• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 The Eternal White Belt

The Eternal White Belt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

Grew up in Baltimore, spent three years in Philly, moved north to Harford County, and made over a hundred trips to Jersey in recent years... and I've never had a slice of pizza ANYWHERE that I'd go out of the way for. ;)

Seriously... someone from New Jersey... explain to me what the difference is? I've heard a million times... oh, you can't get pizza like we have in New Jersey ANYWHERE else. Fair enough. I've tried it there many times... and there really isn't a jaw-dropping difference to me anywhere. Some are good, some are bad. What is my pizza palette not picking up on???

Reminds me of the episode of the office when Michael goes to his "favorite" pizza place in New York City - the Sbarro in Times Sqaure.

#22 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,584 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Damn, Boo! Sorry to hear it. Peircings? Tatoos all over your body?

no, do you think that would help? :D
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#23 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

no, do you think that would help? :D

Prolly not. Sorry to hear you had bad service. I would say it was an off-night, but...........................................

#24 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Grew up in Baltimore, spent three years in Philly, moved north to Harford County, and made over a hundred trips to Jersey in recent years... and I've never had a slice of pizza ANYWHERE that I'd go out of the way for. ;)

Seriously... someone from New Jersey... explain to me what the difference is? I've heard a million times... oh, you can't get pizza like we have in New Jersey ANYWHERE else. Fair enough. I've tried it there many times... and there really isn't a jaw-dropping difference to me anywhere. Some are good, some are bad. What is my pizza palette not picking up on???

I like Mack's Pizza on the boardwalk in Wildwood....

Edited by Dem-Dar-Hills, 08 July 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#25 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,974 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

Reminds me of the episode of the office when Michael goes to his "favorite" pizza place in New York City - the Sbarro in Times Sqaure.

Sbarro pizza always tasted like pumpkin to me. I wish I knew why. I haven't had it in prob 10 yrs though. Im curious if it still tastes like that to me.
I'm a Legend in Japan

#26 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Gotta go with Pizza John's in Middle River.

I agree.

#27 Mister Big

Mister Big

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,210 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

2-3 times a year, I drive up from DC to eat Matthew's pizza. Love it.
"Everybody wants to go to heaven; nobody wants to die." -- Willie Bacote

#28 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

Until you've had Zios in Gaithersburg, you're just eating cardboard with ketchup. Nothing better in the entire state.

Frank's in Eldersburg is probably #2.

#29 mgofbmore

mgofbmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Until you've had Zios in Gaithersburg, you're just eating cardboard with ketchup. Nothing better in the entire state.

Frank's in Eldersburg is probably #2.

Even Uno's. Damn that was some good cardboard. :D:D:D
Playing The Blame Game Never Solves A Thing.

#30 ichy

ichy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,337 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

The whole NY/NJ pizza thing is a load of crap. Like so many things about NY, their pizza is overrated.
"My only problem with the death penalty is that we don't use it enough."

-State Senator Richard F. Colburn

"You should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!"

-Anton LaVey

#31 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

This is the best thread I've read in a long time. Enjoyable.

#32 Up2DaRack

Up2DaRack

Largo al Factotum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,372 posts
  • LocationRight here! Sheesh!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

better yet drive to Connecticut and give her some white clam pizza from Pepe's

I grew up about 15 minutes from Pepe's. Dang, my mouth is watering just thinking about one of their pies...
  • There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, therefore it is good"; the other says, "This is new, therefore it is better." (W.R. Inge)
  • Talent is God-given - be humble. Fame is man-given - be thankful. Conceit is self-given - be careful. (John Wooden)

#33 babylinux

babylinux

Much beloved member of SunSpot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,447 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

The whole NY/NJ pizza thing is a load of crap. Like so many things about NY, their pizza is overrated.

NJ is Hot Dog land, Pizza is NY/Conn

#34 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

White Clam? That sounds nastier that Pappa John's new crab pizza. I am not sure if seafood belongs on a pizza (anchovies included):eek:

Papa John's has a crab pizza?

I've had crab on pizza before - although I can't remember the name of the place now. If done right, it can be really good. Not sure if I'd trust Papa Johns to pull that off, but I might have to try one just out of curiosity.

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#35 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

yep, saw some ad and a flyer that came in the mail.

#36 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,638 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Take her to Matthew's Pizza on Eastern Avenue and make a true believer outta her!;)

There's no substitute for Matthew's. :)
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#37 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,937 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

A little place called McShane's in Belcamp had "crab dip pizza" on their menu for a while. Crab dip with a little shredded cheese on a pizza crust... it was pretty good. Of course, I think they removed it from their offerings... probably because it was pretty good. :)
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#38 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

There's no substitute for Matthew's. :)

There really isn't:)

I am sorry to hear some people got terrible service there. We have waiting a long time before, but perfection takes time!:D

#39 barrysanders20

barrysanders20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Seriously... someone from New Jersey... explain to me what the difference is? I've heard a million times... oh, you can't get pizza like we have in New Jersey ANYWHERE else.

It's the sewer water that they make the dough with.

#40 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,076 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Bertucci's Margherita neapolitan pizza is pretty good. For a standard pie in this area, it's Gil's for me.

But nothing beats a great pie from NYC. I don't know the place, but it was around La Guardia and they made 20" pies that were absolutely stunning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users