Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bensmotorcyclehelmet

Harco development

69 posts in this topic

The 30ft limit is easy to get around. First of all, it's the average height. They way they can compute the average boggles the mind.

I'll put my money on the money drying up.

It's usually the money.

It's been Tyveked so it's a real "pleasure" to look at.

I don't doubt there's some interesting math that can come into play. But this house is waay taller than anything around it. May have been hard for them to flim-flam the numbers too.

It's usually the money.

It's been Tyveked so it's a real "pleasure" to look at.

I don't doubt there's some interesting math that can come into play. But this house is waay taller than anything around it. May have been hard for them to flim-flam the numbers too.

They may have taken out a Home Equity loan and contracted the job themselves, and thats as far as the money took them. They probably went back to the bank for another shot, and the bank said sorry, your house isn't worth what it was 12 or 18 months ago. Unless your in the business, its hard to figure what a jobs gonna cost. Materials and labor adds up quick if you haven't done your homework.

I've heard he sold to family and that it's not a development, but don't know for sure.

Looks like pretty extensive site work going on. Pretty expensive too.

No access for you!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/harford/news/community/ph-ag-cutthrough-0722-20110721,0,2251062.story

Tollgate village and Bel Air Acres at odds on gated emergency access road.

I say attach a dirt road from Tollgate Acres to the Bel Air Bypass for emergency access al'la the landfill entrance during Farm-fair time. It ensures it's only used during emergencies OR by emergency personnel.

Hazzard Co. reminder-

Farm Fair is this weekend, don't even bother trying to drive up Tollgate Road! Access only for workers/participants.

No more adjacent parking. ALL Parking is offsite- at Bel Air, Fallston and Patterson Mill h/s for those going, with free shuttles all day.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/harford/news/community/ph-ag-farm-fair-begins-0727-20110727,0,2815326.story

Hazzard Co. reminder-

Farm Fair is this weekend, don't even bother trying to drive up Tollgate Road! Access only for workers/participants.

No more adjacent parking. ALL Parking is offsite- at Bel Air, Fallston and Patterson Mill h/s for those going, with free shuttles all day.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/harford/news/community/ph-ag-farm-fair-begins-0727-20110727,0,2815326.story

The new parking rules have really improved the ingress/egress - went to the store yesterday during the fair and had no problems. In the past it's been a nightmare for the local residents during fair time.

To the second issue about the tyvek house on Red Pump...sure seems to me there should be some sort of rule about just leaving a house half way under construction in the middle of a suburb - it affects the values of the surrounding properties and is a complete eyesore. How long should people have to look at that? There's another one like that near Harford Community College; across from the Campus Hill Shopping Center - been tyveked and left like that for even longer than the Red Pump house.

I'm just glad I don't reside within 10 miles of all that mess.

Come holiday season the traffic in that area will be even more hellish!

You think it's "fun" getting to I95 now.

Just wait...

:eek:

I don't go into the Bel Air/Abingdon area now, unless I have a Doctor or other appointment...

Christmas time, forget it. Not for love or money.

To open another can of worms. What has happened to Jones Junction?? I use to take my car there for service all the time and even though they may have been slightly higher I knew it would get done right. I also enjoyed the extras they did for me like replacing bulbs for free and repairing flats for free. But I recently went in there with my daughter's jeep and the whole service department has changed hands, they look at you like you have three heads and then take days to figure out what is wrong with your car. The service is horrible now. Did the original owner die or sell it off?? They took over the corner of Harford Rd and Rt 1 and everything they use to stand for went down the tubes. WILL NEVER use them again! But hey you can get a free manicure while you wait and wait and wait for your car.

Whats happening at the horse farm on 136? Is it a new development?

I haven't been down that way in a while.

cedar day hasnt started yet and traffic has been horrible at the ball park since the day it opened!

Yeah it's a new development going in on 136

Yeah it's a new development going in on 136

Thanks

Surprise...Surprise.

Sad