• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 outerbanks

outerbanks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Adam Shefter said last night that don't be surprised if the Ravens and Bengals make a move on Steelers receiver Mike Wallace. Evidently according to this article it was the big topic on Satellite radio also. The Steelers are in real cap trouble. http://www.ravens24x...es-to-Baltimore

#2 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Bring him on!

#3 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Does make sense but will not happen. Steagles will probably place a 1 and a 3 tender on him...that ain't happening on this earth.

Ozzie said he will never be without a first round pick again after trading up for Boller.

Cincy has two # 1's from the Palmer deal and Mike Brown probably doesn't want to pay both of them :D That is a possibility.

Wallace is a fairy, faux hawk and all, but playing next to a man like AJ Green would make that sissy a lot better.

#4 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,555 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

the squeelers aren't letting him go ......

they are transitioning to a passing offense and building their team around those 2 young wide receivers ......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#5 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,452 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Handing a first round pick to the Steelers and inking Wallace to a big deal seems about as unlikely as can be... especially considering the Ravens have to address contracts for Flacco and Rice, would like to keep most of their CBs, and will probably need to spend big on an OT in the near future...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#6 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Will never happen.

#7 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

the squeelers aren't letting him go ......

they are transitioning to a passing offense and building their team around those 2 young wide receivers ......

I Could have sworn Rooney hired Haley to bring back their "blue collared" running attack, unless ole liverspot is throwing smoke screens. :confused:
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 outerbanks

outerbanks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Adam Shefter said any AFC north team could really stick it to the Steelers if they make a contract offer to Wallace but add a signing bonus to it. If the Steelers match it they would have to pay the signing bonus which would add more to the cap to get rid of.

Everything I have read on PFT says at the end of this year the Steelers will not be able to afford Wallace and Brown. One will have to go.

#9 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Adam Shefter said any AFC north team could really stick it to the Steelers if they make a contract offer to Wallace but add a signing bonus to it. If the Steelers match it they would have to pay the signing bonus which would add more to the cap to get rid of.

Everything I have read on PFT says at the end of this year the Steelers will not be able to afford Wallace and Brown. One will have to go.

The two things that scares me is Ozzie not pulling the trigger on the deal to sink the Steeler's and him going for another poor-man's rendition of real pass catcher. They constantly get these dudes with suspect resumes or no resume at all. You have to pay someone decent money in free agency. The front office cowardly payment plan antics are really boring and predictable. If you see talent and need to upgrade. Stop *****footing around. Lee Evans and the David Tyree's come to mind.

#10 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

I would put it at 60% that the Ravens sign either Wallace or Wayne.
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#11 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

Does make sense but will not happen. Steagles will probably place a 1 and a 3 tender on him...that ain't happening on this earth.

Ozzie said he will never be without a first round pick again after trading up for Boller.

Cincy has two # 1's from the Palmer deal and Mike Brown probably doesn't want to pay both of them :D That is a possibility.

Wallace is a fairy, faux hawk and all, but playing next to a man like AJ Green would make that sissy a lot better.

...Yet, we traded away our first round pick just in 2010.

Shefter doesn't just make stuff up, guys. He has the full picture in mind when he reports this stuff. The possibility is out there, for real.

"Sissy?" Wallace ticked me off all the time because he is such a mouthy gamer who backs his stuff up with big time catches. His peers voted him to the Pro Bowl for a reason. He ain't no sissy (and something tells me you wouldn't call him that to his face). The guy is a full-on jerk who plays with a chip, but that made him, arguably, the best deep threat in the league last year. To get him would be a coup, and would also give us a serious advantage against the reeling Steelers. I'm all for this. We can use some of that roster bonus money we were going to pay Lee "Relax" Evans.

Just make him wear a real WR number.

PEYTON IN PURPLE
Braven

#12 TDL

TDL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

There are other areas where that money needs to be spent.

Bad idea.

#13 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

The only tender aval is 1st rounder only for Wallace as the new collective Bargaining rules put a stop to the practice of layering the picks to prevent other teams from going after your coveted free-agents. Also Boller was draft pick, not a proven player that has production to make his case. If I where Bisiotti I'd intercede in the move. Ozzie's reluctance to do a deal with Wallace could have serious playoff implications if they continue to go bargain basement for free-agents. They actually need 2 vet receivers to bolster the roster. Doss hasn't done anything to warrant #3 status. I'd plug in Reggie Wayne at a fair cost for 2 years. Or a Pierre Garcon to help spell Rice out of the back field catching the ball. The two rookies would vie for the running-backs positions.

#14 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

I would put it at 60% that the Ravens sign either Wallace or Wayne.

If you subtract about 60 points from that....you'd have a more accurrate %-age.

#15 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

If you subtract about 60 points from that....you'd have a more accurrate %-age.

Still haven't figured out who won the 1970 Heisman Trophy Award ?
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#16 RaelRaven

RaelRaven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Without looking it up, I'd say it was either Jim Plunkett of Stanford or Pat Sullivan of Auburn.

#17 RaelRaven

RaelRaven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

I regularly listen to NFL satellite radio and EVERYTHING I hear on there indicates that the Steelers are in absolute salary cap hell. They are going to have to make some major decisions on who to keep (or not). Willie Colon is refusing to take a pay cut, so he will probably be out of there. Casey Hampton is coming off of a major knee injury, and everything I've heard is almost certain to be cut. Rashard Mendenhall is coming off of a major knee injury as well, and there is a very good chance he will be cut. That will still leave the Steelers well above the cap.

That leaves the Steelers in a very difficult position regarding Wallace. Clearly they want to keep him. It would absolutely be in the interest of the Ravens or Bengals to make substantial contract offers to him, thereby forcing the Steelers to make the difficult choice of either letting him go to a division rival or trying to figure out where to make more cuts to their own roster in order to be able to match the other team's offer.

#18 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

You're probably right but Wallace would be more than a first round pick under the new CBA.
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#19 Jooser

Jooser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

I regularly listen to NFL satellite radio and EVERYTHING I hear on there indicates that the Steelers are in absolute salary cap hell. They are going to have to make some major decisions on who to keep (or not). Willie Colon is refusing to take a pay cut, so he will probably be out of there. Casey Hampton is coming off of a major knee injury, and everything I've heard is almost certain to be cut. Rashard Mendenhall is coming off of a major knee injury as well, and there is a very good chance he will be cut. That will still leave the Steelers well above the cap.

That leaves the Steelers in a very difficult position regarding Wallace. Clearly they want to keep him. It would absolutely be in the interest of the Ravens or Bengals to make substantial contract offers to him, thereby forcing the Steelers to make the difficult choice of either letting him go to a division rival or trying to figure out where to make more cuts to their own roster in order to be able to match the other team's offer.

Well, first off, the Steelers WERE approximately $25 mil over the cap before they restructured three contracts and and cut a few players, but having done that, they have already saved around $17 mil towards that cap hit. It's highly likely that Ben and Harrison will restructure as well saving even more money. Aaron Smith is old is likely to retire or be cut and re-signed at a cap-friendly vet minimum and play behind Heyward as a backup. Who know what will happen with Hampton and Mendy at this point, time will tell. The Steelers aren't likely to franchise Wallace, so the 1st round restricted offer is a possibility. Don't believe too much about what these "genius" commentators say though about the Steelers, they were all dead wrong about who the new offensive coordinator turned out to be and they are all grasping at straws with this sort of dramatic reporting. In summary, they're guessing and making **** up as they go. What's more dramatic than reporting the P*triots may take Wallace? How about a division rival like the Ravens or Bengals? And there ya have it folks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,730 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well, first off, the Steelers WERE approximately $25 mil over the cap before they restructured three contracts and and cut a few players, but having done that, they have already saved around $17 mil towards that cap hit. It's highly likely that Ben and Harrison will restructure as well saving even more money. Aaron Smith is old is likely to retire or be cut and re-signed at a cap-friendly vet minimum and play behind Heyward as a backup. Who know what will happen with Hampton and Mendy at this point, time will tell. The Steelers aren't likely to franchise Wallace, so the 1st round restricted offer is a possibility. Don't believe too much about what these "genius" commentators say though about the Steelers, they were all dead wrong about who the new offensive coordinator turned out to be and they are all grasping at straws with this sort of dramatic reporting. In summary, they're guessing and making **** up as they go. What's more dramatic than reporting the P*triots may take Wallace? How about a division rival like the Ravens or Bengals? And there ya have it folks.

They are usually extremely wrong about virtually everything. But they throw chit out all over the place; and when you do that often enough it sticks sometimes. Then they toot their own horns saying, "See. I told you so. I'm Nostradamus!"
-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users