Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgofbmore

Real Pizza

83 posts in this topic

Bertucci's Margherita neapolitan pizza is pretty good. For a standard pie in this area, it's Gil's for me.

Try adding ricotta to it once ;)

My favorite is the Lestina. It's off the menu, but they'll still make it...roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, sage, fresh rosemary, fresh mozz. Supposed to come w/mushrooms, but I get it without.

Nothing comes close to Domino's Hawaiian thin crust.

Nothing.

/thread.

LOL. You got that right...

Nothing come's close to a pile of dog crap on a cracker either.

Nothing .

/end thread.

If you haven't seen this clip re: NY pizza from The Daily Show, watch and learn...

What makes the pizza at Mac's in Wildwood so special? What set the Laguardia area pizza apart from everything else? Sauce? Cheese? Toppings? Alcohol?

I can't tell you what makes it so good, but they have 3 locations on a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk and all 3 of them are crowded most of the time....that's on a boardwalk that has a pizza joint every 20 feet...go figure.

Bertuccis used to make a shrimp scampi pizza that was to die for. Shrimp, garlic lemon cream sauce, diced tomatoes, with fresh parsley and olive oil on top. Served with lemon wedges. Delicious. They now have the Shrimp Bella Venezia which is halfway decent, but not as good as the old scampi.

And their clam pizzas were best sellers. They used to have a red and a white.

Yuck. Hate the pizza. Love your avitar.B)

I can't tell you what makes it so good, but they have 3 locations on a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk and all 3 of them are crowded most of the time....that's on a boardwalk that has a pizza joint every 20 feet...go figure.

Off to "Jeresy" for a week!!!! First stop Mack's.

Has anyone tried Chazz's yet??

BALTIMORE -- An Oscar-nominated actor who always wanted a restaurant is making his dream come true in Baltimore -- slice by slice.

Little did actor Chazz Palminteri know that his dream would bring a taste of the Bronx to Baltimore. Come June 23, Chazz will open in Harbor East.

"I've always wanted to do the food from the Bronx and just bring it to other places," Palminteri said.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/entertainment/28175613/detail.html#ixzz1RpT8Uhye

Oh, and Pat's has great pizza too!

http://patsfamilyrestaurant.com/?go=locate&state=md

I was at Vinny's in Dundalk and they have this amazing 30" pie...that's right.. it's a full 30" diameter. One slice overhangs a standard dish.

I haven't tried it but the people eating it at the next table seemed to be enjoying themselves...taking pics of it and sending them via I-pod to friends.

It's really big....did I mention it's really big.

I was at Vinny's in Dundalk and they have this amazing 30" pie...that's right.. it's a full 30" diameter. One slice overhangs a standard dish.

I haven't tried it but the people eating it at the next table seemed to be enjoying themselves...taking pics of it and sending them via I-pod to friends.

It's really big....did I mention it's really big.

mmmm their thick crust is really good. And I love their breadsticks. Huge portions and great service.

Off to "Jeresy" for a week!!!! First stop Mack's.

I went to wildwood for the first time, my wife used to go alot when she was younger, Mack's was definately some good pizza, but I have to ask, is sam's better, because i saw lines for that place.

I went to wildwood for the first time, my wife used to go alot when she was younger, Mack's was definately some good pizza, but I have to ask, is sam's better, because i saw lines for that place.

I like Mack's...Sam's is good too.

I have been going to Mack's Pizza since I was a kid. It's now on our vacation bucket list every year.

I hope you enjoyed Wildwood?

The wife and I made some pizzas on our grill the other night. Among the best pizza I've ever had, and I've had some good pizza.

I hope you enjoyed Wildwood?

I did....cheaper than OC..and I had a blast introducing the beach and the ocean to my 18 month old....she had so much fun when I took her in the waves. The boardwalk is bigger and it had alot more rides than OC...my only gripe is some of the people that are there...I was waiting behind a SUV to take a left, and after he went I tried to follow beating the oncoming traffic, till i saw people using the crosswalk at the last second, I studdered and then just hit the gas to get out of there way, and this dude hocks a loogy on my car...ooohhhh I was steamed, but i guess that could happen anywhere...just a little more frequent with the Philly bretheren, but other than that, it seemed more geared toward family, so we will be returning next year.

The Red Zebra pizza at the Sunday Baltimore Farmer's Market is very tasty.

Yes, there is pizza at the Farmer's Market. It's not in the original market site, it's in the extended lot, near the delicious granola, superfresh salsa and juicy peaches.

Gotta go with Pizza John's in Middle River.

Took your advice. First time there tonight. The kids did not like the pizza. I was not all that impressed (sauce WAY too sweet) but, I will say this:

I would be proud to have a pizza establishment like that in my neighborhood. The life-sized pizza guy out front was enough, but the place was PACKED! It obviously hits home with the locals and they LOVE it.

I am still trying to figure out the economics of having self pick-up at the counter wioth no table service, but 10 people standing around waiting to bus your table, but, hey, if it ain't broke................................

John's Pizza near Times Square was just OK when I was there a few weeks ago.

Pepe's in New Haven? I plan to make a special trip there from D.C., just for the white clam pizza!

Pepe's in New Haven? I plan to make a special trip there from D.C., just for the white clam pizza!

that one's on my list too ......

They have a Pizza Johns coupon, it's a hundred dollar coupon for seventy nine dollars.

NY pizza is the best. Pontillo's Pizza has 10 stores in Western NY and when I visit I eat there. Pizza in an oven is the best, no rolling heating machines.