Photo
- - - - -

He Didn't Deserve His Combat Pay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

As long as Congress makes sure they get the best of everything, keep paying these guys combat pay.

http://www.delawareo...ell|text|Home|s
Boys, set your batons to womp. But Chief, mine is stuck on twirl.

#2 skeemer

skeemer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

I've got to imagine that the amount spent on combat pay for soldiers that aren't in HOT zones is pennies compared to the billions spent elsewhere in the budget. I have no problem with those deployed to 'cushy' Baghdad being paid combat pay. They are, after all, deployed away from their families (some for the umpteenth time), and just because it is safe now does not mean it will be safe tomorrow. Just because no pilots have been shot down over Afghanistan does not make it a safe or non-combat role. Did anyone expect any pilots to be shot down in the Balkans?

#3 John Henneman

John Henneman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61,345 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Congress doesn't dererve their pay they have not passed this years budget for the Defense Department.Congress should be on leave without pay until they get their job done!

#4 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

I remember being in Kuwait processing to go out on midtour leave from Afghanistan. You sit in the middle of the desert for a few days at this air base that is unbelievably hot while they line up flights for you. One of the Air Force guys who jockeyed some desk said to a bunch of us who were in line 'Anyone know any good jokes?' Guy from back yells out, 'Yeah, I heard you guys get combat pay.' Place fell out laughing, Air Force dude looked bitter.

Wasn't that the biggest scam ever?

Freakin REMFs sitting on their butts in Kuwait getting combat pay, combat patches, and Broze Stars for passing out Jolly Ranchers!

They should all hang their heads in shame!

:mad:

#5 Mitchum

Mitchum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

That's funny. A REMF busting on another REMF

#6 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

That's funny. A REMF busting on another REMF

19K.

Try again.

#7 Mitchum

Mitchum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Dude, you are not fooling anybody.

#8 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

Dude, you are not fooling anybody.

You are most correct.

Several people on this forum have first hand knowledge I am exactly who and what I say I am.

:P

#9 Mitchum

Mitchum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

Why? Because you sent them pictures of yourself dressed in full kit astride a tank like all the other REMF's?

#10 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Why? Because you sent them pictures of yourself dressed in full kit astride a tank like all the other REMF's?

No.

They have actually met me in person and some even communicate with me outside of what is posted in this forum.

In the end, I don't need your approval.

I and God know what I have done, and in the end, that is all that matters.

Tell you what, you can take a picture on the front slope of my tank like all the REMFs who used to ask me if they could do so.

Chicks REALLY dig tanks!

#11 Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

So Mitch, how's things with Ernest P. Worrell and the rest of the trolls?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr.

#12 Mitchum

Mitchum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

You tell me, Boy!

#13 Tunguska

Tunguska

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

You tell me, Boy!

You cooks really get pissed when called out, don't you?
“I hate newspapermen…I regard them as spies…If I killed them all there would be news from hell before breakfast.” - Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

#14 Tunguska

Tunguska

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

Chicks REALLY dig tanks!

I'm thinking Mitchum isn't trying to impress chicks, if you get my drift.
“I hate newspapermen…I regard them as spies…If I killed them all there would be news from hell before breakfast.” - Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

#15 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

I've got to imagine that the amount spent on combat pay for soldiers that aren't in HOT zones is pennies compared to the billions spent elsewhere in the budget. I have no problem with those deployed to 'cushy' Baghdad being paid combat pay.

I agree 100%.

If Cummings doesn't want his combat pay, he should donate it to a disabled veteran.
If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#16 Jack Web

Jack Web

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

What is combat pay? I never heard of it

Where is it located on your LES?

#17 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

What is combat pay? I never heard of it

Where is it located on your LES?

I haven't seen an LES in about 30 years, so I couldn't tell you.

It is extra pay for serving in a combat zone.

It's probably called 'Hazardous duty pay' on the LES.
If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#18 MDvet

MDvet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Not sure when the author was at VBC, I was at VBC in 2007-2008.

While I was there at my camp, two contractors got killed by stray bullets, two confirmed hit by stray bullets that required medical care, a RPG hit a building (only the thick rook prevented hard to occupants).

VBC was probably no more dangerous than Baltimore City, but most of us were there because we are ordered to serve there.

As someone else pointed out, it is not "combat pay," rather "hazardous duty pay."

If the author wants to trade war stories, I was deployed to Kuwait in 1998 for three months, middle of the desert, no AC, temparture going up to130/140, got no "misery" pay.

#19 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,735 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Weren't they having this discussion during Vietnam, with those stationed in Da Nang or Saigon?

#20 Jack Web

Jack Web

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

No it’s called “Imminent Danger Pay” and any enlisted troops and warrant officers serving in a designated combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area receives the entitlement. And god bless all of them because they certainly deserve it

Any soldier that calls out another soldier’s metal as to where they served or what they did in the theater. I don’t want to serve with