• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

The old man always had quality produce where the son had many time sub standard. I remember the father would tell me he bought in the off season at the produce market in Jessup and would only buy quality . There were many times he said he passed on out dated stuff and old stuff. The son or young guy, I think was named Dabby or something like that and he always had bad stuff on the racks and his help went from competent to beauty if you get my drift.

#22 ApacheDakota

ApacheDakota

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

The old man always had quality produce where the son had many time sub standard. I remember the father would tell me he bought in the off season at the produce market in Jessup and would only buy quality . There were many times he said he passed on out dated stuff and old stuff. The son or young guy, I think was named Dabby or something like that and he always had bad stuff on the racks and his help went from competent to beauty if you get my drift.

You are confusing Harold's Produce with Dabby's Produce. Dabby's Produce was on joppa rd near old harford rd.

#23 Syn

Syn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

This was one of the first places I shopped at for a Christmas tree with my husband the first year we were married.  There was a Harold's Produce on Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie.  Growing up we always bought our tree there once my day remarried and we lived in Glen Burnie.  Before that, we shopped for a tree in Pasadena or my grandfather would find one in Baltimore City before he came home from work.

I really miss the Harold's here.  Things did appear to be on the downward slope just before it closed.  Now it's just an empty lot.  Even the Salvation Army store that was next door has been demolished.

#24 George VII

George VII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

I know this is old news by now, but I just saw this thread for the first time.  The plan is for a Gavigan's Furniture store to be built there.

http://www.baltimore...0818-story.html

Over the years, you could definitely tell there was a change in the quality at Harold's.  Acme was pretty much across the street and this little stand survived quite well.  It is a shame the management changed, and for the worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users