#2 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

From Rich Cimini's twitter page:

Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Numbers on Sanchez contract: 5 yrs/$58.25M, plus $10M in escalators. It includes $20.5M in gtd money and $40.5M in "new" money. #Jets

#3 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Adam Schefter just reported it on SportsCenter LOL, I'm guessing
Peyton told the Jets hell no and they decided to placate Sanchize, this
is just great LOL.

I think you are probably right. If Sanchez improves and becomes the QB they thought he could be, it works out great for the Jets because they will be getting a QB for a lot less than he might be worth. If he continues to look like he did this year, then they will be paying someone who they will likely be looking to unload after the upcoming season or the next. It's a gamble, but if Manning did eliminate them from his list this early, then it was probably the only move they could make.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#4 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

I think you are probably right. If Sanchez improves and becomes the QB they thought he could be, it works out great for the Jets because they will be getting a QB for a lot less than he might be worth. If he continues to look like he did this year, then they will be paying someone who they will likely be looking to unload after the upcoming season or the next. It's a gamble, but if Manning did eliminate them from his list this early, then it was probably the only move they could make.

Personally, I think it's a horrible move. Sanchez has pretty much demonstrated the QB he is, and is going to be. Now the Jets are saddled with him and that's that. Wow. It's a real head scratcher move, IMO.

#5 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Personally, I think it's a horrible move. Sanchez has pretty much demonstrated the QB he is, and is going to be. Now the Jets are saddled with him and that's that. Wow. It's a real head scratcher move, IMO.

And the hits just keep on coming. lol
Poor management and leadership will doom gang green. Rex will be available after another failed attempt to shore-up his dysfunctional team. Just throw money at them and we're guaranteed to win the SB. He and his GM have no clue what to do.:D

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

And the hits just keep on coming. lol
Poor management and leadership will doom gang green. Rex will be available after another failed attempt to shore-up his dysfunctional team. Just throw money at them and we're guaranteed to win the SB. He and his GM have no clue what to do.:D

Not only that, but those numbers are probably going to figure into the contract deal for Joe, and hopefully help his case out in the process.

#7 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Not only that, but those numbers are probably going to figure into the contract deal for Joe, and hopefully help his case out in the process.

I think Joe's price just went up, it's good to be an NFL QB these days, where do I sign up? LOL

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,806 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

From Rich Cimini's twitter page:

Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Numbers on Sanchez contract: 5 yrs/$58.25M, plus $10M in escalators. It includes $20.5M in gtd money and $40.5M in "new" money. #Jets

Flacco's about get "pizaaid"
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#9 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Flacco's about get "pizaaid"

Yes he is, Aaron Wilson basically said it on his twitter page:

ravensinsider Aaron Wilson
And, yes, for those asking, the Mark Sanchez deal sets an even richer negotiating landscape for Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.
9 hours ago Reply Retweet Favorite

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Good move for Big Rex and co....the man has done nothing but win since he stepped foot in NYC. He'll only get better as he gets older and assuming they give him a bit more help @ WR the sky's the limit. :cool:

And amazingly.....that wasn't even the best move of the night.

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,806 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Good move for Big Rex and co....the man has done nothing but win since he stepped foot in NYC.

Yeah that 8-8 record last year was certainly worth $58 million :rolleyes:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#12 Local Boy

Local Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

This guy gives props to a team with an 8-8 record and a team that guaranteeing a Championship at that. Yet he bashes a franchise that has made the playoffs the 4 years Flacco has played. A franchise that has a qb whose numbers are better than any others in their first four years of playing. Now sit there and tell me this guy knows something about football and the rest of us will just sit back and LOAO.
:cool: To be a winner, you have to dedicate yourself to the cause.

#13 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

This guy gives props to a team with an 8-8 record and a team that guaranteeing a Championship at that. Yet he bashes a franchise that has made the playoffs the 4 years Flacco has played. A franchise that has a qb whose numbers are better than any others in their first four years of playing. Now sit there and tell me this guy knows something about football and the rest of us will just sit back and LOAO.

He's attention needy. Plain and simpleton......:)

#14 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

....the man has done nothing but win since he stepped foot in NYC...

... and yet we have a QB for the Ravens who has won more games, including more high-pressure games such as both against the Jets, and has better career statistics - but you have never expressed a kind word about him!

#15 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Guess we now know where Flacco's starting point is. Sanchez will be gone in 2 years. Looks like Flacco will be getting around $70mil now. I thought Foster's deal was a good ceiling for Ray Rice's deal and now the Jets come and raise Flacco's price. It could be worse, we could of paid 28mil for a QB that didnt play a game last year.

#16 mdlmark

mdlmark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Good move for Big Rex and co....the man has done nothing but win since he stepped foot in NYC. He'll only get better as he gets older and assuming they give him a bit more help @ WR the sky's the limit. :cool:

And amazingly.....that wasn't even the best move of the night.

I rest my case.
Theodoric of York: Wait a minute. Perhaps she's right. Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly folow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance! ... Naaaaaahhh! :D:P

#17 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

They definately should not extend Joe. Make him play out his original deal, keeping the cap hit lower than if they extend him. Then based on his performance give an appropriate deal. Extending Dog bawls Sanchez? He must have been crying about all the negative press he has gotten since peytons release. BTW, in order to nothing but win, doesn't that mean you have to win it all and not curl up like a beech as soon as he gets the ball?
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 PurpleBird

PurpleBird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm thinking Sanchez has video of Rex licking his toes! That must be why he got an extension.

#19 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,389 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

And somewhere Kyle Boller is thinking "That could have been me!"

Because they're pretty much the same quarterbacks... ;)
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#20 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sanchez is a mistake and will be run out of New York by the end of next year. If the Jets do badly Ryan will noy make it through the year either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users