- - - - -

Now here's a shocker

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

With no NCAA lax teams in the state, the quarterfinals will be played in Indy in 2013. Well, OK, we do have ND...still, seems odd.

http://www.indystar....ews|text|Sports

#2 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

It doesn't seem like the greatest idea to me. There is a fair chance ND won't make the quarterfinals and for any of the other teams likely to make the quarterfinals it is a very long trip.

#3 LFDlaxer

LFDlaxer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Having the quarterfinals in Lucas Oil Stadium and moving the venue out of one of the traditional lacrosse hotbeds is a marketing ploy. Same reason Denver got a home game last year, an effort to grow the sport. Will NOT help the present only the possible future of the sport. Zack80 - I will be going to Rutgers on Sunday and if I can figure out who is who, I will attempt to give you a "scouting report".

#4 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Sounds good LFDLaxer.
How the attack and close D are meshing out would be of great interest ... whether Cummings and Jesse Bernhardt seemed to be staying at the midfield or moving.

I've read 3 articles about UMd fall practice and not one even mentions Chanenchuk.

#5 LFDlaxer

LFDlaxer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

I don't believe that Mr. Chanenchuk is on campus; I believe he does not arrive in CP until January...

#6 Zack80

Zack80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

I won't hold my breath.
As you know, I'm not the biggest fan of the whole Chanenchuk thing anyways. I'd just as soon see Bobby Gribbin, Rustin Bryant,... get a shot on the midfield.

#7 popeyepete

popeyepete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head LFDlaxer, it's just a marketing ploy...after all what makes the world go round...
Cheers, Pete.

#8 Myrula

Myrula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

The NCAA is going back to an old haunt and exceptionally new ground with the 2013 men's lacrosse quarterfinals. Notre Dame is the host school for the quarterfinal in Indianapolis.:)