Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halberstam

Drug Testing Welfare Recipients

57 posts in this topic

I would agree. There is nothing wrong with helping those who honestly need it and are good citizens who need assistance because of bad breaks. But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.

As a lifelong Democrat I think that loyalty tests should be administered to applicants. Check to see if anyone ever used a racial epithet against Obama, if they did no welfare.

I would agree. There is nothing wrong with helping those who honestly need it and are good citizens who need assistance because of bad breaks. But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.

How about Social Security recipients? Or vet benefits? Or govt backed student loans?

Sure! Right after the government takes that exact same policy stance with all those rich bankers we bailed out. Does anyone remember when you would have to commit about 20 felonies before you could get anywhere near bankrupting an American Bank? The good old days when bankers lived in mortal fear of the word insolvent. Because that word meant EVERYBODY is going to jail for a long freakin' time and losing EVERTHING they own. Now they get multimillion dollar bonuses for that.

Waste of taxpayers money

Not when you're the Governor that owns the labs that will be doing all the drug testing. ;)

Of course the left hates this because it chips away at their base. I think it is a great idea, but it should go three steps further: Check for warrants, citizenship and immigration status.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... ns-support

It would also devastate the rights base...wouldn't it ? I know for a fact that those thousands of meth labs are run primarily by good ol boys and rednecks who are not going to vote for Obama if they vote at all. And if you think their clientele is solely made up of the 'left'. You're ignorant or strongly in denial. Tennessee = meth labs. Denver= a ballot in November to legalize recreational marijuana. ;)

Question:What do you think would happen if we drug tested the politicians, DA's and Judges and Social Service social workers across the country ?

Do you think they would all turn up clean ? Do you really ? B)

I have never seen the Republican party look so stupid and hateful as it does now. Not just to many Americans but to the world. I think the republicans are going to lose in November as a result of their extremism.

But there is absolutely no reason tax payer money should be used for those who are breaking the law. Break the law, forfeit government assistance.

Or your government, taxpayer funded job...right ? Test the politicians !!! Are they excluded from testing simply because they "worked" for the money ? The law is the law right ? Or is it all right or 'different' if tax payer money is paying for drugs use among public officials.

Is this what is meant by class warfare ? Test the poor but not the middleclass and wealthy recipients of taxpayer money?

Shame, shame, shame ! B)

Welfare is also Unemployment. If you do this test everyone and any type of welfare, social security, medicare, medicade etc.

Welfare is also Unemployment. If you do this test everyone and any type of welfare, social security, medicare, medicade etc.

Or anyone who receives "taxpayer" money ?

Social Security is not welfare.

Of course the left hates this because it chips away at their base. I think it is a great idea, but it should go three steps further: Check for warrants, citizenship and immigration status.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... ns-support

The link doesn't work.

It would also devastate the rights base...wouldn't it ? I know for a fact that those thousands of meth labs are run primarily by good ol boys and rednecks who are not going to vote for Obama if they vote at all. And if you think their clientele is solely made up of the 'left'. You're ignorant or strongly in denial. Tennessee = meth labs. Denver= a ballot in November to legalize recreational marijuana. ;)

Question:What do you think would happen if we drug tested the politicians, DA's and Judges and Social Service social workers across the country ?

Do you think they would all turn up clean ? Do you really ? B)

I have never seen the Republican party look so stupid and hateful as it does now. Not just to many Americans but to the world. I think the republicans are going to lose in November as a result of their extremism.

So what are you complaining for if the baby killing Obamunists will win handily this November? Yes we can!

I can't believe folks are still on the drug test welfare recipients bandwagon. It's a huge waste of time and money. Just do a bit of research on how it went down here in Florida.

They're already proposing drug tests for people recieving unemployment benefits. It's only a matter of time before they get around to Social Security...

How about Social Security recipients? Or vet benefits? Or govt backed student loans?

Yours is a stupid f****** post, since when has a welfare reciepent paid one cent for the check/wic card they receive monthly. The employee and employer both pay into social security and the vets earn theirs by serving in the military.

Yours is a stupid f****** post, since when has a welfare reciepent paid one cent for the check/wic card they receive monthly. The employee and employer both pay into social security and the vets earn theirs by serving in the military.

Appears that your post is just as f****** stupid. You do realize that there are a large number of people receiving welfare that up until that point were employed and paying taxes for many years right? You do realize that not everyone on welfare is some bum who's never had a job or paid taxes and is just mooching off the system right?

Eligibilty for student loans and grants is already dependent on "living drug free" (or at least not getting caught distributing or with possession ;)).

How about farm subsidies?

WRONG

Webster Dictionary- aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need.

Time for granny to pee in a cup!!!

WRONG

Webster Dictionary- aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need.

Time for granny to pee in a cup!!!

I don't care what Webester says. Social Security is not a Welfare or entitlement program. People pay into it and expect a benefit according to the amount they paid.

So what are you complaining for if the baby killing Obamunists will win handily this November? Yes we can!

A reply from a right fringer. You cannot deal with the real Obama or his party so you create a fictional one. Fortunately the mainstream does not buy the B.S.. The mainstream is not that stupid or narrow minded as to believe that Obama is a baby killer.

Do you think G.W Bush and Cheney are teneager killers ? That's different because ????. Oh yeah teenagers are not babies. It's only unborn babies that you care about.

The 3rd reason I'm glad abortion is legal is because it's p i s s e s you off. :)

You support abortion because it's legal.

I guess you would have supported black people in slavery because slavery was legal?

Huh?

Oh yeah, whose political party makes abortion a sacrament? The democrat party.

What political party kept black people as slaves? The democrat party.

Erie coincidence. Next you'll be advancing that the octogenarians should be euthanized because they're too much of a "drain" on the social insecurity and medicare programs.