what is up with that

Sun Plus

42 posts in this topic

why is it every week I must pick up the "sun plus" which litters my front yard. my elderly neighbors front yard, my mil's front yard, they do not read it and neither do I. the pisser is that ifmy recycling is topped with these blue bagged litter, they've been removed by the big green truck workers. so now I hide them in the middle of it all. I don't want this, I don't ask for this and I resent having to pick up trash ... at least Red Plum puts that recycling into my mailbox. grrrr:mad: is it just me????

I just threw my mine on top on my recycle this morning. I will be interested to see if they took.... And, yes it P's me off.

out here in whoville, lots of folks have "no free papers" signs out at the end of their driveways........

personally I think the signs look worse than the free papers if their lazy butts would just walk down to the end of the driveway and pick them up a few times a week ......

We get the Gazette once a week down here. I don't see the big deal, put it in the recycling. On the list of crap to be upset about, this one's pretty far down.

Separate the blue plastic from the paper and toss the paper in the recycle bin and the blue plastic in the trash and all is well. A miniscule amount of extra work but worth it.

If you would prefer not to receive SUNPlus, you can call 888-539-1280 or email SunPlusService@baltsun.com and give them your mailing address.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sun Marketing

We get the Gazette once a week down here. I don't see the big deal, put it in the recycling. On the list of crap to be upset about, this one's pretty far down.

I couldn't agree more Norm

If you would prefer not to receive SUNPlus, you can call 888-539-1280 or email SunPlusService@baltsun.com and give them your mailing address.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sun Marketing

Oh thank god. I have four of my neighbor's mailboxes on my property so I have to throw away five of those things every week.

I travel a lot and I have other mailboxes on my property. Plus it is pretty far from the house. Not a huge deal but it is a pain. I hated the examiner as well.

why is it every week I must pick up the "sun plus" which litters my front yard. my elderly neighbors front yard, my mil's front yard, they do not read it and neither do I. the pisser is that ifmy recycling is topped with these blue bagged litter, they've been removed by the big green truck workers. so now I hide them in the middle of it all. I don't want this, I don't ask for this and I resent having to pick up trash ... at least Red Plum puts that recycling into my mailbox. grrrr:mad: is it just me????

I see them all the time where I am, just lying in flower pots....

they plaster them all over the region for free and charge us to read here. Go figure.

government wants to charge 5 cents for plastic bags to cut down on litter- the Sun should contribute to the environment by not delivering unsolicited newspapers. For every one who recycles it or otherwise disposes of it, there are probably ten more who just leave them lying there. Plus how many get left at vacant places or common areas such as townhouses , apts, etc, not for any specific person or address and just get left as well.

I like the local free papers. Since the Sun stopped doing any serious coverage of local issues, they're the best source for what's going on.

Besides, I like to read. I'll read a cereal box's ingredients at breakfast.

And I don't even know why they bother to even deliver them when it's raining. The bags are so thin now that the paper is always, and I mean always, a wet mess when I pick it up.

What do you do when you pay for the regular Sun paper and it never shows up multiple days a week??? And the Sun wonders why nobody subscribes anymore.

What do you do when you pay for the regular Sun paper and it never shows up multiple days a week??? And the Sun wonders why nobody subscribes anymore.

Not sure about the Sun, but if I'm missing a Wash Post they get one to me the same day.:D

In my area Giant has a special coupon in the ad in Sun Plus for 300 bonus gas points.

I take it to save the 30¢ extra a gallon.

In my area Giant has a special coupon in the ad in Sun Plus for 300 bonus gas points.

that's worth walking to the end of the driveway.....

that's worth walking to the end of the driveway.....

The Giant Gas program works. I have saved $2.20 a gallon many times.

Umm, check your neighbors recycling for newspapers? :D

The Giant Gas program works. I have saved $2.20 a gallon many times.

As high as Giant's prices are you should be saving something :D

The one I saw requires a $50 grocery purchase to use the 300 bonus point gas coupon. These bonus point promotions for gas work best for folks with large gas tanks.

Perhaps this thread has lost its need for pinning.

Perhaps this thread has lost its need for pinning.

Ah, yes.  Good idea!  Thanks.

Ah, yes.  Good idea!  Thanks.

What about new people who join the board and don't like getting the SunPLUS? There's a phone # in this thread to stop delivery.