• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Halberstam

Halberstam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Of course the left hates this because it chips away at their base. I think it is a great idea, but it should go three steps further: Check for warrants, citizenship and immigration status.

http://www.tennessea...m/article/20120 ... ns-support

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,134 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

I would agree. There is nothing wrong with helping those who honestly need it and are good citizens who need assistance because of bad breaks. But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#3 Cetshwayo

Cetshwayo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

As a lifelong Democrat I think that loyalty tests should be administered to applicants. Check to see if anyone ever used a racial epithet against Obama, if they did no welfare.

#4 AttackPlanR

AttackPlanR

Liberal? Yes. Democrat? Hell No

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,864 posts
  • LocationThe War Room

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

This story broke a day or two ago here in Denver:

http://www.denverpos...rch/ci_20058326
May the road always rise to meet you, but not with the massive force of a 50 pound car bomb.
Old Northern Ireland Proverb, The Onion.

It's finally time for real auto racing!!

#5 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,767 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Waste of taxpayers money
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#6 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,734 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I would agree. There is nothing wrong with helping those who honestly need it and are good citizens who need assistance because of bad breaks. But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.

How about Social Security recipients? Or vet benefits? Or govt backed student loans?

#7 Wizard777

Wizard777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,146 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Sure! Right after the government takes that exact same policy stance with all those rich bankers we bailed out. Does anyone remember when you would have to commit about 20 felonies before you could get anywhere near bankrupting an American Bank? The good old days when bankers lived in mortal fear of the word insolvent. Because that word meant EVERYBODY is going to jail for a long freakin' time and losing EVERTHING they own. Now they get multimillion dollar bonuses for that.
Support The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008 !
Marijuana Policy Project
We too have a dream. A dream in which we are judged by what we do instead of what we smoke. A dream in which we are not at "war" with a Government we would rather serve than fight. Everyone need somewhere to belong

#8 Wizard777

Wizard777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,146 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Waste of taxpayers money

Not when you're the Governor that owns the labs that will be doing all the drug testing. ;)
Support The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008 !
Marijuana Policy Project
We too have a dream. A dream in which we are judged by what we do instead of what we smoke. A dream in which we are not at "war" with a Government we would rather serve than fight. Everyone need somewhere to belong

#9 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

Of course the left hates this because it chips away at their base. I think it is a great idea, but it should go three steps further: Check for warrants, citizenship and immigration status.

It would also devastate the rights base...wouldn't it ? I know for a fact that those thousands of meth labs are run primarily by good ol boys and rednecks who are not going to vote for Obama if they vote at all. And if you think their clientele is solely made up of the 'left'. You're ignorant or strongly in denial. Tennessee = meth labs. Denver= a ballot in November to legalize recreational marijuana. ;)

Question:What do you think would happen if we drug tested the politicians, DA's and Judges and Social Service social workers across the country ?
Do you think they would all turn up clean ? Do you really ? :cool:

I have never seen the Republican party look so stupid and hateful as it does now. Not just to many Americans but to the world. I think the republicans are going to lose in November as a result of their extremism.

#10 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.

Or your government, taxpayer funded job...right ? Test the politicians !!! Are they excluded from testing simply because they "worked" for the money ? The law is the law right ? Or is it all right or 'different' if tax payer money is paying for drugs use among public officials.

Is this what is meant by class warfare ? Test the poor but not the middleclass and wealthy recipients of taxpayer money?

Shame, shame, shame ! :cool:

#11 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Welfare is also Unemployment. If you do this test everyone and any type of welfare, social security, medicare, medicade etc.

#12 georjec2

georjec2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Welfare is also Unemployment. If you do this test everyone and any type of welfare, social security, medicare, medicade etc.

Or anyone who receives "taxpayer" money ?

#13 bystander

bystander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

Social Security is not welfare.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ...

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
Thomas Jefferson

#14 sigmalady

sigmalady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

The link doesn't work.

#15 Cetshwayo

Cetshwayo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

It would also devastate the rights base...wouldn't it ? I know for a fact that those thousands of meth labs are run primarily by good ol boys and rednecks who are not going to vote for Obama if they vote at all. And if you think their clientele is solely made up of the 'left'. You're ignorant or strongly in denial. Tennessee = meth labs. Denver= a ballot in November to legalize recreational marijuana. ;)

Question:What do you think would happen if we drug tested the politicians, DA's and Judges and Social Service social workers across the country ?
Do you think they would all turn up clean ? Do you really ? :cool:

I have never seen the Republican party look so stupid and hateful as it does now. Not just to many Americans but to the world. I think the republicans are going to lose in November as a result of their extremism.

So what are you complaining for if the baby killing Obamunists will win handily this November? Yes we can!

#16 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,430 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

I can't believe folks are still on the drug test welfare recipients bandwagon. It's a huge waste of time and money. Just do a bit of research on how it went down here in Florida.
*****HAIL TO THE REDSKINS*****

#17 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,767 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Social Security is not welfare.

They're already proposing drug tests for people recieving unemployment benefits. It's only a matter of time before they get around to Social Security...
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#18 ChesterCopperPot

ChesterCopperPot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

How about Social Security recipients? Or vet benefits? Or govt backed student loans?

Yours is a stupid f****** post, since when has a welfare reciepent paid one cent for the check/wic card they receive monthly. The employee and employer both pay into social security and the vets earn theirs by serving in the military.

#19 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,430 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yours is a stupid f****** post, since when has a welfare reciepent paid one cent for the check/wic card they receive monthly. The employee and employer both pay into social security and the vets earn theirs by serving in the military.

Appears that your post is just as f****** stupid. You do realize that there are a large number of people receiving welfare that up until that point were employed and paying taxes for many years right? You do realize that not everyone on welfare is some bum who's never had a job or paid taxes and is just mooching off the system right?

Edited by banner1124, 02 March 2012 - 09:19 AM.
typo

*****HAIL TO THE REDSKINS*****

#20 downhome

downhome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Eligibilty for student loans and grants is already dependent on "living drug free" (or at least not getting caught distributing or with possession ;)).

How about farm subsidies?
Avatar pic courtesy of Moose Milligan

10/19/08: C25K Graduate

"The thing is, gosh darn, it's April. I want to win as bad as everyone else does. These guys want to win, too." Dave Trembley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users