Underseige

Do you really believe Flacco was that good today

Rate Flacco's Year   38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Flacco's Year

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Poor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,857 posts in this topic

I bet Joe's smiling tonight!

Yes I agree. Why start a new thread about Flacco when this says it all. Now with the addition of this new draft pick Perryman I believe. Joe has so many weapons it is scary. 4.2 in the dash, look out defenses you will have trouble matching up. 200 plus pounds and 6 feet 2 to boot. Look out NFL a new Joe Flacco is coming.

Yes I agree. Why start a new thread about Flacco when this says it all. Now with the addition of this new draft pick Perryman I believe. Joe has so many weapons it is scary. 4.2 in the dash, look out defenses you will have trouble matching up. 200 plus pounds and 6 feet 2 to boot. Look out NFL a new Joe Flacco is coming.

Joe has so many weapons? LOL. Who's the starting TE for the Ravens, for example?

Well...I haven't seen him today...but I bet he's feelin pretty damn good right about now!

Everyone expects Joe to do great this year but really. The receivers he has are unproven, even the two young studs from 2 years now are still learning. The new kid has yet to catch a pass and the tight ends are really unknown at this time. If Joe does do great he should be the MVP of the league this year. The only receiver he has with real experience is Smith and look what he did at the end of last year. Age may have caught up with him

Everyone expects Joe to do great this year but really. The receivers he has are unproven, even the two young studs from 2 years now are still learning. The new kid has yet to catch a pass and the tight ends are really unknown at this time. If Joe does do great he should be the MVP of the league this year. The only receiver he has with real experience is Smith and look what he did at the end of last year. Age may have caught up with him

It's hard to argue with that. Still...it's nothing new for Joe -- he's been dealing with this hodgepodge of WRs, TEs, and new OC's ever since he arrived. And he always manages to make those around him better -- just like a great QB is supposed to do.

I tend to agree with this. Steve Smith is the only experienced receiver and he is not what he used to be with Carolina. You simply don't know what you will get with the others. The Ravens passing offense could be primed for a drop off from last season. That's not a good thing when you have an OC that leans heavily to the pass. Perriman already dropped a lot of passes in the workouts. He may be a very raw work in progress. I will have to reserve judgment until I see how this group performs in the first part of the season. I have no doubt in Flacco's ability to deliver the ball, but I do have reservations on the receiving corps ability to perform with consistency.

I tend to agree with this. Steve Smith is the only experienced receiver and he is not what he used to be with Carolina. You simply don't know what you will get with the others. The Ravens passing offense could be primed for a drop off from last season. That's not a good thing when you have an OC that leans heavily to the pass. Perriman already dropped a lot of passes in the workouts. He may be a very raw work in progress. I will have to reserve judgment until I see how this group performs in the first part of the season. I have no doubt in Flacco's ability to deliver the ball, but I do have reservations on the receiving corps ability to perform with consistency.

It's going to be an interesting year. There are several "ifs". "IF" the secondary can stay healthy, the D should be quite formidable. "IF" Perriman pans out -- expecting critical drops but also critical catches -- the offense could pose a threat. And "IF" the TE crew is at least serviceable. And "IF" the O-line builds upon last year's success. And "IF" the RBs contribute the way they did last year. And "IF" they figure out who's going to be the return guy. Then the Ravens could have a killer team. But man...that's a lot of "IFs".

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Heard a national show somewhere (probably Sirius) last week and the discussion briefly turned to Rivers vs. Flacco.  The host of course was all over Rivers.  Recall week 17... 4th quarter... Flacco led three straight scoring drives to overcome a deficit, including two clutch TD passes, and won.  Week 17, Rivers threw 0 TDs, 2 INTs, fumbled once, and lost.  ;)

Edited by Ravens2006

No No No....We cant let this die. Joe was good against Denver and you watch ...when his line wakes up he will be elite

Wow that was close afan! Nice job finding this one again! Let's try to get a few more thousand replies to this topic! this is so cool! You guys watch! Joe is going to do good this week and it is going to because you brought this thread back to the first page! You are the coolest ever!

Look how far this thread has come over the years.

Whoa, dude. LTNS!!!

Whoa, dude. LTNS!!!

Yessir I had an issue finding the talk forums as it has been a while since i have posted here. haha. Hope all is good man.

Yessir I had an issue finding the talk forums as it has been a while since i have posted here. haha. Hope all is good man.

Good enough.

;)

WB. Glad to see the traditional DC game thread again!

Joe did the same thing against SD last year.Throwing that pass was like reliving the loss to SD last year. Could Joe have just called a run instead of listening to the OC...what a mistake

Joe did the same thing against SD last year.Throwing that pass was like reliving the loss to SD last year. Could Joe have just called a run instead of listening to the OC...what a mistake

The offense puts up almost 500 yards, with that crap group of receivers, and you're talking about Joe overruling the OC? Really?

Yes when it is 3rd and short with less than 2;35 left in game...1 timeout left for Oakland. If you let the clock run you either use up Oaklands last T.O. or the clock goes down to 2 minutes. Next play run and no matter what less than 2 minutes to go. Harbaugh even went over to Testamine and was hot. Yes like last year time to use the clock.

Yes when it is 3rd and short with less than 2;35 left in game...1 timeout left for Oakland. If you let the clock run you either use up Oaklands last T.O. or the clock goes down to 2 minutes. Next play run and no matter what less than 2 minutes to go. Harbaugh even went over to Testamine and was hot. Yes like last year time to use the clock.

But it's on TRESTMAN, not on JOE. What part of that don't you get?

Flacco at times looks brilliant. Flacco at times looks horrible. You just never seem to know what Joe you might get. Misses open receivers. Throws off the wrong foot. Throws the killer interception. He is average Joe at best lately. The lack of a speedy deep threat hurts for sure. Safeties are sitting on the underneath stuff. But hey. Joe is getting paid elite money. His play is anything but. Imo

Nice afan! I almost forgot about this thread!! This is so awesome! You are so awesome too for keeping this thread alive! It is so cool to look at how many people have viewed this thread and we have you to thank! At this time, I just want to take the time to thank you for not forgetting about this thread. You are the coolest!!!

Flacco at times looks brilliant. Flacco at times looks horrible. You just never seem to know what Joe you might get. Misses open receivers. Throws off the wrong foot. Throws the killer interception. He is average Joe at best lately. The lack of a speedy deep threat hurts for sure. Safeties are sitting on the underneath stuff. But hey. Joe is getting paid elite money. His play is anything but. Imo

I notice Brady is reported to get rid of the ball in 2,5 seconds. Is it any wonder he hardly ever gets sacked. Now maybe Flacco should study Brady and see how he does it.

I notice Brady is reported to get rid of the ball in 2,5 seconds. Is it any wonder he hardly ever gets sacked. Now maybe Flacco should study Brady and see how he does it.

By having plays designed to do so.