Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canis

In the beginning

7 posts in this topic

Genesis 1 states:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I'm assuming "heavens" refers to all intergalactic space, in other words, the universe.

Where was God living before he created the universe?

Our universe might be really, really big — but finite. Or it might be infinitely big.

Both cases, says physicist Brian Greene, are possibilities, but if the latter is true, so is another posit: There are only so many ways matter can arrange itself within that infinite universe. Eventually, matter has to repeat itself and arrange itself in similar ways. So if the universe is infinitely large, it is also home to infinite parallel universes.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/24/132932268/a-physicist-explains-why-parallel-universes-may-exist

I am having trouble figuring out why you posted this in explore baltimore? .....

move these up to health and science and you will get some comments ......

the intelligent design thread is closing in on 100 pages ......

I find the concept of a fractal verse intriguing.

I'm hoping a concept like this will be explored by physicts one day.

Genesis 1 states:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I'm assuming "heavens" refers to all intergalactic space, in other words, the universe.

Where was God living before he created the universe?

Scripture tells us God is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He has always been and always will be.

He is infinite and we are finite. It's a God thing; we wouldn't understand. :)

(except for Wizard :D)

Alpha (Α) and omega (Ω) are the first and last letters in the early Greek alphabet. The New Testament writers wrote in Greek back then, something they commonly did to have their work accepted. The phrase does have a poetic ring to it.

If it had been written in English it would have been: "I am the A and the Z, the first and the last." Kinda like saying, "I'm it!"