Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coachcsb

Girl's High School Basketball 2011/2012

436 posts in this topic

Key Match-ups this Weekend

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB FRIDAY

6:30 PM MD Lady Heat Fairfax vs. MD Lady Bulls

7:30 PM Havoc City Mid vs. MD Tigers Roman

8:30 PM Dunbar Girls vs. MT Hebron Girls Varsity

9:30 PM Crusader Nation Boys JV vs. MD Tigers Boys JV (Champ Game)

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, Saturday

8:30 AM Shooting Stars Temeka vs. Cardinals Dev (Champ Game)

9:30 AM Shooting Stars Hagins vs.Columbia Ravens

10:30 AM Havoc City JV vs. South River HS Girls JV

11:30 AM Shooting Stars Luckey vs. Winner Game #5 JR Girls

12:30 PM Shooting Stars Fuller vs. Hoopsmart Girls V

1:30 PM Balt. Panthers Franklin vs.MD Lady Tigers Marvin

2:30 PM Winner Game #6 vs. PSPA Girls JV

3:30 PM Seton Keough Girls JV vs. Balt. Panthers Girls JV

4:30 PM Carroll HS Girls V vs. Maryland Sting Girls V

5:30 PM Seton Keough Girls V vs. Winner Game #10

6:30 PM Va. Cardinals Girls V Stan vs. Meade HS Girls V

7:30 PM Winner Game #9 vs. South River HS Girls V

MEADE HS Gym Wk9 Play-Offs Finals, Saturday

All Boys Teams Semi-Finals- 10:30am thru 5:30pm

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, Sunday

8:30 AM Girls Mid Championship

9:30 AM Girls JR Championship

10:30 AM Girls JV Championship

11:30 AM Boys JR Championship

12:30 PM Girls V#16 Winner Game #12 vs. Winner Game #13

1:30 PM Girls V#17 Winner Game #14 vs. Winner Game #15

2:30 PM Boys V#15 Winner Game #11 vs. Winner Game #12

3:30 PM Boys V#16 Winner Game #13 vs. Winner Game #14

4:30 PM Boys Dev Championship

5:30 PM Boys Mids Championship

6:30 PM Girls V Championship

7:30 PM Boys V Championship

The must watch Elite (7) for 2014's:

A.Rhamat Alhassan, 6-4, Academy of the Holy Cross, Kensington, MD;s

B.Jillian Dunston - 6'0", Academy of Holy Cross, Kensington, MD

C.Sarah Woods - 5'10" , Our Lady of Good Counsel, Onley, MD

D.Lynee Belton, 6-3, The Bullis School, Potomac, MD;

E.Auteaonna Gilmore 5'9"- Riverdale Baptist, Upper Marlboro, MD

F.Breonn Hughey 5'5" - H.D. Woodson, Washington DC

G.Mykayla Venson, 5-7, Yorktown, Arlington, VA.

Will be coming out with must watch Elite (15) in the class of 2014!

Key Match-ups this Weekend

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB FRIDAY

6:30 PM MD Lady Heat Fairfax vs. MD Lady Bulls

7:30 PM Havoc City Mid vs. MD Tigers Roman

8:30 PM Dunbar Girls vs. MT Hebron Girls Varsity

9:30 PM Crusader Nation Boys JV vs. MD Tigers Boys JV (Champ Game)

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, Saturday

8:30 AM Shooting Stars Temeka vs. Cardinals Dev (Champ Game)

9:30 AM Shooting Stars Hagins vs.Columbia Ravens

10:30 AM Havoc City JV vs. South River HS Girls JV

11:30 AM Shooting Stars Luckey vs. Winner Game #5 JR Girls

12:30 PM Shooting Stars Fuller vs. Hoopsmart Girls V

1:30 PM Balt. Panthers Franklin vs.MD Lady Tigers Marvin

2:30 PM Winner Game #6 vs. PSPA Girls JV

3:30 PM Seton Keough Girls JV vs. Balt. Panthers Girls JV

4:30 PM Carroll HS Girls V vs. Maryland Sting Girls V

5:30 PM Seton Keough Girls V vs. Winner Game #10

6:30 PM Va. Cardinals Girls V Stan vs. Meade HS Girls V

7:30 PM Winner Game #9 vs. South River HS Girls V

MEADE HS Gym Wk9 Play-Offs Finals, Saturday

All Boys Teams Semi-Finals- 10:30am thru 5:30pm

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, Sunday

8:30 AM Girls Mid Championship

9:30 AM Girls JR Championship

10:30 AM Girls JV Championship

11:30 AM Boys JR Championship

12:30 PM Girls V#16 Winner Game #12 vs. Winner Game #13

1:30 PM Girls V#17 Winner Game #14 vs. Winner Game #15

2:30 PM Boys V#15 Winner Game #11 vs. Winner Game #12

3:30 PM Boys V#16 Winner Game #13 vs. Winner Game #14

4:30 PM Boys Dev Championship

5:30 PM Boys Mids Championship

6:30 PM Girls V Championship

7:30 PM Boys V Championship

ENJOY!!!

Come out and see some of the most Talented Girls Basketball Players in the Baltimore & Metro Region!

Watch List

Top Seniors, Juniors, Sophmore's

Freshman Class & Top 7th & 8th Grade Ballers in the DMV!!

The 2014 class is much deeper than 7 or 11 kids. Keep an eye on all of these 2014s: no particular order

Lynee Belton

Mykala venson

Rhamat Alhassan

Jillian Dunston

Sarah Woods

Auteaonna Gilmore

Breonn Hughey

Arianna freeman

Montana wigfall

Chania ray

Kiara colston

Stacey koutris

Nicola ekuban

Janessa fauntroy

Makeda wright

Raina williams

kirby porter

Chloe jackson

Dyzhanay burton

Zhara laster

Io chaney

Include these ladies in the 2014 watch list as well

Kelly prange

Beverly ogunrinde

All Coaches, Parents and Curious Folk are free. Even if you just want to come and see what is done, you can come. Only PAID athletes are allowed on the floor. This is important information that NEEDS to get out to our athletes in the DMV. Even if you are not going to be on the floor....COME!!!

Athletes for Excellence

Presents…

Harborview Sports Medicine

Preventing Common Basketball Injuries

November 5, 2011

2-5 PM

$30.00 per Participating Athlete

EVERYONE ELSE....FREE!!

Riverdale Baptist Field House

1133 Landover Road

Upper Marlboro, MD

ACL, Sprains, MCL, Strains, Shin Splints, Jumpers Knee, PCL

Send a email to a4excellence@gmail.com to pre-register.

We can only take the first 100 athletes with the first 80 guaranteed a slot for video analysis. Video Analysis will conists of 3 jumps and a on-the-spot analyisis with individual instruction for each athlete.

For those who called, please send email!!

Please do not call Harborview Hospital. .

Include these ladies in the 2014 watch list as well

Kelly prange

Beverly ogunrinde

The 2012 through 2015 classes in our DMV have about 5-8 girls each who are legit and should be productive major D-1 recruits; and quite a few girls who should be high-mid major D-1 recruits!

You may be right. I just want to show how deep the 2014 class is. Your point is well-taken though.

You did a nice job putting the entire list for the 2014's. I think there alot of girls that will play Mid/high level D1 and major D1. Most of the girls I had on my Elite list have recieved mutliple Mid/High level DI offers already and are now being recruited heavily by the major D1's. I also gave heavy consideration to the 2014's that play and contribute on teams in the mighty WCAC which is probable the best conference in the country. The Elite top three teams- Holy Cross, St. Johns and Good Council will be traveling to Arizona next month to play in the NIKE Championships and all of the 2014's on those teams are major contirbutors on their respective teams and are being recruited by the Majors and Mid/High Majors.

The WCAC hands down is the best conference with the most talent. The conversation ends there. That Arizona trip will be a good start to the season. Lots of competition waiting for them out there. I hope all the teams do well. How will Holy Cross do without Domo? Will the point guard spot be run by committee with Taylor, Janea and Jillian? Will St. John's guards be able to do it again and will they allow Dejanae (freshman) to infiltrate the offense? I like Good Counsel's chances too. Lindsey and Amanda will have to score 20pts a night to keep pace. Can't wait! I wish all the 2012-2014s the best of luck and a healthy season.

I enjoy reading your blogs and you ask very good questions. Domo will be missed and she brings alot of love, energy and explosive talent. If Jaz Missouri can stay healthy she is a beast of a point guard. Janay has unbelievable speed and Taylor and Jillian will be there if needed. Jillian has to help rebound and Taylor has to take shots. I think people will be surprised at the athleticism, length and speed of Holy Cross. They will be one of the best defensive teams in the area and their length and athleticism will cause teams alot of problems. They block shots which is rare for a girls team. The Cadets have alot of talent but there is only one basketball and that might be an issue. They have alot of players that play the 2 and 3 position and their strength is rebounding and speed along with outstanding guard play. It will be interesting how they mesh their talent and who will be there leader(Allen,Bailey,Ray,Oliver,Rowser?)

They do not have alot of height and Holy Cross has 6'5",6'4",6'2",6,1",6'0" and 5'10". Good Counsel has the big 3 and the Dean of WCAC coaches in Splaine. He is a proven winner and is considered the Wizard of Onley. They will always be tough and will be in contention again this year. They have outstanding guards with Randolph and Span and Amanda is a Major D1 player and is tough to stop. They are always very dangerous and can win it as well. I compliment all 3 teams for talking on a very tough December schedule and they clearly are carrying the torch along with Riverdale for the DMV and showing the country where the best ball is played. It is going to be another great season of sold out crowds and exciting finishes. Strap on your seat belt because there is no speed limit in the WCAC!

Well put. Is Riverdale on Holy Cross or Good Counsel schedule this year? I see those four teams circulating in the top 5 all year long. On a side note...surprise team of the WCAC will Archbishop Carroll.

Holy Cross is as big as some D1 college teams. That' a lot of height and skill. I like the Jillian kid a lot. She can do a little bit of everything. She's a Scottie Pippen.

I enjoy reading your blogs and you ask very good questions. Domo will be missed and she brings alot of love, energy and explosive talent. If Jaz Missouri can stay healthy she is a beast of a point guard. Janay has unbelievable speed and Taylor and Jillian will be there if needed. Jillian has to help rebound and Taylor has to take shots. I think people will be surprised at the athleticism, length and speed of Holy Cross. They will be one of the best defensive teams in the area and their length and athleticism will cause teams alot of problems. They block shots which is rare for a girls team. The Cadets have alot of talent but there is only one basketball and that might be an issue. They have alot of players that play the 2 and 3 position and their strength is rebounding and speed along with outstanding guard play. It will be interesting how they mesh their talent and who will be there leader(Allen,Bailey,Ray,Oliver,Rowser?)

They do not have alot of height and Holy Cross has 6'5",6'4",6'2",6,1",6'0" and 5'10". Good Counsel has the big 3 and the Dean of WCAC coaches in Splaine. He is a proven winner and is considered the Wizard of Onley. They will always be tough and will be in contention again this year. They have outstanding guards with Randolph and Span and Amanda is a Major D1 player and is tough to stop. They are always very dangerous and can win it as well. I compliment all 3 teams for talking on a very tough December schedule and they clearly are carrying the torch along with Riverdale for the DMV and showing the country where the best ball is played. It is going to be another great season of sold out crowds and exciting finishes. Strap on your seat belt because there is no speed limit in the WCAC!

Well put. Is Riverdale on Holy Cross or Good Counsel schedule this year? I see those four teams circulating in the top 5 all year long. On a side note...surprise team of the WCAC will Archbishop Carroll.

I totally agree! Carroll will be a sleeper and Seton and Paul VI will also be making alot of noise as well. The February road games are brutal in the league because everyone has gotten so much better! Seton has Hubbard and Paul VI as Freeman they are both big time players!

Holy Cross is as big as some D1 college teams. That' a lot of height and skill. I like the Jillian kid a lot. She can do a little bit of everything. She's a Scottie Pippen.

Smile..I agree!!

St Johns,Good Counsel and Holy Cross will definitely be fighting for the top spot but please don't sleep on Bmac,Paul VI,Seton and Carroll there will be a lot of upsets this year in the WCAC and I can not forget St Mary's Rypkien there will be some battles nite in an nite out.1st game of the season will be the IAAM vs WCAC on Dec 3 & 4

congrats! are in order for BMAC winning the Gywnn Park fall league. Is there a schedule out for the IAAM vs WCAC?

Congrats are in Order for: Lerae Ettienne

Holy Cross/ Shooting Stars/Adidas Team Maryland

Power Forward

Has accepted a D1 Basketball Scholarship to Sacred Heart University in Connecticut! Good Job Lerae, we are soo very proud of you...

Member of the Shooting Stars Gold Team, Still more players from this great team will be signing soon!!

Go Stars!!

The WCAC is currently and clearly the top conference in the country for high school ball.

Riverdale Baptist is without doubt the top team in the DMV. No other team has the depth, versatility, and PHYSICALITY of Riverdale. Right now, no other WCAC team comes close to them. With the three-headed MONSTER of Jennie Simms. Jonquel Jones, and Kelilah Atkinson, arguably three of the DMV's top 5-10 players; clearly three of the allseeingeye's top 10-12 players on the DMV.

Right now, St. John's enters the season as the top WCAC team, followed by Good Counsel or Holy Cross (take your pick which one) and Bishop McNamara should follow these two...

In my opinion, most of the WCAC girls are not major D-1 talents right now. To me most of them are high-mid-major D-1 talents.

TASE u might be rite about the WCAC girls only a handful are really major D-1 talent rite now but your best players are just juniors so they have 1 more year to become major D-1 then the 2014 class will be a deep class they have potential to send a lot of ladies to major and high mid major D-1 schools just to name a few from a couple of schools in the 2014 class:

1)Ariana Freeman-Paul VI

2)Sarah Woods-Good Counsel

3)Jillian Dunston-Holy Cross

4)Rhamat -Holy Cross

5)Chania Ray -St Johns

6)Montana Wigfall -Carroll

7)Kenyatta Butler-Carroll

Just like most of you bloggers, I've seen the girls from 2012-2014 grow into their talents. It should be many high to mid major D1 offers coming to their way. The 2014s have more developing to do, but most of them will definitely be attending college on scholarship. I hope the DMV continue to get the recognition it deserves from the national recruiting scene.