Photo
- - - - -

Neighborhoods that used to be nice to live in.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Han Solo

Han Solo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Randallstown

Owings Mills

Pikesville (getting worse every week)

To name a few.

What a shame.

#2 ravenatorthree

ravenatorthree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

milton, jefferson st. area. now war zone

#3 Sandybaltimore

Sandybaltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

highlantown use to be a great place at one time

#4 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

many of the neighborhoods in City Paper's Murder Ink column when they were white

http://citypaper.com/news/murderink

#5 yaknowmay

yaknowmay

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

IS IT any coincidence that all of the neighborhoods that are and will be named here are all on the bus lines, and accept section 8 :eek:....CRIME, NEIGHBORHOOD DECLINE, bus lines, and section 8 all seem to go hand, and hand....if you want to escape "THE PLANET OF THE 8,s" .....move off of the MTA BUS LINE, and do your research on section 8 homes and apartments in the area.....it worked for my family, and it could work for yours......and im BLACK :eek:.....so dont even go there....literally. ;)

#6 Ravensroost

Ravensroost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

I lived in Govans. Used to sail sailboats in the wading pool at Dewees Rec center and have Gala Day at the elementary school. Used to have a great pit ham sandwich at the Stadium lounge on 33rd and Greenmount on the way to Colts games. My brother still lives in Govans. It ain't so bad on his street but York Road south of Belvedere is pretty ugly.

My Grandmother lived in Hamilton. Loved going to the Arcade to see a movie, now long since closed. Used to have local bands play summer concerts at Herring Run park. Still have friends in Hamilton. Parts of it are still okay.
Visit your heroes at the Sports Legends museum :cool:
Preserve Baltimore's sports legacy - before it fades away!

http://www.baberuthm...xhibits/slmacy/

#7 ravenatorthree

ravenatorthree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

yaknowmay couldn't have said it better.

#8 BS21213

BS21213

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Randallstown

Owings Mills

Pikesville (getting worse every week)

To name a few.

What a shame.

Do tell Han, what changed about them that they are not nice anymore?

#9 NOTAGUNNUT

NOTAGUNNUT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Do tell Han, what changed about them that they are not nice anymore?

If you grew up in Randallstown in the 60's, and 70's like I did you know what was there then that is not there now.

I could ride my bicycle to school, leave it in the bike rack outside the school...UNLOCKED... and never give a thought as to whether it would be there when school let out. Try that today! Same with going to the store, or even the movies. I rode the same bicycle for 8 frome age 8 to 16 years and never owned a bike lock for it.

------------------------------------------

Taxation. Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

The Democratic party... Blame you can believe in!

dude: you gonna vote?

Me: yeah but not for Obama.

dude: you racist bro?

Me: No, I just dont like Democrats.

dude: Whats a Democrat?

#10 Han Solo

Han Solo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

If you grew up in Randallstown in the 60's, and 70's like I did you know what was there then that is not there now.

I could ride my bicycle to school, leave it in the bike rack outside the school...UNLOCKED... and never give a thought as to whether it would be there when school let out. Try that today! Same with going to the store, or even the movies. I rode the same bicycle for 8 frome age 8 to 16 years and never owned a bike lock for it.

I also grew up there around the same time. From what I hear about and see on the tube from time to time, it now doesn't seem as safe as it once was.

#11 NOTAGUNNUT

NOTAGUNNUT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I also grew up there around the same time. From what I hear about and see on the tube from time to time, it now doesn't seem as safe as it once was.

If you get 1/4 mile away from Liberty Road almost anywhere along there it hasn't changed much.;)

------------------------------------------

Taxation. Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

The Democratic party... Blame you can believe in!

dude: you gonna vote?

Me: yeah but not for Obama.

dude: you racist bro?

Me: No, I just dont like Democrats.

dude: Whats a Democrat?

#12 oldlady

oldlady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

Some of my childhood was spent in Edmondson Heights. We could walk to Charing Cross shopping center or Korvette's without a care in the world. My dad would drop us off at the Edmondson Village Theater for a Saturday movie and pick us up afterward with no worries.

#13 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

highlantown use to be a great place at one time

Yo me crié en Highlandtown. Solíamos ir al Gran Teatro para ver películas. Jugué béisbol en Patterson Park. Era un lugar muy bonito, cuando yo era un niño. Me pregunto qué pasó allí?

#14 redd05

redd05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Many parts of Harford County before Middle River, Essex and East Baltimore City moved up there.

#15 Toon Face

Toon Face

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

all of them :(

#16 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

Roland Park

#17 Tristan

Tristan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:25 AM

Foot of Broadway.

Locust Point

Canton

#18 Ravensroost

Ravensroost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

Foot of Broadway.

Locust Point

Canton

Locust point is still pretty cool. My Dad, who grew up there when the place was full of Bohunks, Poles, Czechs, Germans and many other European immigrants, always says that he is very proud that it bears no red flags on the City's murder list (maybe one now) . I have been down there on numerous ocassions recently. The yuppies have largely replaced the old schoolers but pretty much all of South Baltimore is a decent place to live. There are always a few bad spots however.
Visit your heroes at the Sports Legends museum :cool:
Preserve Baltimore's sports legacy - before it fades away!

http://www.baberuthm...xhibits/slmacy/

#19 Eastsider

Eastsider

Si vis bellum para pacem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Baltimore County had a lot of great neighborhoods until the MTA moved outside of the city. Once that happened the once great neighborhoods died and became overcome with crime.

#20 yaknowmay

yaknowmay

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

DISCLAIMER: :o....and in no way, shape, or form is this directed at any certain group. AS we all know dysfunction comes in all race, religion, and gender. ITS not who lives next door to you, its how they live next door to you :o.....SO lets be clear here:....no particular group gets a pass, or gets the blame for decline of quality of life here.....no way !!......WERE pointing the fingers here where they should be pointed....at our CORRUPT POLITICIANS and GOVERNMENTS :eek: :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users