Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Have You Thought About What You Will Say In Your Final Post On This Board?

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#21 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Multi - Lettered Brit.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,878 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

No Dee, you're wonderful! Anyone else receive an invitation to join up with a new replacement board? They require more personal info than I'm willing to share. (email address that could be used by outside advertisers, DOB, etc. What say y'all?

The email address that I gave is one that I created to give out casually for just such purposes, not my 'official' one. And according to the DOB I gave, I am 111 years old ;). I didn't lie about my gender though. :D

Go on, join up, give it a go.
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#22 DAISYDORIGHT

DAISYDORIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,238 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

I too created my Daisy_Do_Right email address special for sunspot and that is primarily the only thing I use it for. Get very little spam or ohter emails in it other than posters from time to time and Baltimore Sun announcements.

#23 com6063

com6063

Working out my salvation in fear and trembling.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,897 posts
  • LocationDark side of a bog

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

It's a toss up.

Klatuu Berada Nikto

or

Get stuffed!

:D
"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#24 mockingbird

mockingbird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,771 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

bye...
The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.

Native American Proverb

Iron and Wine

#25 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

The moon may kiss the stars so high. The sun may kiss the bright blue sky. The dew may kiss the morning grass. But you my friend, can kiss my.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#26 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

No Dee, you're wonderful! Anyone else receive an invitation to join up with a new replacement board? They require more personal info than I'm willing to share. (email address that could be used by outside advertisers, DOB, etc. What say y'all?

I didn't get an invite. Maybe that should tell me something. :(

I have a special hotmail account set up for things like this. I know anything that goes to it is junk.

I fabricate my DOB.

All done to keep my info private.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#27 Niamhaine

Niamhaine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,534 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Still thinking on it:)... in the interim, I've cleaned out my messages, and removed all of my trip photos. I have saved my Statues list on my computer, you can catch me on the new board. I've noticed a number of folks have visited my page after I was done. Wishing well to all of you!

#28 Purple Rain

Purple Rain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

bye
vaarwel
khodaa haafez _
aabar dekha hobey
Donadagohvi
Hagoonea'
Ahoj
Sayonara
Auf Wiedersehen
Bis dann
Tschüss
Tschau
Bis Spater
Viszlát!
Arrivederci
Addio
Ciao
Buona sera
À bientôt
Hejdå
:eek:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 DAISYDORIGHT

DAISYDORIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

I didn't get an invite. Maybe that should tell me something. :(

I have a special hotmail account set up for things like this. I know anything that goes to it is junk.

I fabricate my DOB.

All done to keep my info private.

You don't need a personal invite. Just follow the link:

http://sunspotlives....s.com/index.cgi :)

#30 vietnam vet against the war

vietnam vet against the war

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Gag me with a spoon

#31 gatkinso

gatkinso

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,626 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

I am going to say "Later!"

#32 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

I don't really know how much internet ads cost but I have to believe that the traffic will drop to the point that the ad revenue will dip below what they get from fees. Besides, where will Preston go to get fodder for his rants? I do believe they are shooting themselves in the foot here.
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#33 vietnam vet against the war

vietnam vet against the war

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

I have considered my final post. I doubt that anyone cares, and several other posts have come close to expressing my thoughts and feelings. I will probably be on the road and away from Internet access on the tenth. So I might post my final message early, but not today.

I think an upbeat message would be appropriate. In that spirit allow me to offer a musical message. Take this to heart.

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

#34 DAISYDORIGHT

DAISYDORIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,238 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

I don't really know how much internet ads cost but I have to believe that the traffic will drop to the point that the ad revenue will dip below what they get from fees. Besides, where will Preston go to get fodder for his rants? I do believe they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

I do too. I would consider paying (what I call) a reasonable amount - somewhere around $20-$30/YEAR for the entertainment that I get out of this board. Since they have to be greedy, I'll just ride away into the sun and fade away into the sunset and reincarnate myself on SunSpot Lives. :cool::D

#35 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,507 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

I want to say thanks to all of you. I don't frequent this spot as a poster, mostly I just read..

But when I've needed to vent...no shortage of bended ears willing to listen. Thats been very nice.

Thanks again, best wishes to you all.

#36 FowlPlay

FowlPlay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

I believe the mods did the best they could, given the volatile nature of many SunSpot members.

Dont forget the over sensitive liberal posters that found a direct insult in no matter what was said.

those are the ones I always had the most fun with,, matter of fact, the reason I joined in 96 was because I saw a chance to screw with someone on a contrail thread,, I claimed I worked with a government agency and it was actually a government developed drug to sterilize blacks.. God that turned out funny..

gonna miss it.

P.S.
I know Im a sick sick person, no need to tell me..
Oh, and I think the name of the guy I directed it at was Chili or something like that.
Blame yourself.

#37 Chesapeake Man

Chesapeake Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Maybe I should get banned on my last day here like I did the first time with my first altie? Anyone remember what my name altie was back then and how I went out in a blaze of glory? Rick 998 was there.
Morning folks!!!!

#38 MooGoo

MooGoo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Someday, I am gonna regret getting that "Sunspot Lives" tatoo on my ***.

#39 DAISYDORIGHT

DAISYDORIGHT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,238 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Maybe I should get banned on my last day here like I did the first time with my first altie? Anyone remember what my name altie was back then and how I went out in a blaze of glory? Rick 998 was there.

Easternshoreguy

#40 Chesapeake Man

Chesapeake Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

DING DING DING we have a winner!!!!!!
Morning folks!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users