Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Han Solo

Favorite on-screen couples

62 posts in this topic

Richard Burton & Claire Bloom in "The Spy Who Came in From the Cold" (1965).

"Don't tell me you're a bloody communist!"

"Yes."

"Oh, Nan ..."

Bogart, and Bacall:cool:

they've never been topped as an onscreen couple... EVER!

They don't make them like that anymore.

Link

Slim: You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow.

:)

John Steed and Emma Peel

Now there's a memory worth recalling. Mrs, Peel, that is. But I was never sure they were really a couple in the true sense of the word. Though they did drink a lot of bubbly together, as I recall. But John just brought Mrs. Peel (she was always Mrs. Peel to him, which made me think there was a Mr. Peel somewhere off screen...or that I just wasn't in on the joke) in whenever he needed her to kick the snot out of some badman. :D

Tracy & Hepburn? They never had an off screen romance(that anyone knows about) to add to the on screen chemestry.

UH, yes they did and people knew about it. Had he not been a guilt ridden Catholic, he'd have divorced his wife and married Katherine.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/30/1056825331066.html

The most dignified romance in Hollywood was a delightful exchange, and somehow it captured the spirit of the two people and their long relationship - Hepburn's ebullient enthusiasm, Tracy's earthy realism. Their love affair had been going on for more than a quarter of a century, and yet the press seemed to look the other way. ........

"When Tracy, already troubled by a weakened heart, went to Berlin to shoot Stanley Kramer's Judgment at Nuremberg, Hepburn went along as nursemaid. A friend who worked for Kramer said that during the shooting, the limo would pick up Kramer and Tracy in front of the hotel every morning then drive around to the service entrance at the rear. Hepburn would dash into the limo and they would all drive off to the location. At the end of the day the limo would stop at the service entrance and Hepburn would dash into the hotel; the limo would proceed to the front entrance, and Kramer and Tracy would emerge............

There have been Hollywood romances, love affairs conducted in public for as long as they lasted, but not, I think, in the long history of the town has there been anything to equal the passion, the perseverance and the dignity of Katharine Hepburn's love for Spencer Tracy

Richard Gere & Julia Roberts (in a couple of movies)

William Hurt & Kathleen Turner were pretty steamy in Body Heat.

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, they had a spark that transcended the movie scripts.

Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards.

Somehow I just can't see Matt Dillon having any part in my fantasies concerning the other two. I suppose I’m being selfish but I can’t help but imagine it as bullmikey, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards, and…oh, yeah… maybe one of those “Do Not Disturb” signs to hang outside the door. :D