Photo
- - - - -

Members of Bush Admin Say Cheney Is A Liar !

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
151 replies to this topic

#1 georjec2

georjec2

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,842 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is the third senior official from President George W. Bush's administration to accuse **** Cheney of lying in his new memoir, "In My Time."

Rice told Reuters in an interview Wednesday that she "kept the president fully and completely informed about every 'in and out' of the negotiations with the North Koreans," countering the former vice president's assertion that Rice misled the president about nuclear diplomacy with North Korea

Will anyone defend Cheney ? How can anyone believe his book if former colleagues are saying he is liar ?

Before this thread fills up with Obama is a liar and the usual tit for tat lets keep this relevant by only including Obama administration members who say Obama is lying. That way we hopefully can stay on topic which is... Cheney is, was and will continue to be a liar. Or he is exhibiting the middle stages of senility.

How Bush slipped Cheney in on us is a mystery few if any can recall. However I believe that because of Cheney no presidential candidate will be able to slip another like him pass the electorate again.

Remember...there are more than enough threads here about Obama. Let's see how long we can keep this one about Cheney. Who will be the first to break...will it be you ??? ;)

http://news.yahoo.co...-184246840.html

#2 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,469 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

How can Cheney's brain possibly be normal?
He hasn't had a real pulse for years, kept alive by the wonders of modern science.
With all due respect to someone who thought for decades he was doing the right thing...
...he's a known liar and a war criminal.
NOTHING he says can be mistaken for "the truth", except by random chance.
Put him on the table under a glass cover; he's done.

#3 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,916 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

I hear Cheney is afraid of being prosecuted for war crimes, which is why he is acting out now.
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#4 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

Cheney isn't a moron, therefore he has no fear of being prosecuted for war crimes.

#5 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,916 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Let's see, never-right Dave A. versus an insider who knew Cheney for decades. Gosh, let me decide who has more credibility. :rolleyes:

Ex-Powell aide: **** Cheney fears prosecution for war crimes '
http://today.msnbc.m...y/#.Tl_3h5gytJk

"I think he's just trying to, one, assert himself so he's not in some subsequent time period tried for war crimes and, second, so that he somehow vindicates himself because he feels like he needs vindication. That in itself tells you something about him," he added.

"He's developed an angst and almost a protective cover, and now he fears being tried as a war criminal so he uses such terminology as 'exploding heads all over Washington' because that's the way someone who's decided he's not going to be prosecuted acts: boldly, let's get out in front of everybody, let's act like we are not concerned and so forth when in fact they are covering up their own fear that somebody will Pinochet him," Wilkerson added.

Wilkerson claimed in the interview that Cheney might be suffering from "angst" as, unlike Wilkerson and others in the administration, he did not serve in Vietnam War, receiving deferments instead.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

#6 mellow fellow

mellow fellow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Obama is a liar as are all the other clowns in his administration

#7 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Let's see, never-right Dave A. versus one of Powell's aides from that period. Gosh, let me decide who has more credibility.

Ex-Powell aide: **** Cheney fears prosecution for war crimes '
http://today.msnbc.m...y/#.Tl_3h5gytJk

As I said, Cheney isn't a moron, therefore he isn't afraid of being tried for war crimes.

Let's see, out of me and this 'aide' only one of us was eviscerated by Cheney in his book.

LOL. Good old squiddly and her fallacial arguments. They never get old.

#8 Realistic767

Realistic767

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,214 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

He's a NeoCon.

Surprised? Really?
He that lives upon HOPE will die fasting.
-- Ben Franklin

#9 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,916 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

It's so funny to watch righties scramble to defend someone proven as odious as Cheney.

They just have no principles.
~George Washington

#10 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,063 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

As I said, Cheney isn't a moron, therefore he isn't afraid of being tried for war crimes.

Let's see, out of me and this 'aide' only one of us was eviscerated by Cheney in his book.

Fallacial? Know what you mean but fairly sure that isn't a word?

#11 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,063 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

A puzzlement:

Bush assigned Cheney the job of vetting various for the job of VP. Cheney, after what I am sure was exhaustive research, recommended himself for the job. Bush took the recommendation.

So here's the question: who looks like a bigger **** (no pun intended) in this situation? I really can't decide.

#12 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

It's so funny to watch righties scramble to defend someone proven as odious as Cheney.

They just have no principles.

It's so much funnier to listen to lefties screech nonsense in an attempt to distract people from the abject failure of their ideology in practice.

They just have no shame.

#13 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Fallacial? Know what you mean but fairly sure that isn't a word?

You're right, it isn't.

#14 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

How was Wilkerson eviscerated by Cheney in his book?
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#15 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

A puzzlement:

Bush assigned Cheney the job of vetting various for the job of VP. Cheney, after what I am sure was exhaustive research, recommended himself for the job. Bush took the recommendation.

So here's the question: who looks like a bigger **** (no pun intended) in this situation? I really can't decide.

Well Cheney claims he was asked and refused to be considered before he became charged with finding nominee, then was convinced to accept the role at the end. But with much of Cheney's (and many people's) memoir I am sure he is going to 'remember' things in a way that is more flattering or less damaging than what actually occurred.

#16 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

His boss was, and by extension he was.

The idea that an unbiased Wilkerson is reading Cheney's mind is a whole lot less believable than the idea that the angry Wilkerson is taking a shot at the evil guy that publicly took a shot at his boss. Regardless, the war crime claim is nonsense, obviously. And even if it weren't, Cheney's supposedly lying 'memoir' wouldn't be any relief from the charges, which makes Wilkerson sound like a bitter idiot (with that specific claim; the rest of what he said is sensible in terms of Cheney's reasons).

It isn't like this just started. Wilkerson has called Cheney 'evil' in the past, so I think we know where he stands.

#17 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,916 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

He wasn't, Dave A. is lying again.

LOL. Caught in the act for the thousandth time.
~George Washington

#18 Dave A.

Dave A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

He wasn't, Dave A. is lying again.

LOL. Caught in the act for the thousandth time.

Yeah, pointing out your clownish claims are 'lies', and I have indeed 'lied' a thousand times, probably more.

#19 OnlyTheTruth

OnlyTheTruth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Cheney isn't a moron, therefore he has no fear of being prosecuted for war crimes.

He has money. Lots of money and political clout. Put it all together and it means he has a "get out of jail free" card.

#20 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

His boss was, and by extension he was.

The idea that an unbiased Wilkerson is reading Cheney's mind is a whole lot less believable than the idea that the angry Wilkerson is taking a shot at the evil guy that publicly took a shot at his boss. Regardless, the war crime claim is nonsense, obviously. And even if it weren't, Cheney's supposedly lying 'memoir' wouldn't be any relief from the charges, which makes Wilkerson sound like a bitter idiot (with that specific claim; the rest of what he said is sensible in terms of Cheney's reasons).

It isn't like this just started. Wilkerson has called Cheney 'evil' in the past, so I think we know where he stands.

Wilkerson has known Cheney for many years, thinks he is one of the best Defense chiefs we have ever had, and is estranged from Powell. He sounds rather even handed.

You, on the other hand...

Don't make me laugh.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken