Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fetching Mrs. Moon

"I know you didn't mean it this way but..."

21 posts in this topic

Why oh why do people say this and then procede to get themselves all worked up over the way I didn't mean it? :rolleyes:

Why oh why do people say this and then procede to get themselves all worked up over the way I didn't mean it? :rolleyes:

Is it something I said? :P

Just tell them,

"I meant what I said and I said what I meant,

TFMM's faithful 100 percent!" :D

Basically, it means that they were looking for something to get worked up about, and you or your statement, or whatever, happen to be targets of opportunity.

If they are so determined to find something to be upset about, I recommend that you move on. :)

Basically, it means that they were looking for something to get worked up about, and you or your statement, or whatever, happen to be targets of opportunity.

If they are so determined to find something to be upset about, I recommend that you move on. :)

^ ^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^ ^

But what about when I find something you said tremendously hilarious? Even though you didn't mean it the way my brain interpreted it, does it mean it's no longer funny? :confused:

:P

But what about when I find something you said tremendously hilarious? Even though you didn't mean it the way my brain interpreted it, does it mean it's no longer funny? :confused:

:P

That's entirely different. :P I'm always (well, almost) happy to make someone laugh. Even if it's at my expense.

Chances are I did mean it that way and you're just in shock. :)

That's entirely different. :P I'm always (well, almost) happy to make someone laugh. Even if it's at my expense.

whew! I just had to check! :D

I think if someone says "I know you didn't mean it this way," they are telling a lie. They really do think you meant it that way but they're trying to be "nice". Otherwise why bring it up at all?

Uh oh...what'd I say?:o

Oh, nothing recently... just covering my future outbursts. :D

Oh, nothing recently... just covering my future outbursts. :D

Whew. I thought maybe you were reading the violent youth thread for a minute there. :D

Whew. I thought maybe you were reading the violent youth thread for a minute there. :D

Simmer down you leftist! :rolleyes:

Words of wisdom as well as a nice thought.

And that's another thing! If you are losing an argument and decide that resorting to name calling is going to help further your cause for God knows what reason - at least spell your insults right for crying out loud! The only thing worse than name calling is badly spelled name calling. :D

And that's another thing! If you are losing an argument and decide that resorting to name calling is going to help further your cause for God knows what reason - at least spell your insults right for crying out loud! The only thing worse than name calling is badly spelled name calling. :D

That's garbadge! :mad:

Me and tinkums used to get red comments from a certain OM weatherman calling us garbadge back in the day....his nasty insults kind of missed their mark since we'd be laughing...he's also no spelling champ. :D

That's garbadge! :mad:

Me and tinkums used to get red comments from a certain OM weatherman calling us garbadge back in the day....his nasty insults kind of missed their mark since we'd be laughing...he's also no spelling champ. :D

I always wondered where that came from. :D