Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobby jr

To Oriole Fans (A Moving Letter from Devil Rays Fan)

152 posts in this topic

TropNation

To: bobby jr

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Subject: I support/ salute you

Dear Mr Jr,

I would like you to please post this message on the forum for your home baseball team. I support you 100%

Dear Orioles fans,

My name is Michael ****. I am a long suffering Devil Rays fan, much like you guys are with the Orioles. I believe a salary cap is the only way to restore a competitive balance in our beautiful game. I am sick and tired of the Red Sox and Yankees being the national focus year after year after year. I know the Lightning won the Cup a few years back, as well as the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but nothing would resore sports respect in Tampa, as much as a competitive baseball team. So please support Mr Bobby in his quest. We can make this happen.

Thank you for your time.

RManiax and babylinux like this

If a team doesn't make much revenue in comparison to another team the cap will have minimum impact. Tampa received 65 million in revenue tax with a payroll of 27 million in 2006-what did they do with the cash? Where's the FA signings?

pitbull likes this

If a team doesn't make much revenue in comparison to another team the cap will have minimum impact. Tampa received 65 million in revenue tax with a payroll of 27 million in 2006-what did they do with the cash? Where's the FA signings?

Most salary caps have floors that force teams to spend. If you cap the Yankees and others,players have no choice but to sign with teams like the Rays and O's. Maybe not the A-Rod caliber but a higher caliber than what these teams get now.

Well the Tampa Bay fans seem pretty well schooled on the issues involved, and 68% of them voted for a salary cap on the poll I ran in their forum:

http://www.raysbaseball.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7933

Also the issue is burning hot in Tampa Bay! The discussion thread I started on the subject got 88 replies and 1242 views.

http://www.raysbaseball.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7927

I believe the D Rays and their fans have suffered as much as any team under the present failed and flawed system, and that is why the hunger for change is so real there.

And I will do what I can to help bring that change about, although there a limit to what one fan can do.

What I can do is make sure that fans know there are others who feel the same way that they do, that the present failed system which so favors the Yankees, Red Sox, and other big market teams, must be changed.

Well the Tampa Bay fans seem pretty well schooled on the issues involved, and 68% of them voted for a salary cap on the poll I ran in their forum:

http://www.raysbaseball.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7933

Also the issue is burning hot in Tampa Bay! The discussion thread I started on the subject got 88 replies and 1242 views.

I believe the D Rays and their fans have suffered as much as any team under the present failed and flawed system, and that is why the hunger for change is so real there.

And I will do what I can to help bring that change about, although there a limit to what one fan can do.

What I can do is make sure that fans know there are others who feel the same way that they do, that the present failed system which so favors the Yankees, Red Sox, and other big market teams, must be changed.

LOL....so 1242 people looked at your "hot" thread and only 88 posts were made??? Even assuming that 88 people posted one time (which we know isn't the case), that's only 7% of the viewers who felt it was worth commenting on.:rolleyes:

Yeah, keep slapping yourself on the back there, pal.:rolleyes:

TropNation

To: bobby jr

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Subject: I support/ salute you

Dear Mr Jr,

I would like you to please post this message on the forum for your home baseball team. I support you 100%

Dear Orioles fans,

My name is Michael ****. I am a long suffering Devil Rays fan, much like you guys are with the Orioles. I believe a salary cap is the only way to restore a competitive balance in our beautiful game. I am sick and tired of the Red Sox and Yankees being the national focus year after year after year. I know the Lightning won the Cup a few years back, as well as the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but nothing would resore sports respect in Tampa, as much as a competitive baseball team. So please support Mr Bobby in his quest. We can make this happen.

Thank you for your time.

Yep, this letter was moving alright. I wish Ex-Lax was this good.

GET A LIFE!

Norman likes this

he actually called himself long suffering :D

what is he, 8 years old?

he doesn't know from long suffering. he should visit a cubs board.

Where did you dig this clown up from Junior?

He seems like a figment of your imagination.

he referred to him as "Mr. Bobby"

that alone was worth reading the post for :D

he referred to him as "Mr. Bobby"

that alone was worth reading the post for :D

And "Mr Jr." :D He's very polite. Why am I picturing a blind kid petting a dead parakeet with his head duct taped to his body?

And "Mr Jr." :D He's very polite. Why am I picturing a blind kid petting a dead parakeet with his head duct taped to his body?

Me, I'm just thinking that Bobby must have multiple personalities that are conveniently all fans of other struggling teams like Tampa Bay and KC.

Here are two things that should happen but never will.

1. National Healthcare (the drug and insurance companies own too many politicians)

2. Baseball salary cap ( Baseball union is too strong)

Both should happen for the common good, neither ever will.

What a shame

I don't believe there is any Rays' fan called 'Micheal Asterisks'.

That's just not a common name.

The Mr Bobby bit was thigh-slappingly gigglesome,though.

I'm just stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it...;)

Pax Vobiscum

Saint-Just X

pitbull likes this

Bobby the Third?

I wonder if his mother ever caught sight of a strange man on the beach with a tan, muscular body glistening from the ocean? The rest, well you all could guess the rest.

scene: young dying Tampa Bay boy in hospital bed.

Boy: Mister Bobby, hit one out for me, can you? Pleeeaase!!!! Uh, ooooh (cough, cough). Can you do that for me, Babe...I mean, Mister Bobby? Can you ? Huh, huh?

Babe...I mean, Mister Bobby: Kid, I got it covered. Don't you worry about a thing. And when Mister Bobby makes a promise, kid, you can wrap it up and put a big fat yellow ribbon on it, it's good as done. Hang in there kiddo.