Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doglover

Have You Thought About What You Will Say In Your Final Post On This Board?

177 posts in this topic

No Dee, you're wonderful! Anyone else receive an invitation to join up with a new replacement board? They require more personal info than I'm willing to share. (email address that could be used by outside advertisers, DOB, etc. What say y'all?

I didn't get an invite. Maybe that should tell me something. :(

I have a special hotmail account set up for things like this. I know anything that goes to it is junk.

I fabricate my DOB.

All done to keep my info private.

Still thinking on it:)... in the interim, I've cleaned out my messages, and removed all of my trip photos. I have saved my Statues list on my computer, you can catch me on the new board. I've noticed a number of folks have visited my page after I was done. Wishing well to all of you!

I don't really know how much internet ads cost but I have to believe that the traffic will drop to the point that the ad revenue will dip below what they get from fees. Besides, where will Preston go to get fodder for his rants? I do believe they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I have considered my final post. I doubt that anyone cares, and several other posts have come close to expressing my thoughts and feelings. I will probably be on the road and away from Internet access on the tenth. So I might post my final message early, but not today.

I think an upbeat message would be appropriate. In that spirit allow me to offer a musical message. Take this to heart.

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

I don't really know how much internet ads cost but I have to believe that the traffic will drop to the point that the ad revenue will dip below what they get from fees. Besides, where will Preston go to get fodder for his rants? I do believe they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I do too. I would consider paying (what I call) a reasonable amount - somewhere around $20-$30/YEAR for the entertainment that I get out of this board. Since they have to be greedy, I'll just ride away into the sun and fade away into the sunset and reincarnate myself on SunSpot Lives. B):D

I want to say thanks to all of you. I don't frequent this spot as a poster, mostly I just read..

But when I've needed to vent...no shortage of bended ears willing to listen. Thats been very nice.

Thanks again, best wishes to you all.

I believe the mods did the best they could, given the volatile nature of many SunSpot members.

Dont forget the over sensitive liberal posters that found a direct insult in no matter what was said.

those are the ones I always had the most fun with,, matter of fact, the reason I joined in 96 was because I saw a chance to screw with someone on a contrail thread,, I claimed I worked with a government agency and it was actually a government developed drug to sterilize blacks.. God that turned out funny..

gonna miss it.

P.S.

I know Im a sick sick person, no need to tell me..

Oh, and I think the name of the guy I directed it at was Chili or something like that.

Maybe I should get banned on my last day here like I did the first time with my first altie? Anyone remember what my name altie was back then and how I went out in a blaze of glory? Rick 998 was there.

The cost for this board for a year will be about the same as you'd spend on a night out with friends. I don't know why everyone makes a big deal about it.

Or is it the fact that it once was free and now you have to pay? The same can be said for a lot of things.

I'm sure guys got away with sticking singles in Bimini's thong for a long time. Now it's fives and tens. It's inflation.

The cost for this board for a year will be about the same as you'd spend on a night out with friends. I don't know why everyone makes a big deal about it.

Or is it the fact that it once was free and now you have to pay? The same can be said for a lot of things.

I'm sure guys got away with sticking singles in Bimini's thong for a long time. Now it's fives and tens. It's inflation.

what?!?!!? where do you go? I spend maybe $10-20 and that's if I have more than one beer which is rare.

Sorry, this board's not worth $10 a year muchless $100.

My final post on this board:

When Christ returns, the nations will mourn... everyone will be brought before Him for judgement. The goats will be separated from the sheep before the great white throne of Christ - every knee will bow and every tongue confess "Jesus Christ is Lord" The sheep, those who know Christ, will remain in His presence forever. The goats, those who did not know Christ (many of whom will claim they do, but in reality will have denied Him by their unchanged hearts and lifestyles), will descend into the pit of brimstone and sulfur.

It's never too late, until it becomes too late...

Signing off.

my original join is may 2003 as buffytheliarslayer

8 1/2 years boy how life evolves over so much time

i'll see some of you on the new board, when i get around to acclimating

i wont pay for this board and under the 15-view-per-month premise i cant say this will be my actual last post

but if never shall we meet again -

fun times & cheers