• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 mgofbmore

mgofbmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

My daughter completed the 2nd grade making the Principal's Honor. To celebrate my girlfriend and I took her to Uno's at the Harbor. I felt like I have never eaten real pizza. It took going there for me to realize that Pizza Hut and Papa John’s is not real pizza.
Playing The Blame Game Never Solves A Thing.

#2 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Take her to Matthew's Pizza on Eastern Avenue and make a true believer outta her!;)

#3 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Then head for Zio's in Gaithersburg for the best pizza in the state of MD.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Take her to Matthew's Pizza on Eastern Avenue and make a true believer outta her!;)

the good thing about Matthew's is that he can also intro his daughter to arrogant d-bags who will ignore her for as long as they can, then acknowledge her for the primay purpose of making her feel that she is a major inconvenience to them and they wish she would just leave and go to a restaurant where her business is appreciated.

it's good pizza, but I almost always choose to eat lesser pizza elsewhere, because of the horrible customer service every single time I've been there.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 Oriole-Bob

Oriole-Bob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

For a chain restaurant Bertucci's makes a pretty darn good pizza. Now for really really good pizza you gotta go to a place in Brooklyn under the bridge. But for real pizza you gotta go to Italy. So much amazing food in Italy that we really didn't eat much pizza though.

#6 mgofbmore

mgofbmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

For a chain restaurant Bertucci's makes a pretty darn good pizza. Now for really really good pizza you gotta go to a place in Brooklyn under the bridge. But for real pizza you gotta go to Italy. So much amazing food in Italy that we really didn't eat much pizza though.

Well maybe once she gets that scholarship to an Ivory League school, we will make that rip
Playing The Blame Game Never Solves A Thing.

#7 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Pizza in Italy is like eating pizza for the first time because it's the first time you've eaten "real pizza".

For my money, John's Pizza on Bleeker in NYC is the best I've had. Otherwise, I like J&P Pizza in Carroll and Frederick Counties and wood-fired pizza pretty much anywhere.

#8 Toon Face

Toon Face

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

I dont eat pizza at seafood places

#9 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

the good thing about Matthew's is that he can also intro his daughter to arrogant d-bags who will ignore her for as long as they can, then acknowledge her for the primay purpose of making her feel that she is a major inconvenience to them and they wish she would just leave and go to a restaurant where her business is appreciated.

it's good pizza, but I almost always choose to eat lesser pizza elsewhere, because of the horrible customer service every single time I've been there.

Damn, Boo! Sorry to hear it. Peircings? Tatoos all over your body?

#10 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

better yet drive to Connecticut and give her some white clam pizza from Pepe's

#11 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

better yet drive to Connecticut and give her some white clam pizza from Pepe's

White Clam? That sounds nastier that Pappa John's new crab pizza. I am not sure if seafood belongs on a pizza (anchovies included):eek:

#12 lanaloo

lanaloo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

My daughter completed the 2nd grade making the Principal's Honor. To celebrate my girlfriend and I took her to Uno's at the Harbor. I felt like I have never eaten real pizza. It took going there for me to realize that Pizza Hut and Papa John’s is not real pizza.

piggybacking off your burger thread - you can do worse than pasta mista right over where Five Guys is in that strip mall across from the 1st Mariner building.

Matthews is good, real good, but it's overrated. generally speaking, Baltimore lacks truly legit pizza options. it likes to think it doesn't, but boy does it.

just go up to Philly to notice the difference. and then make it up to Brooklyn and cry your way back home.

;)

#13 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

If you can't get to Italy, where the pizza is amazing and eaten with a knife and fork on tables with linen...or NYC where the best of the best is available for the ingredients.....try "Vinny's" in Dundalk on Holabird Ave. or "Squire's" also on Holabird Ave.

Both have good Pizza for this area.

#14 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

not a fan of Squires, at all.

Matthews is good in it's own way, but it is not NYC style pizza. You can also get it at DeSantis' in Perry Hall.

Like was mentioned, John's on Bleeker in NYC (or Times Square) or Lombardis is the best. Haven't tried Pepes yet.

Italian Sensations is pretty good (Fallston, Bel Air, soon to be Perry Hall). Also Sapore Di Mare in Joppatown.

There's a little place on the corner in Little Italy that's pretty good. Can't remember the name, but it's pretty much the only casual place there.

Gil's on Belair Rd.

Pasta Mista (Canton, Timonium, Towson), Franks (Overlea), and Italian Bistro (Perring & Joppa) are all decent as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#15 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,817 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Must leave this thread immediately. Puddle of drool on my chair.
I'm a Legend in Japan

#16 Rather B. Winning

Rather B. Winning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

The best was at DeNitti's (Spelling?) in Little Italy, but they've been closed for many a moon now.

Recently we've been liking Spataro's in Shrewsbury. The place that used to be there was terrible, but this guy puts together a pretty nice pie.

#17 Thunder7

Thunder7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

Gotta go with Pizza John's in Middle River.

#18 ichy

ichy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Isabella's in Little Italy has amazing pizza.
"My only problem with the death penalty is that we don't use it enough."

-State Senator Richard F. Colburn

"You should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!"

-Anton LaVey

#19 The Eternal White Belt

The Eternal White Belt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

I still (and always will) love me some Ledo's and Three Brothers pizza.

And yes, I have been to Italy and had good pizza there. I have also had crap pizza there too. They have fast food places that serve pizza like Ellios (i.e. school cafeteria pizza).

Honestly the best pizza I've ever had is probably a place called Basic in San Diego.

#20 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,389 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Grew up in Baltimore, spent three years in Philly, moved north to Harford County, and made over a hundred trips to Jersey in recent years... and I've never had a slice of pizza ANYWHERE that I'd go out of the way for. ;)

Seriously... someone from New Jersey... explain to me what the difference is? I've heard a million times... oh, you can't get pizza like we have in New Jersey ANYWHERE else. Fair enough. I've tried it there many times... and there really isn't a jaw-dropping difference to me anywhere. Some are good, some are bad. What is my pizza palette not picking up on???
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users