40 replies to this topic

#21 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,638 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

The Giant Gas program works. I have saved $2.20 a gallon many times.

As high as Giant's prices are you should be saving something :D
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#22 OldBay

OldBay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

In my area Giant has a special coupon in the ad in Sun Plus for 300 bonus gas points.

I take it to save the 30¢ extra a gallon.

The one I saw requires a $50 grocery purchase to use the 300 bonus point gas coupon. These bonus point promotions for gas work best for folks with large gas tanks.

#23 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Perhaps this thread has lost its need for pinning.

Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#24 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Perhaps this thread has lost its need for pinning.

Ah, yes.  Good idea!  Thanks.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#25 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts
  • LocationIn the land of optimism

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ah, yes.  Good idea!  Thanks.

What about new people who join the board and don't like getting the SunPLUS? There's a phone # in this thread to stop delivery.
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#26 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I hadn't thought of that.  Of course, the title gives no indication what this thread is about.  I'll repin it and change the title.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#27 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Sounds good to me.
To retaliate in kind would do nothing but intensify the existence of hate in the universe. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough, and morality enough, to cut off the chain of hate. ~~ MLK

#28 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,993 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

really, do you think this is were folks are going to look for that phone number? .,.......

shouldn't the sun have something on their main page directory? .......

Edited by Eastside Terp, 30 November 2013 - 11:02 PM.

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#29 EmDot

EmDot

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

really, do you think this is were folks are going to look for that phone number? .,.......

shouldn't the sun have something on their man page directory? .......

If they do, don't you think the OP would have called it and not complained about it here?

#30 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,993 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

If they do, don't you think the OP would have called it and not complained about it here?

deleted ......

Edited by Eastside Terp, 01 December 2013 - 12:12 AM.

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#31 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

I haven't gotten it in a year. I assumed they stop most of their physical spamming.
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#32 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

wow old thread see its not too busy around here--- but I'm bored so I'll comment......

before I moved but after I retired, I did newspaper delivery to supplement the pension and save $$$ for the big  move--- I was doing The Capital, which was bought by the Sun and they now work the same way-- in AA CO, Capital carriers now have to deliver Sun Plus along with Capital Choice. Supposedly, the sales staff has made phone solicitations and in some cases where they couldn't sell a paid subscription, they were able to convince the person to be on the list to receive the free Sun Plus which is all ads. But, then the telemarketers or canvassers have been known to fabricate a "yes" answer and not just for the freebies sometimes  even for a paid subscription. Too many times to be coincidence, I got a new subscription start only to be told a few days later the person said they never agreed to get one. The canvassers especially, they are temps who are never seen again by the company, and they get paid for every sign up, get paid and get out, doesn't matter if the person cancels or says they didn't order it a week or so later.

The carriers  are instructed to deliver them to those on the list and if they find someone who tells them they do not want it ( which is rare, as delivery is usually in the wee hours although some delivered the freebies on a separate run, so some do it during hours where they might encounter homeowners) the carrier is still expected to deliver it somewhere. The carrier gets paid 5 cents a copy, which is insignificant, but its a requirement of the job, not an option. The paper gets paid based on the circulation number, which they dishonestly report as the original sign- up number plus any new ones--- but, hey they are being delivered somewhere, never mind that most are scooped up in the trash or just left to be litter .

If you get it regularly and don't want it, if you complain enough they will instruct the carrier to make sure to skip your address, but it might take some persistence.

Some carriers just trash them, and some shotgun them just anywhere that looks good to them. 

I liked complaints about people receiving it and wanting it stopped, as it served as some proof to them that I was indeed delivering it, as they were constantly accusing and intimidating to try to assure they were in fact delivered as there was not much they did or could do in the way of actual verification.

Now you know much more than you need to about the life of a Newspaper carrier. 

Edited by Saticon3, 15 June 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#33 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Locationfar side of the moon

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:26 AM

they do not read it and neither do I. .,,,, grrrr:mad: is it just me????

Personally, I did not understand your thought,.,...,./:\.,.,.,

care to repeat it-?

Do you pay for the subscription ?

just asking (:-

Edited by tooldtocare, 03 July 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#34 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

Now you know much more than you need to about the life of a Newspaper carrier.

Ok, your work is your business not mine

But we are still all human

agree or not, it is a fact (:-

Edited by tooldtocare, 03 July 2015 - 02:32 AM.

#35 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

Separate the blue plastic from the paper and toss the paper in the recycle bin and the blue plastic in the trash

Plastics are easy to make and shape into what ever form and color you choose. they have a low melting point and in my view are recycle able.

This synthetic compound may seem limitless but it is not.,.,,.,.....

Should there be a drive to re-cycle plastics as well-?

(:-

#36 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Question-?

We have electromagnets that a-track steel/iron using that magnetic wave. Could it be possible to create a wave that attract plastic’s and or aluminium too?

Just asking (:-

Edited by tooldtocare, 05 August 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#37 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

how about lead-

could such a wave frequency be created-

to follow the pipe- using that frequency ,.,.,.,. ,.,. ,.,., ,   ..... . . m, ,. .  ., . . k .   

.,.,.,.,.,....,,.m,m,..to follow it'.,.,.,.,.

where ever it went-??

Edited by tooldtocare, 28 March 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#38 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Yeah. That thread got weird.

Yes, it takes a lot of persistence to get off of the SunPlus delivery route. I called and emailed multiple times. I finally told them I was installing game cameras to document the litter on my lawn.

My issue was that there are multiple neighbors that have mailboxes on my property out by the end of the driveway. None of them collect the TrashPlus so they lay in my yard until I do.

No thanks.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#39 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:09 PM

"Yeah. That thread got weird.

Yes, .,.,.,.,.,.,., I finally told them I was installing game cameras to document the litter on my lawn.

My issue was that there are multiple neighbors that have mailboxes on my property out by the end of the driveway. None of them collect the TrashPlus so they lay in my yard until I do.

No thanks."

Where I come from; you just walk up to your neighbor and say; I hired a Registered Professional  Land Surveyor and he said your garbage is on my property

Please remove it-

What do you do-?

Edited by tooldtocare, 28 March 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#40 tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

Do you pay for the subscription ?

just asking (:-

I do, it's through Medicare 

Are you a US citizen-?

just asking

Edited by tooldtocare, 28 March 2016 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users