they're called lower reserve. They're covered by the club level. They pretty much go all the way around the seating bowl, so you have options on where you want to sit and what view you want.

Here's a link to the seating chart, you can see the shadow from the overhang on some of the pics.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

The upper deck is covered too, at least towards the back. And the view isn't bad, not like there will be anyone sitting in front of you or anything.

I'd go for the Club level close to the infield as possible and maybe a few rows back to insure cover if it rains.

Stay away from the outfield Club down the foul lines as those seats (especially sections 270, 268, 204 and 206) are way overpriced and offer a terrible view.

Yeah, there are some obstructions as you get farther away from the infield.

The first 10 rows of the terrace box are for you. It still part of the first level, and its covered by the club level seats. The farther you sit back, the harder it is to see things like pop ups, but the first 10 rows are fantastic.

I think sections 15 and 17 and 55 or 59 are some of the best seats in the stadium at the price (along with LF lower which isnt ideal in your situation). You will want 55-59 for the shade, but you get decent shade on the first base side as well, underneath and it is closer to the kids area with games and stuff as well. Try to get rows 3-7 or so (1 and 2 will have the rail in the way for your son)

Sections 31 and 43 have pretty good sight lines. Behind the backstop and are covered.

I think sections 15 and 17 and 55 or 59 are some of the best seats in the stadium at the price (along with LF lower which isnt ideal in your situation). You will want 55-59 for the shade, but you get decent shade on the first base side as well, underneath and it is closer to the kids area with games and stuff as well. Try to get rows 3-7 or so (1 and 2 will have the rail in the way for your son)

i've sat in section 55 often..great seats. i agree that the terrace box seats are the way to go!

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have solid idea of what to ask for when I call for tickets.

Take care and go O's!