Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChiefWiggum

Went and got a Philly cheese steak

40 posts in this topic

Five pounds of cheese steak? I am a fat bastard, but that's just nasty.

That said, living in Baltimore, it is an easy on-and-off 95 and I think that they are damn good cheesesteaks. Last time I was there, the Phillies were in the middle of a double header and the place was packed. If the locals like it, it has to be good, right?

I wish we could get Jersey Mike's to set up shop here. Theirs are delicious!

Have to disagree with you on that one being in New Jersey they are all over the place and I think they are no better or worse than Subway.I drive about 25 minutes out of my way to go to a Ma and Pa shop in my area not far from Great Adventure.It's called Art and Kathy's kitchen(if that matters lol).It's run by a couple in their 80's and they make a sub that blows Jersey mikes out of the water.

I saw that last time. The guys behind me in line were raving about the cheesesteak with brocoli rabe on it.

The generally accepted wisdom is always wrong. A busy restaurant is a sign of a good restaurant? No, it's just a sign of lemmings following lemmings. Monkey see, monkey do.

The "real" Philly cheesesteaks up in Jersey are foul. Cheez Wiz from a can on a Steak Um.

Cheez Wiz does not come in a can.

The aerosol "spray cheese" you are thinking of is called Easy Cheese and is not what they use.

Easy Cheese is the trademark for a processed cheese product distributed by Kraft Foods, also referred to as aerosol cheese or spray cheese, and is a descendant of squeeze cheese (a semi-solid cheesefood from the 1970s packaged in a squeezable plastic tube). It comes packaged in a spray can, much like canned whipped cream and does not require refrigeration.

Both products are made by Kraft.

Cheez Wiz comes in a jar.

Cheez Whiz is a thick processed cheese sauce or spread sold by Kraft Foods. It was developed by a team led by food scientist Edwin Traisman (1915–2007) and was first marketed in 1953.

The bright orange, viscous paste usually comes in a glass jar and is used as a topping for cheesesteaks, corn chips, hot dogs and other foods.

B)

My philly boy who lives in York swears Jim's on south st. is the best. Went there and it was the bomb. Upstairs downstairs the have photo's and autograph's of all the famous people that ate there. You need a tray because stuff is just oozing out of the sub.

There is a tony luke's inside of scores downtown baltimore

one in atlantic city in the trop now too  .......

I was in the reading terminal market in philly last week for the first time ......

didn't get a cheese steak but there was great looking options and lots of other awesome food there ........ 

one in atlantic city in the trop now too  .......

I was in the reading terminal market in philly last week for the first time ......

didn't get a cheese steak but there was great looking options and lots of other awesome food there ........ 

I stopped there two weeks ago on my way to Connecticut. Hadn't been there since my college days in the 80's. It has a lot more options than I remember. That place is what Lexington Market should be

The one in Dundalk is still open but it's run by someone else now. It's not the same. Closest you'll come to how they used to make them is Fillettis on Merritt.

Hey Ken, if you ever go to AC again, they have a White House upstairs at the Food Court in the Taj. They've been an AC favorite for Years. Dave, a Pit Boss in Binions in LV came from AC and he begged me to Fed-Ex him one next time I went up there.