Underseige

Do you really believe Flacco was that good today

Rate Flacco's Year   38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Flacco's Year

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,857 posts in this topic

Look I'm all for the Ravens winning but Joe missed 4 or 5 wide open receivers today. Smith should have had 5 TD's himself and Joe was barely over 50% at one point today. If you really think the problems of Joe are done, so be it,but I just hope he gets better in his completions as the year goes on.

Edited by Underseige
New Year

So the man had almost 400 yards, 3 touchdowns (almost 4 if Boldin doesnt drop the one), and zero picks, and that's not good enough?

They were throwing deep a lot. Deep passes are low percentage plays, but I think he hit about 50% of them. That's rather good.

It was possible because the O-line gave him the time, but he also moved well in the pocket and bought time.

Here we go. No QB has perfect games. Flacco took a lot of low-percentage shots downfield and hit on a pretty darn good number of them. Yeah there might have been a few times he could have gone underneath and picked up a first down. Instead he took his shots and hit some big winners.

Honestly some guys could wake up next to Giselle and complain about her hair getting on their side of the bed. FFS.

So we expect Joe to complete 70% of his passes every game? That would be nice but it doesn't happen. He did have some overthrows but as mentioned they were going deep a lot and those aren't high completion percentage plays. He had a great game today.

you sunny side optimist keep the faith. I saw screens and slants today,along with many roll outs. Joe is inconsistent ,you guys need to understand winning like this was easy today. Let us see what he does next week. Will he have brain freeze as usual or even hurry his pace like he did today. He even ran for 1st downs today,so someone must have told Cam and Joe to start leading the team and stop playing not to lose.Brain freeze happens alot to Flacco but when he is right, he is very good

The 1st 3 years of his career, he never completed less than 60% of his passes, but threw only a moderate number of TD passes, and got labeled a "game manager".

This season he's on pace for 37 TDs (vice 13 INTs) and 4300+ Yds, and suddenly his completion % is the paramount concern.

Even if I didn't think he'd finish this year with a competion rate >60% (and he will), I'd still take the trade-off.

by the way,did anyone notice no TD's in the 2nd half today. That is scary to me. If you truly think this offense has no problems with consistency, you are in la la land

by the way,did anyone notice no TD's in the 2nd half today. That is scary to me. If you truly think this offense has no problems with consistency, you are in la la land

speaking of la la land, how's the weather over there?

It's amazing how pessimistic people can be after a 30 point win.

people need to find something to complain about.... Americans are never happy

laugh now but unless Joe continues to play better, the old Joe is lurking. Also I noticed he came to the line with 16 to 18 seconds left on the time clock on many plays. I wonder if someone told him he had to hurry the huddle.

Another observation....everytime Burk snaps from the shotgun, he lowers his rear twice, if I were the defense I would see this and know it is that second lowering that he snaps the ball on.

Underseige how about you worry about your Steelers, they aint look so hot tonight
you will never see me root for the Steelers, I do love the Ravens but I'm realistic in my opinions. You guys are in heaven everytime they win and fail to see the problems.

So glad they are going to start charging to access the Sun message boards. It's an absolute embarrassment the kind of stuff that shows up on here and is associated with Ravens fans.

many of you so called fair weathered fans will be gone and reality blogs will be the norm instead of "OH MY Gosh, did you see the Ravens great win today"and the wanna be fair weather fans

Let me start with this. On the last 2 possessions of the 1st half, Flacco took us from our own 2 yard line, to the STL 3 where Vonta dropped the pass on his quick out route. We got 3 points.

Then we get the ball with 2 minutes left, our own 38 (good field position) Flacco drives us down, throws a perfect spiral to Doss who gave up on the play. We settle for 3.

Ravens had 5 possessions in the 2nd half:

1. To start 2nd half. Our own 28. 12 play, 52 yards, 4:31. Flacco had 3 passes dropped in the endzone (2 by Boldin). We get 3 points, its 30-0 and we've pretty much killed the game right then and there.

2. Start our own 14. 6 plays, 37 yards, 3 minutes, punt to 18. The drive netted 68 yards.

3. Start our own 22, 7 plays, 29 yards, 3 minutes, touch back, Drive netted 58 yards. (That's the series where LaQuan got the Offensive PI on beautiful thrown ball from Flacco)

4. STL 31, 6 plays to the STL 6, back-to-back sacks and Flacco fumbles. At that point the game was long over and the offensive look uninterested.

5. Our own 23, 7 plays, 38 yards, kneels to end the game.

The offensive scored on its 1st possession coming out of the half, made the game 30-0 and at that point there's no reason to open the play-book and let teams get more study material on us.

Another observation....everytime Burk snaps from the shotgun, he lowers his rear twice, if I were the defense I would see this and know it is that second lowering that he snaps the ball on.

Why are you staring at Burk's *** enough to notice this?

We should get a much better idea of where he is in his development next week, that's for sure.

the jets will have no choice but to respect the pass. i expect alot of underneath stuff to rice and boldin.

btw...cromartie left in the 4th qtr with hurt ribs

Look I'm all for the Ravens winning but Joe missed 4 or 5 wide open receivers today. Smith should have had 5 TD's himself and Joe was barely over 50% at one point today. If you really think the problems of Joe are done, so be it,but I just hope he gets better in his completions as the year goes on.

look at me :rolleyes: look at me :rolleyes: look at me:rolleyes:

your cries for attention are getting pretty pitiful.

Should the Ravens have scored 60 points to make you happy? 500+ yards of offense and people still complain. :rolleyes:

I believe what I stated in an earlier thread: that he got lucky early, because no one gameplanned for Torrey Smith, and he took advantage. You notice that the Rams lowly defense pretty much eliminated Smith from the equation after the 1st quarter. Flacco went back to under-throwing guys, sailing passes way over them, etc., from the 2nd quarter onward. And Cam, bless his retarded heart, got so beside himself with Torrey's amazing one-off performance, that he decided to keep pass-pass-passing the entire rest of the game, even though the Rams have one of the worst run-D's in the NFL.

I believe that Flacco got lucky with Torrey in the 1st, and I believe that Flacco does what he has done since he was drafted...against BAD teams. He put up numbers. But let's see him put up numbers against NY. Let's see Torrey Smith not disappear against the likes of Reevis and Cromartie, let's see us put up numbers against a still very good Jets D. Let's see us not wilt in the second half, and play them tough for 60 full minutes. Then we'll talk.

Quite frankly, we could very easily have another "let down" after another dominating win. We should be 3-0 right now, but Flacco played what is right now ranked the #1 D in the NFL last week. And it showed. The Rams are terrible on D, and it showed. The Jets aren't amazing, but it's still Rex, and they have great players on that side of the ball. Plus they've got Holmes, Burress, Mason, LT, etc. If our offense AND defense play like they did today, then sure, we can beat the Jets. But the problem is, Cam has a habit of reeling in the offense and pulling his rush-rush-pass BS against better teams, and Joe has the frustrating habit of suddenly not looking so fantastic against good defenses. Look how he performed against the Jets last year, after all.

All I'm saying is, I'd LIKE to believe that Flacco and Co. can perform like this at will. But I've seen otherwise for the last three years. So call me cautious, until I see proof to the contrary.

By the way did anyone notice the score was 27-0 at halftime and the main concern becomes just running the clock down so they could get back on the plane? Obviously youdidn't.