• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 what is up with that

what is up with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

why is it every week I must pick up the "sun plus" which litters my front yard. my elderly neighbors front yard, my mil's front yard, they do not read it and neither do I. the pisser is that ifmy recycling is topped with these blue bagged litter, they've been removed by the big green truck workers. so now I hide them in the middle of it all. I don't want this, I don't ask for this and I resent having to pick up trash ... at least Red Plum puts that recycling into my mailbox. grrrr:mad: is it just me????

#2 wadeless28

wadeless28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Amen!!! Me too!!!! I cant stand it. :mad:

#3 Guest_Downunder_*

Guest_Downunder_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I just threw my mine on top on my recycle this morning. I will be interested to see if they took.... And, yes it P's me off.

#4 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

out here in whoville, lots of folks have "no free papers" signs out at the end of their driveways........

personally I think the signs look worse than the free papers if their lazy butts would just walk down to the end of the driveway and pick them up a few times a week ......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#5 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,836 posts
  • Location¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

We get the Gazette once a week down here. I don't see the big deal, put it in the recycling. On the list of crap to be upset about, this one's pretty far down.

#6 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Separate the blue plastic from the paper and toss the paper in the recycle bin and the blue plastic in the trash and all is well. A miniscule amount of extra work but worth it.
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#7 Talk Admin

Talk Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

If you would prefer not to receive SUNPlus, you can call 888-539-1280 or email SunPlusService@baltsun.com and give them your mailing address.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sun Marketing

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,646 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

We get the Gazette once a week down here. I don't see the big deal, put it in the recycling. On the list of crap to be upset about, this one's pretty far down.

I couldn't agree more Norm
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#9 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

If you would prefer not to receive SUNPlus, you can call 888-539-1280 or email SunPlusService@baltsun.com and give them your mailing address.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sun Marketing

Oh thank god. I have four of my neighbor's mailboxes on my property so I have to throw away five of those things every week.

#10 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I travel a lot and I have other mailboxes on my property. Plus it is pretty far from the house. Not a huge deal but it is a pain. I hated the examiner as well.

#11 Passerine

Passerine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

why is it every week I must pick up the "sun plus" which litters my front yard. my elderly neighbors front yard, my mil's front yard, they do not read it and neither do I. the pisser is that ifmy recycling is topped with these blue bagged litter, they've been removed by the big green truck workers. so now I hide them in the middle of it all. I don't want this, I don't ask for this and I resent having to pick up trash ... at least Red Plum puts that recycling into my mailbox. grrrr:mad: is it just me????

I see them all the time where I am, just lying in flower pots....
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross" -Upton Sinclair

#12 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

they plaster them all over the region for free and charge us to read here. Go figure.

government wants to charge 5 cents for plastic bags to cut down on litter- the Sun should contribute to the environment by not delivering unsolicited newspapers. For every one who recycles it or otherwise disposes of it, there are probably ten more who just leave them lying there. Plus how many get left at vacant places or common areas such as townhouses , apts, etc, not for any specific person or address and just get left as well.

#13 Red Baron

Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,956 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I like the local free papers. Since the Sun stopped doing any serious coverage of local issues, they're the best source for what's going on.

Besides, I like to read. I'll read a cereal box's ingredients at breakfast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did any of these groups protest against Big Government when it was illegally tapping our phones and denying habeas corpus rights... What we confront, in the anti-reform mobs, are people who approve of coercion and lawlessness, including when it is used by a strong leader... This mimics several of the characteristics Hannah Arendt discovered in the mobs tht brought totalitarianism to the modern world. -- Paul Grenier

#14 Guest_rurdy_*

Guest_rurdy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

And I don't even know why they bother to even deliver them when it's raining. The bags are so thin now that the paper is always, and I mean always, a wet mess when I pick it up.

#15 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

What do you do when you pay for the regular Sun paper and it never shows up multiple days a week??? And the Sun wonders why nobody subscribes anymore.

#16 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,836 posts
  • Location¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

What do you do when you pay for the regular Sun paper and it never shows up multiple days a week??? And the Sun wonders why nobody subscribes anymore.

Not sure about the Sun, but if I'm missing a Wash Post they get one to me the same day.:D

#17 Justthefax

Justthefax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

In my area Giant has a special coupon in the ad in Sun Plus for 300 bonus gas points.

I take it to save the 30¢ extra a gallon.
Tell a joke every day!
;) :)

I drum to the beat of a different walker!

Count Down Days left till the end of the Obamanation

#18 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

In my area Giant has a special coupon in the ad in Sun Plus for 300 bonus gas points.

I take it to save the 30¢ extra a gallon.

that's worth walking to the end of the driveway.....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#19 Justthefax

Justthefax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

that's worth walking to the end of the driveway.....

The Giant Gas program works. I have saved $2.20 a gallon many times.
Tell a joke every day!
;) :)

I drum to the beat of a different walker!

Count Down Days left till the end of the Obamanation

#20 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Umm, check your neighbors recycling for newspapers? :D
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users