Photo
- - - - -

Bayhawks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgeanderson

georgeanderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

Just saw that the Bayhawks have a new GM, Brian Reese-former Denver GM. When did the Bayhawks get rid of the old GM, Spencer Ford? Didn't he put together the the team that won the MLL title? Why would you replace a guy who wins titles with a guy who puts together teams that can't win titles? Is Ford with another team?

#2 bensmotorcyclehelmet

bensmotorcyclehelmet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

I love Jake Steinfeld and the effort/cash he's sinking into the MLL. It's a decnet product, family friendly and fills the void in that post-NCAA tourney time.

But I always get the impression that the MLL's corporate structure is a bit of a put-on.

They like to pretend its operated like the NFL/MLB with a draft, supplemetal drafts, and free agency. But they are so short for GMs, players etc, that they seem to be very "accomodating" when it comes to things like personel/coaching/GM moves.

It just so happens that all-league Player A is moving from Baltimore to NY for a new job on Wall Street. It just so happens that DC mysteriously trades that player, that's in his prime, to LI

The personel moves that happen are usually mind-boggling if you're REALLY trying to win championships.

It's been interesting for years, many of the top teams would also mysteriously trade their absolute best players away to the brand new expansion teams...

But I guess if parity is what Jake wants...

#3 georgeanderson

georgeanderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Guess you gotta do what you gotta do to make the league work. Wonder if the new Charlotte franchise will try to get Mike Powell on their team, being last reports he lived in NC? You would think that some team would try at least one season with all three Powell brothers on one team. You put them on one team and fans will know who that team is, they might be past their primes, but so so fans of lacrosse know who the Powell brothers are and it will sell more tickets.