Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coachcsb

Girl's High School Basketball 2011/2012

436 posts in this topic

I think 2013-2016 might be even better a lot of young talent making its way up.

Let me qualify my answer with this. I can't predict the future, so the class of 2013-16 maybe the best era, time will tell. I hope they do.

I have been actively involved in the girls basketball (rec, middle school, aau,HS) scene since the mid 90's so I have watched, coached against or coached all of the players on the list. My current level of involvement is the same so I have watched, coached against or coached all of the current players that would make anyones list. So with that being said here are the shoes they have to fill.

04-07

2 - WNBA players (one is considered one of the best players in the world)

4 - Playing International

2 - 1st team All-Big East

2 - played for NCAA national championship (Louisville (lost), Notre Dame (win))

1 - played for NJCAA championship was tournment MVP

Almost all garnered 1000 points in HS and/or college (one had 2200+)

Multiple All-conference teams

Multiple HS and/or College All-Americans

Multiple All-Academic team members

I am looking forward to the development of girls basketball in this area. The girls in HS right now should have the players as their role models. Because they have had success @ the highest level in basketball.

I agree 1000% that KG - The Big Ticket doesn't get on list. I had it in my notes but I made that mistake.

I also checked on BJ and Miriam, they as well as KG graduated in 2008 making this their sr yr in college. My new list

08-11

PG B.J. Williams

PG Brandi Wingate

2G LaShay Taft

2G Akeema Richards

2G Miriam McKenzie

3G Asia Logan

3G Nyree Williams

3G Briana Hutchen

Post Asya Bussie

Post Simone Egwu

Post Sheronne Vails

Post Kandice Green

Jess Harlee

Nice list but I would have to replace Wingate with Lil Mama thier high school careers dont even compare.

Nice list but I would have to replace Wingate with Lil Mama thier high school careers dont even compare.

I'm with you. I'd put Morrison over Wingate as well. If the list is on potential only maybe Wingate gets in but she really didn't play high school ball.

They are loaded. Coach Scott is quietly building a solid program. He has all the girls from baltimore starzz.. They are playing some heavy hitters this year. The charter schools are building strong athletic programs.

Congrats to my good friend. Former Lady Panther, Former Georgetown Hoya and now the new Assistant Coach at Bowie State University.

I think B.J Williams and Miriam Mckenzie should be in the 04-07 class and also Its no way Kandice Green Post 04-07 does not make this list.

Zameria Jones is a must for that 11 class. Prolific scorer and room-mate of Tracey Carrington at Morgan.

Western has not hired a new coach as of yet. I agree BJC. Newtown has Coach Gina there and they should be pretty good this season. Western Tech/ Catonsville should be at the top of the mountain. Baltimore City Digital/Dunbar/Poly have the players to watch. Especially Poly, because none of their key players have graduated. Western graduated a lot and will be rebuilding but could upset a team or two. Same with City.

BTW, what will the new look Doves preview this upcoming year, or is it too early to tell? Was anything left in the cupboard??

BTW, what will the new look Doves preview this upcoming year, or is it too early to tell? Was anything left in the cupboard??

How good is Poly since they are 4A now?

Yeah way to early to tell. They are suppose to hire a coach within 2-3 weeks. Western will be fine. It always has. We would always tell our kids. These walls were here before us and the walls will be here after us. The freshman that were there are still there as well as the incoming freshman.

Adidas Team Maryland!! Congrats goes out to Brittany, "Hard work pays off later" see announcement on hoopgurlz.com...

Adidas Team Maryland expects many , many more signing over the next several weeks & months... Again, yeeeee Brittany!!!

P Brittany Winbourne bound for C-USABrittany Winbourne of Baltimore, Md., has committed to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, according to her club coach, Donchez Graham of the Team Maryland Shooting Stars.

The 6-foot-2 senior post from Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) also considered offers from Eastern Michigan University, Mount Saint Mary's University, Morgan State University, and Rhode Island.

"Brittany is an explosive athlete that rebounds out of area and can play both forward positions." Graham said in an email message. "She is a very capable scoring threat on the block using various moves and she has shooting range out to the arc a true diamond."

Winbourne liked the pre-med program at UAB and was impressed by the family atomsphere created by coach Audra Smith and her staff, Graham added.

Ive got some add on especially in that 00-03 timeframe this was a wondeful period in Baltimore Basketball!

Chanel Watson G SFA beast

Shawna Cooper G EVT monster

Timmena Wilkins G/F SFA/Milford awesome player

Quante Toney G Gwynn Lake/Milford monster

Jimea Barner G Gwynn Lake/Walbrook arguably the best girls player of the era

Emily Lipton G St. Mary's wow

Terry Daniel Wing St. Mary's great player

Maria Smear P St. Mary's awesome

Kelsy Twist G/F Roland Park awesome talent

Kia Coady G SFA beast

Tiffany Jones G Dunbar awesome

Toni Kennedy G Dunbar awesome maybe the best shooter of the era

Greba Barlow G River Hill wow

Vicki Brick G McD monster

All either played D1 hoops or had the ability too

Angie Creek Meade monster

Essence Greer Gwynn Lake/Glen Burnie beast

Rashida Wilson Aberdeen wow

Chante Alexander Milford awesome

Najimah Fauntleroy Arundel beast

Esther Eherman Roland Park beast

Raven Chase Randallstown beast

04-07

Whitney Cunningham P Western beast

Kim Carr Woodlawn P beast

Brittany Taylor G Woodlawn beast

Tammi Rogers G SFA/Milford beast maybe the best defensive player to ever play in baltimore

Shawna Scott G Milford monster

Anna Baker G Arundel beast

Jeanell Hughes G/F Western beast

Sheri Ledbetter G/F Southside Academy beast

Qianna Cheatham F Milford

Candice and Chelsea Wings Jeter Milford

Bri Gauthier G St. Mary

All played Div 1 or 2 basketball

Congrats goes out to Daisey, "Hard work pays off later"

VCU Bounded!! Daisey has accepted a scholarship to play D-1 basketball at the Virginia Commomwealth University, located in Richmond, Va.

yeeeee Daisey!!!

"GO Stars"

"Go Adidas Team Maryland"

***Stars Shining Bright****

Congrats goes out to Dinah, Broadneck HS

"HARD WORK PAYS OFF LATER"

We are very Proud of you Dinah!!

Morgan State . Bound!!

Dinah has accepted a scholarship to play D-1 basketball at Morgan State University, located in Baltimore, MD

yeeeeeeeee Dinah!!!

PS: Still many more STARS to come

"GO Stars"

"Go adidas Team Maryland"

***Stars Shining Bright****

Congrats goes out to Dinah, Broadneck HS

"HARD WORK PAYS OFF LATER"

We are very Proud of you Dinah!!

Morgan State . Bound!!

Dinah has accepted a scholarship to play D-1 basketball at Morgan State University, located in Baltimore, MD

yeeeeeeeee Dinah!!!

PS: Still many more STARS to come

"GO Stars"

"Go adidas Team Maryland"

Man I am so happy for this kid!!!

She truly has come a long way!!

Way to go Dinah!!!!

Shooting stars/ team md got it going on. Look for some more big time commits in the next couple years.

Some time next month the Sun will start to charge to read most of their online content, including the popular talk forums. 695Hoops.com will always have free information and will continue to be devoted strictly to girls basketball in this area. We recently added a talk forum since they are so popular. In November we'll have our first annual season preview done for high school teams. We will also have features on some of the local colleges. In April of 2012 we will host the first annual year end awards banquet where we will honor the top high school players, coaches and teams in the Maryland area. The top performers from the summer will also be recognized. We are in the process of forming the coaches network/association that will be responsible for voting. We will eventually allow the high schools to report game scores so you can get all your info and stats from one unbiased source. Please bookmark the site and support so we can keep the focus where it belongs, on the girls.

Showcase Winter League-MAG League- 4th to 8th grades

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MID- ATLANTIC GIRL'S BASKETBALL LEAGUE (The MAG League) MAGNBL

2011/12 – Showcase Winter Girls Basketball League

Showcase Winter League for grade school teams – The "MAG League"

Elite Level Girls Basketball! Only league with Top Area HS Coaches and Talent Evaluators watching games every weekend

No1# League for HS Exposure! All HS schools want MAG players!

No AAU registration is required!

This is a Showcase Winter League for Elite Level Travel Teams 4th to 8th grade

Division I and Division II Elite teams.

Only 40 teams

If you are looking to compete against the best and want to play in front of the area’s top HS Coaches and Top Talent Scouts then play in the MAG!

You can go on line and register at http://www.MAGNBL.Com

The League is:

- Stop Clock Games

- All teams make playoffs

- All Star weekend-7th Annual(Packed w /HS Coaches)

- Championships in each of the 5 Divisions

- Outstanding Referees

- Games on Saturday and Sunday

- Flexible Schedule

The MAG league is entering its 7th season of play!

-Over 20 girls playing Division I college basketball played in the MAG

-A League for Elite level teams looking for competition and HS Exposure!

Online Registration is available at www. MAGNBL.com and you can pay on line!

The MAG League!

Congrats to Jasmine Hill from Oakland Mills. She just committed to California University of PA.

Can anyone give me the low down on Aberdeen this year....is Malloy back there??

I've been out of the loop for a while.