Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durango46

Terps/Duke game thread

19 posts in this topic

again

it's painful to watch this padgett kid play

can't shoot

can't post up

can't box out

can't rebound

can be soft

why does he play ? on a major D1 college team

seems that's their MO

and I agree on the officials

very lopsided

Sorry, I hate blaming the refs but with Duke they just seem to get every close call and every break. This team just passes so poorly and makes such poor offensive decisions. On defense the seem to get lost when a team has a chance to set up a set play and they be screened off too easily. They also have an obvious physical disadvantage against Duke.

I'm still trying to figure out what Stoglin did to get benched in the 2nd half ? ? ?

He didn't play any different than any other game.

he's their best guard BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best scorer BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best ball handler BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best ball hog BY A LONG SHOT

I'm still trying to figure out what Stoglin did to get benched in the 2nd half ? ? ?

He didn't play any different than any other game.

he's their best guard BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best scorer BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best ball handler BY A LONG SHOT

he's their best ball hog BY A LONG SHOT

unfortunately you are right .......

even though his shot selection is terrible and a low fg percentage will come with that, they need his points since there aren't a lot of scorers on this team ......

it was nice to see faust break out a bit .....

Well they had lost the game by them and the coach had the stones to bench him for some reason. I hope he learned the lesson. I wonder if Stoglin comes back next year. He does not look like an NBA player but anyone that leads the ACC in scoring is going to have someone whispering in his ear about the draft.

unfortunately you are right .......

even though his shot selection is terrible and a low fg percentage will come with that, they need his points since there aren't a lot of scorers on this team ......

it was nice to see faust break out a bit .....

Agreed....I thought Faust played real well. Being a true freshman he will make his mistakes.

Not to repeat myself again.....but I thought Padgett would be a much better player than he is. He absolutely brought nothing to the table.

Well they had lost the game by them and the coach had the stones to bench him for some reason. I hope he learned the lesson. I wonder if Stoglin comes back next year. He does not look like an NBA player but anyone that leads the ACC in scoring is going to have someone whispering in his ear about the draft.

I disagree that the game was over when he benched Stoglin. The game was really over before it started.....having said that, the Terps we're still in the game when coach benched him.

That's my point.....what was the reason ? Why in the Duke game ? Hell of a time to prove a point. Stoglin usually plays out of control every game but....he's their offense.

I disagree that the game was over when he benched Stoglin. The game was really over before it started.....having said that, the Terps we're still in the game when coach benched him.

That's my point.....what was the reason ? Why in the Duke game ? Hell of a time to prove a point. Stoglin usually plays out of control every game but....he's their offense.

In an interview with the coach last night on NBC/Washington....he said he was benched because of a series of "poor shot selections". Maybe the coach told him to do one thing, and he did something else? NBC also said Stoglin was initially pretty upset in a "tweet" right after the game...but latter apologized for the tweet. More at 11...

Agreed....I thought Faust played real well. Being a true freshman he will make his mistakes.

Not to repeat myself again.....but I thought Padgett would be a much better player than he is. He absolutely brought nothing to the table.

we all did ......

most folks talked about him just as much as jordan williams in that recruiting class ......

http://www.collegehoopsvideo.com/2009/06/2009-maryland-terrapins-basketball-recruiting-class/

In an interview with the coach last night on NBC/Washington....he said he was benched because of a series of "poor shot selections". Maybe the coach told him to do one thing, and he did something else? NBC also said Stoglin was initially pretty upset in a "tweet" right after the game...but latter apologized for the tweet. More at 11...

Hey Slap.....it's been awhile. Hope all is well.

Sorry to hear about the tragic loss of Mr. McCandless. never had the pleasure of meeting him but from all I ever heard and read he was an awesome coach. I can only imagine what his wife and kids are going through..So sad..

so coach stated that Stoglin had a series of bad shots ???? hmmm.....

my point again

Stoglin does that every game..Now he expects to change the way Stoglin plays in a Duke game....tough one

Personally I enjoy watching Stoglin play.

Hey Slap.....it's been awhile. Hope all is well.

Sorry to hear about the tragic loss of Mr. McCandless. never had the pleasure of meeting him but from all I ever heard and read he was an awesome coach. I can only imagine what his wife and kids are going through..So sad..

so coach stated that Stoglin had a series of bad shots ???? hmmm.....

my point again

Stoglin does that every game..Now he expects to change the way Stoglin plays in a Duke game....tough one

Personally I enjoy watching Stoglin play.

Thanks.

Personally, did not know the coach...but from what I heard and read, he was very devoted to his players, not to mention an extremely successful HS baseball coach.

My wife heard from another mother who's son plays for the team, that he "has been battling depression for years." Have not heard of any incident that pushed him over the edge, or whether he simply stopped talking his medication? But very sad, indeed.