Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

To Oriole Fans (A Moving Letter from Devil Rays Fan)

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 bobby jr

bobby jr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,689 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

TropNation
To: bobby jr
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm
Subject: I support/ salute you
Dear Mr Jr,

I would like you to please post this message on the forum for your home baseball team. I support you 100%

Dear Orioles fans,

My name is Michael ****. I am a long suffering Devil Rays fan, much like you guys are with the Orioles. I believe a salary cap is the only way to restore a competitive balance in our beautiful game. I am sick and tired of the Red Sox and Yankees being the national focus year after year after year. I know the Lightning won the Cup a few years back, as well as the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but nothing would resore sports respect in Tampa, as much as a competitive baseball team. So please support Mr Bobby in his quest. We can make this happen.

Thank you for your time.
  • RManiax and babylinux like this

#2 Ponticar

Ponticar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

If a team doesn't make much revenue in comparison to another team the cap will have minimum impact. Tampa received 65 million in revenue tax with a payroll of 27 million in 2006-what did they do with the cash? Where's the FA signings?
  • pitbull likes this

#3 JeffhandsofStone

JeffhandsofStone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

If a team doesn't make much revenue in comparison to another team the cap will have minimum impact. Tampa received 65 million in revenue tax with a payroll of 27 million in 2006-what did they do with the cash? Where's the FA signings?

Most salary caps have floors that force teams to spend. If you cap the Yankees and others,players have no choice but to sign with teams like the Rays and O's. Maybe not the A-Rod caliber but a higher caliber than what these teams get now.
I was arrested at the 1976 Democratic convention but it's OK I was just beating up hippies and my cousin fixes NBA games- Jack Donaghy

#4 Guest_esmd_*

Guest_esmd_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

I guess there's one on every board. Maybe he can co-write your letter to Selig.

#5 bobby jr

bobby jr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,689 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

Well the Tampa Bay fans seem pretty well schooled on the issues involved, and 68% of them voted for a salary cap on the poll I ran in their forum:

http://www.raysbaseb...opic.php?t=7933

Also the issue is burning hot in Tampa Bay! The discussion thread I started on the subject got 88 replies and 1242 views.
http://www.raysbaseb...opic.php?t=7927

I believe the D Rays and their fans have suffered as much as any team under the present failed and flawed system, and that is why the hunger for change is so real there.

And I will do what I can to help bring that change about, although there a limit to what one fan can do.

What I can do is make sure that fans know there are others who feel the same way that they do, that the present failed system which so favors the Yankees, Red Sox, and other big market teams, must be changed.

#6 Guest_esmd_*

Guest_esmd_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well the Tampa Bay fans seem pretty well schooled on the issues involved, and 68% of them voted for a salary cap on the poll I ran in their forum:

http://www.raysbaseb...opic.php?t=7933

Also the issue is burning hot in Tampa Bay! The discussion thread I started on the subject got 88 replies and 1242 views.

I believe the D Rays and their fans have suffered as much as any team under the present failed and flawed system, and that is why the hunger for change is so real there.

And I will do what I can to help bring that change about, although there a limit to what one fan can do.

What I can do is make sure that fans know there are others who feel the same way that they do, that the present failed system which so favors the Yankees, Red Sox, and other big market teams, must be changed.

LOL....so 1242 people looked at your "hot" thread and only 88 posts were made??? Even assuming that 88 people posted one time (which we know isn't the case), that's only 7% of the viewers who felt it was worth commenting on.:rolleyes:

Yeah, keep slapping yourself on the back there, pal.:rolleyes:

#7 spelingchampeon

spelingchampeon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

TropNation
To: bobby jr
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm
Subject: I support/ salute you
Dear Mr Jr,

I would like you to please post this message on the forum for your home baseball team. I support you 100%

Dear Orioles fans,

My name is Michael ****. I am a long suffering Devil Rays fan, much like you guys are with the Orioles. I believe a salary cap is the only way to restore a competitive balance in our beautiful game. I am sick and tired of the Red Sox and Yankees being the national focus year after year after year. I know the Lightning won the Cup a few years back, as well as the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but nothing would resore sports respect in Tampa, as much as a competitive baseball team. So please support Mr Bobby in his quest. We can make this happen.

Thank you for your time.

Yep, this letter was moving alright. I wish Ex-Lax was this good.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY.

#8 Garton Del Savio

Garton Del Savio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

GET A LIFE!
  • Norman likes this

#9 Elevation

Elevation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,902 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

Where did you dig this clown up from Junior?

He seems like a figment of your imagination.
  • pitbull and Dave Pitman like this
www.elevationradio.com

#10 Gary58

Gary58

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

Dear Michael:

Here's a solution to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays competitive balance dilemma: Move the team to Las Vegas or San Antonio.

Sincerely,

Gary55

#11 bronco

bronco

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

Another bobby jr.
Who would have thunk it?:)
The Future is Bright...it actually is....maybe:D

#12 Gino Giant

Gino Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

How could a competitve team in Tampa "restore sports respect"? They've NEVER had a competitive team in Tampa, what is there to restore?

Moving letter? Maybe if I was sitting on the toilet.
  • pitbull likes this

#13 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

he actually called himself long suffering :D

what is he, 8 years old?
he doesn't know from long suffering. he should visit a cubs board.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#14 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Where did you dig this clown up from Junior?

He seems like a figment of your imagination.

he referred to him as "Mr. Bobby"
that alone was worth reading the post for :D
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#15 Ravens75

Ravens75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

I laughed so hard at this letter that I pi$$ed myself. Unbelievable what jr will do for attention.
  • pitbull likes this

#16 Gino Giant

Gino Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

he referred to him as "Mr. Bobby"
that alone was worth reading the post for :D

And "Mr Jr." :D He's very polite. Why am I picturing a blind kid petting a dead parakeet with his head duct taped to his body?

#17 thefitzman1

thefitzman1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

And "Mr Jr." :D He's very polite. Why am I picturing a blind kid petting a dead parakeet with his head duct taped to his body?

Me, I'm just thinking that Bobby must have multiple personalities that are conveniently all fans of other struggling teams like Tampa Bay and KC.
Juror #7: You a Yankee fan?
Juror #5: No, Baltimore.
Juror #7: Baltimore? That's like being hit in the head with a crow bar once a day.

#18 Elevation

Elevation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,902 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

The only thing Tampa leads the nation in is stabbings.

Go Ybor City!

Still don't believe this guy is real.
www.elevationradio.com

#19 mmmagician

mmmagician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Here are two things that should happen but never will.

1. National Healthcare (the drug and insurance companies own too many politicians)

2. Baseball salary cap ( Baseball union is too strong)

Both should happen for the common good, neither ever will.

What a shame

#20 mick93

mick93

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

:rolleyes:

I guess there's one on every board. Maybe he can co-write your letter to Selig.

Ya Bobby , forward the letter to Uncle Bud and he'll get right on it:confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users