Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenatorthree

Wegmans

17 posts in this topic

so is it worth the hype? any comments.

Wegmans has an ELP (everyday low price) policy so staple items such as bread, mike and eggs will be competitively priced. Their specialty items (cheeses, meats, seafood) run high. However, although expensive the quality of their high end foods is excellent.

Check out the store. Even if you don't buy it's a fun store to browse.

My wife went yesterday when it opened at 7am and said it was a mess and a circus.

But she stayed a couple of hours plus and did her shopping and got some great deals on staples and even meat to some degree.

She was imperessed and will be back since itrs pretty close to home. I might even go with her when the gawker crowd dies down.

There's a Gucci area in the store. Stay out of there, though, and you can get out of there for about what you'd pay anywhere else.

Wegman's has good food with prices better than those I see in Giant which to me is a very nice store but expensive.

When i use to work in hunt valley, i would stop at that wegmans when i needed a few things, mainly because there selection of hot lunch foods is better than any mall food court.

As far as grocery stores, I'll stick to the Giant up the street, better prices, and I can do all of my shopping without ever talking to another person. walk in, get my scan-it gun, place my deli order on the touch screen, shop, get a text on my phone that my meats and cheeses are ready, grab them from the cubicle go to the scan-it checkout, scan the barcode and I'm done. The gun even totals everything for you while you shop. I can do $150 worth of groceries in 15mins!

Tough parking, too many people milling about, in a daze, unaware of their surroundings.

Prep foods is kinda pricey.

But the selection is pretty good if you're looking for something unique.

Just seems like a hassle to go there for everyday things.

I love the Wegmans in Hunt Valley! Everyone goes there and now the parking and lines are much better at the Giant!

My wife went yesterday when it opened at 7am and said it was a mess and a circus.

But she stayed a couple of hours plus and did her shopping and got some great deals on staples and even meat to some degree.

She was imperessed and will be back since itrs pretty close to home. I might even go with her when the gawker crowd dies down.

I went in at about 9:30 p.m. (NOT a.m.) last week, and it was a remotely pleasant experience. Not too crowded that late. :)

Interesting about the meat. I just walked through the section and glanced at the prices. The prices didn't strike me as being particularly good. $17.95 per pound (I think) on tenderloin. I'll stick with BJs for that stuff... it's about half that. I'll gladly take 10 minutes to trim it myself, and still come out way ahead on dollar / pound.