• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,964 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

What makes the pizza at Mac's in Wildwood so special? What set the Laguardia area pizza apart from everything else? Sauce? Cheese? Toppings? Alcohol?
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#42 ravenatorthree

ravenatorthree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

some of the worst pizza i've ever had,was yesterday dominicks in perryhall. chuckee cheese is better!!

#43 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

some of the worst pizza i've ever had,was yesterday dominicks in perryhall. chuckee cheese is better!!

And some of the best pizza I've had was at the Dominick's in Parkville. Go figure.

#44 ravenatorthree

ravenatorthree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

maybe because they bought 15, dominicks just threw them together? who knows but it was't good..

#45 thinking_man

thinking_man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

Then head for Zio's in Gaithersburg for the best pizza in the state of MD.

Zio's rocks! :)

#46 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Zio's rocks! :)

Finally, someone who ventured beyond the cardboard-covered-with-ketchup Baltimore area pizza shops, and has discovered what the best actually taste like.

:D

#47 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,250 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

What makes the pizza at Mac's in Wildwood so special? What set the Laguardia area pizza apart from everything else? Sauce? Cheese? Toppings? Alcohol?

First off, you have to love thin crust pizza. The crust was so thin on that pie you certainly needed two hands and had to fold it, yet it was just slightly crisp on the bottom and nice and crispy on the edge. The sauce was superb, as was the cheese and spices. They say the NY water makes the crust special. I believe 'em.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#48 dogstarman

dogstarman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

This is going to sound heretical to some but there is no such thing as "real pizza". Pizza has many forms and flavors. It would not be fair to single one out over another as the "true" pizza.

If you like thin crust, this is basically "Neopolitan style": Iggies, Joe-squared
If you like thick crust: Mathews.
If you like everything in-between: A huge number of neighborhood places.

Finally, really good neighborhood pizza guys CAN actually accommodate your desires to the letter if you simply tell them what you want out of your pizza.

#49 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

This is going to sound heretical to some but there is no such thing as "real pizza". Pizza has many forms and flavors. It would not be fair to single one out over another as the "true" pizza.

If you like thin crust, this is basically "Neopolitan style": Iggies, Joe-squared
If you like thick crust: Mathews.
If you like everything in-between: A huge number of neighborhood places.

Finally, really good neighborhood pizza guys CAN actually accommodate your desires to the letter if you simply tell them what you want out of your pizza.

True but any long time local establishment is probably closer to real pizza than the big chains such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns

#50 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

White Clam? That sounds nastier that Pappa John's new crab pizza. I am not sure if seafood belongs on a pizza (anchovies included):eek:

Bertuccis used to make a shrimp scampi pizza that was to die for. Shrimp, garlic lemon cream sauce, diced tomatoes, with fresh parsley and olive oil on top. Served with lemon wedges. Delicious. They now have the Shrimp Bella Venezia which is halfway decent, but not as good as the old scampi.

And their clam pizzas were best sellers. They used to have a red and a white.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#51 ch24

ch24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Bertucci's Margherita neapolitan pizza is pretty good. For a standard pie in this area, it's Gil's for me.

Try adding ricotta to it once ;)

My favorite is the Lestina. It's off the menu, but they'll still make it...roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, sage, fresh rosemary, fresh mozz. Supposed to come w/mushrooms, but I get it without.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Wouldn't take much for me to up and run.....to another life somewhere in the sun....."-Kenny Chesney

#52 R-1

R-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Nothing comes close to Domino's Hawaiian thin crust.

Nothing.

/thread.

#53 golgo

golgo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

LOL. You got that right...

Nothing come's close to a pile of dog crap on a cracker either.

Nothing .

/end thread.
"Meditation is terrific and all, but I've never heard of it saving anyone from a gang rape type situation."

"Lance Stephenson is like a supermodel with herpes"

#54 R-1

R-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Word up brah.

#55 kaneforgov

kaneforgov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

If you haven't seen this clip re: NY pizza from The Daily Show, watch and learn...

http://www.hulu.com/...d?from=fb_share

#56 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

I can't tell you what makes it so good, but they have 3 locations on a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk and all 3 of them are crowded most of the time....that's on a boardwalk that has a pizza joint every 20 feet...go figure.

#57 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

Bertuccis used to make a shrimp scampi pizza that was to die for. Shrimp, garlic lemon cream sauce, diced tomatoes, with fresh parsley and olive oil on top. Served with lemon wedges. Delicious. They now have the Shrimp Bella Venezia which is halfway decent, but not as good as the old scampi.

And their clam pizzas were best sellers. They used to have a red and a white.

Yuck. Hate the pizza. Love your avitar.:cool:

#58 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

I can't tell you what makes it so good, but they have 3 locations on a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk and all 3 of them are crowded most of the time....that's on a boardwalk that has a pizza joint every 20 feet...go figure.

Off to "Jeresy" for a week!!!! First stop Mack's.

Edited by Dem-Dar-Hills, 08 July 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#59 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

Has anyone tried Chazz's yet??

BALTIMORE -- An Oscar-nominated actor who always wanted a restaurant is making his dream come true in Baltimore -- slice by slice.

Little did actor Chazz Palminteri know that his dream would bring a taste of the Bronx to Baltimore. Come June 23, Chazz will open in Harbor East.

"I've always wanted to do the food from the Bronx and just bring it to other places," Palminteri said.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.co...l#ixzz1RpT8Uhye

Oh, and Pat's has great pizza too!
http://patsfamilyres...locate&state=md
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#60 Dem-Dar-Hills

Dem-Dar-Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I was at Vinny's in Dundalk and they have this amazing 30" pie...that's right.. it's a full 30" diameter. One slice overhangs a standard dish.
I haven't tried it but the people eating it at the next table seemed to be enjoying themselves...taking pics of it and sending them via I-pod to friends.
It's really big....did I mention it's really big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users