Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgofbmore

Matthews 1600

6 posts in this topic

Anyone been to Matthews 1600on Frederick Rd? If so, what do you think of the place?

I have been there about a dozen times for working lunches ........

its a nice place with a nice menu ......

I have pretty much had all the sandwiches, soups and salads ......

never been for dinner or on my own time (so haven't had any wine, cocktails, entrees, etc) ......

Good, Not great. I had a business dinner there a few weeks ago and I felt it was a little expensive for what we got but I was paying for 15 so maybe it just felt that way. I few of us hung out at the bar for a few drinks and I liked the bar. Better feel than most of the other Catonsville bars which all seem too small and too close. I do like the old Caton Tavern but maybe because that is where I had my first legal drink.

Good, Not great. I had a business dinner there a few weeks ago and I felt it was a little expensive for what we got but I was paying for 15 so maybe it just felt that way. I few of us hung out at the bar for a few drinks and I liked the bar. Better feel than most of the other Catonsville bars which all seem too small and too close. I do like the old Caton Tavern but maybe because that is where I had my first legal drink.

Accurate........ Okay bar, okay food....

I prefer Jennings or Ship's Cafe..... And not just because I know the owners....