Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeemer

Best Restaurants in Carroll Co.

54 posts in this topic

Since my wife and I will soon be moving into the Sykesville area, and we love to eat out...

Name the best non-chain restaurants around!

I like Liberatores for Italian.

Habeeb's Kabobs is good.

There's a Thai food place (I can't remember the name) in the same shopping center as Habeeb's ...next to McDonalds.:)

Cobblestone Grill has good food.

Travel to Westminster and you have O'Lordan's Irish Pub and Johansson's across the street from each other.

Lot's of places to explore.

I like Liberatores for Italian.

Habeeb's Kabobs is good.

There's a Thai food place (I can't remember the name) in the same shopping center as Habeeb's ...next to McDonalds.:)

Cobblestone Grill has good food.

Travel to Westminster and you have O'Lordan's Irish Pub and Johansson's across the street from each other.

Lot's of places to explore.

the Thai restaurant is closed .......

Gotta say, I don't know how much I can help you in South Carroll.

My family is a big fan of Greenmount Station in Hampstead, but not sure if it's worth the drive from Sykesville.

My family is a big fan of Greenmount Station in Hampstead, but not sure if it's worth the drive from Sykesville.

We make the trek from Owings Mills....it's worth it! Greenmount Station has wonderful service and fantastic cream of crab and french onion soup. Well worth the drive.

We make the trek from Owings Mills....it's worth it! Greenmount Station has wonderful service and fantastic cream of crab and french onion soup. Well worth the drive.

Yeah, I get the french onion pretty much every time.

Plus, free kids meals!!!

Yeah, I get the french onion pretty much every time.

Plus, free kids meals!!!

If that's on 27... I've passed it many times and wondered whether the food is any good.

It is. Food is excellent. Watch for which state flag is flying when you go past. Each week is a different state and they will serve specials for that particular state.

It is. Food is excellent. Watch for which state flag is flying when you go past. Each week is a different state and they will serve specials for that particular state.
Thanks! Friend and I get together periodically to try restaurants; I'll put this one on the list.

Was it once called Quail Ridge Inn?

Non national chain, or non local chain? If you're okay with a local chain, check out New York J&P which has about six locations. One's in Taylorsville (you'll know where that is soon enough).

In Sykesville itself, I've enjoyed food prepared at E. W. Beck's

they have a J&P in south carroll but I prefer Frank's for pizza and subs ..........

folks around here are split :) ........

I ate at Beck's tonight ........

much, much better the past 2 years or so since keith started cooking there ......

he used to be the exec chef at the crab shanty and has expanded the menu, added tapas, etc.......

baldwin station in sykesville is really nice link .......

the county cork wine bar is a nice new addition to south carroll link .............

the sykesville art and wine festival is this sunday .........

a few miles south over the howard county line, bistro blanc is very nice link

as others have mentioned, Habibs, Cobblestone and Tony's are good ......

Edited by Eastside Terp