#1 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

From Aaron Wilson's twitter page:

ravensinsider Aaron Wilson
Bryant McKinnie is due a $500,000 roster bonus in a few days, which is expected to be picked up by the team, per a source
13 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite 6

Bryant McKinnie has dropped weight since the end of last season and is expected to participate in the offseason program, per a league source
13 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite

Bryant McKinnie had a 'very positive meeting' with Ravens team officials today and is expected to be retained, according to a league source.
14 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite 8

#2 RH0650

RH0650

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Good. At this point we couldn't afford to lose any more lineman. He's over the hill and can't handle speed rushers but is definitely better than the alternative.

#3 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

they better pick it up .......

if he leaves they were talking about oher moving back over there :eek: ......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#4 elj1201

elj1201

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

sweet i can wear my mckinnie vikings jersey for another year

#5 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

But I thought all players hated the Ravens and no one wanted to play for them.

I'm confused.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#6 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Fairly certian he has no other options at this point and time.....wrong side of 30.....not in the best of shape....declining skills.....some baggage....yep....classic Ravens (re)signing. :o

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm confused.

Corey......JJ....Big Ben.....and counting? :o

Funny.....you didn't even attempt to pursue the Super Marios and VJs and Royals and Pierres and Knicks of this FA class....West Side Ozzie had to have known they had zero shot at convincing any of them to sign.

So tell me class....what have we learned from this offseason thus far? :o

#8 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm confused.

Here's how it works:

-no free agent ever wants to come to Baltimore
-every Baltimore player hates it here and wants to leave
-any free agent we sign is a loser and no other team wants them
-every Baltimore player is a loser and are only here because no team wants them

It's pretty obvious why the 12-4 Ravens were worse than the 2-14 Colts.

#9 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Funny.....you didn't even attempt to pursue the Super Marios and VJs and Royals and Pierres and Knicks of this FA class....West Side Ozzie had to have known they had zero shot at convincing any of them to sign.

Have you ever heard of the salary cap? It's this thing where a team has a certain amount of money they can spend.

#10 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

That you are an idiot? Was there some other lesson you were attempting to convey?
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#11 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

I already posted the article for you that explained that the Ravens told Johnson & Redding that they would probably not be resigning them in order to go younger and cheaper. It was the Ravens that jettisoned them, not the other way around. Grubbs is from the south and was offered more money by New Orleans. The Ravens made a substantial offer to him. Like most people would, he took a job for higher pay, closer to home.

The Ravens have never been known to pursue the high dollar free agents. There is a salary cap to contend with and because the Ravens are so adept at drafting, their own draft choices end up being the high dollar players that they spend their cap money on when it comes time to resign them.

Did the Colts pursue the Super Marios and VJs and Royals and Pierres and Knicks of this FA class? Well, yes to Pierre, but he decided to take more money from a team that's going to win more games than the Colts. See how that works?
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#12 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Peyton coudn't wait to bolt Indy?
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

-no free agent ever wants to come to Baltimore
-every Baltimore player hates it here and wants to leave
-any free agent we sign is a loser and no other team wants them
-every Baltimore player is a loser and are only here because no team wants them.

I can't speak for #s 2-4 since I can't get in the heads of those players. But #s 1-3...sure seem like it to me. Altho I try not to speak in absolutes....so I wouldn't say 'ever' or 'every'....but yeah....pretty close.

Put is like this....when was the last time w/all things being equal that the Ravens won a bidding war for a half descent FA?

#14 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Did the Colts pursue the Super Marios and VJs and Royals and Pierres and Knicks of this FA class? Well, yes to Pierre, but he decided to take more money from a team that's going to win more games than the Colts. See how that works?

I do in deed see how it works....but you are missing something here. We were not looking at any of those guys because as a team we are not at that point right now....we are rebuilding and reloading.....but admittedly a little less reloading and a lot more rebuilding.

Mario and VJ and even Pierre to an extent would no longer be fits w/us.....we are now skewering younger as I've been saying time in time again.

#15 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Put is like this....when was the last time w/all things being equal that the Ravens won a bidding war for a half descent FA?

Better question, when have we needed to? We draft well and win. The big spenders almost never do.

#16 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

July 31, 2011

#17 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Better question, when have we needed to? We draft well and win. The big spenders almost never do.

Uh huh. Basically a round about way of saying 'almost never.' Got cha.

#18 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

July 31, 2011

Ah...the 11M FB. Ah yes.....TEX sure provided some stiff compeitition there. :rolleyes:

(Until they came to they're senses and realized they wouldn't shell out 11M for a flipping FB)

#19 reg_indy

reg_indy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I can't speak for #s 2-4 since I can't get in the heads of those players. But #s 1-3...sure seem like it to me. Altho I try not to speak in absolutes....so I wouldn't say 'ever' or 'every'....but yeah....pretty close.

they have not needed to.....
Terrell Suggs is doing all that he can fan the flames on the Ravens’ feud with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Underneath his uniform, the linebacker/defensive end has been wearing a black t-shirt with the letters “YBYSA” on the front and the saying, “You Bet Your Sweet *** I Hate the Steelers” on the back.

"I saw it in a store, and I was like, 'Oh, that’s nice for camp. Get our minds right,'" Suggs said

#20 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ah...the 11M FB. Ah yes.....TEX sure provided some stiff compeitition there. :rolleyes:

(Until they came to they're senses and realized they wouldn't shell out 11M for a flipping FB)

A PRO BOWL Full Back. An ALL PRO Full Back.

How many Pro Bowlers & All Pros did the Colts have this year?

By the way, it wasn't just the Texans: http://www.bigbluevi...ta-leach-report

Imagine that....Leach said the Giants were on his list, but he ended up coming to the despicable Ravens instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users